New Patch Constructive Feedback

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Post Reply
User avatar
Henny
Posts: 135
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 04:30

New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Henny »

I love it !
Last edited by Henny on 17 Sep 2020, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Dankman is a good guy

User avatar
Henny
Posts: 135
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 04:30

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Henny »

Fun highlights from last game:

-Panzer support doctrine or throw every fucking thing into one doctrine with 80 munition wespe. Why does everything cost so many fucking points???
- Panther G MG now does 0 damage (every axis tank MG now does 0.2 damage)
- BK mod now renamed to Britain krieg mod
- Hotchkiss HE very shit, trash ass ability
-Axis factions nerfed as they rightfully should be. There's a reason why they lost IRL right
- british 2 inch mortar now buffed to use uranium nuclear rounds
- This gem: Image


Pros of Current Patch:

Blitzkrieg doctrine is the new meta! The mod finally lives up to its name. Great patch, thank you to all the developers. Finally an axis buff

Image
Last edited by Henny on 17 Sep 2020, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Dankman is a good guy

User avatar
Walderschmidt
Posts: 629
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 12:42

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Walderschmidt »

Is this a joke?

Where's the constructive criticism?

Where were you during the year or so of beta testing that was posted often on the forum with myriad patches and patch announcements made?

Before this thread you didn't post for over year, which was making a "Wehrmacht Defense Doctrine Guide" for the old defense doc that no longer exists. Then you post 'highlights' from a recent game that you presumably lost played - WITHOUT POSTING THE REPLAY FILE. There's not a lick of constructive criticism. You say what is bad, but not how or why or place anything in context.

Panzer Support Doctrine - Everything cOsTs SO mAnY PoInTs! wHy?!

1) What's wrong? Do you feel like anything useful costs too much points? Other doctrines can get their useful abilities sooner? PS Doc unlocks aren't useful enough for the amount of CP to unlock them?
2) Panther G MG does 0 damage - did you look this up in corsix? Or get mad that your Panther was getting stomped by AT inf/gun etc and the hull MG didn't instawipe everything. I can't tell if you had a bad game or if there is an actual problem with the Panther hull MG
3) This is not helpful at all - cool - you think the Brits are OP. But why?
4) Why is Hotchkiss shit? What ability is trash? How ass is it?
5) Sarcasm - as if the devs don't have a hard enough time trying to interpret gripes and complaints on the forum. Sometimes it's a language barrier. And you add a sarcasm barrier. Or an IQ barrier.
6) Ok - you think British 2 inch mortar is OP. Why? How? Did you look it up in corsix or get owned?
7) This gem tells me nothing other than that was a very useful, well-used mortar. Was it hard to kill? Is its range to high? What what what is it?

You want this game to be better yet you can't even provide any useful feedback other than "I AM ANGRY AND I HATE THE BRITS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

User avatar
mofetagalactica
Posts: 656
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by mofetagalactica »

That mortar is the only thing that actually make british start strong lmao, other than that i think brits are pretty garbage in general, because of the unlocks and expensive slow teching.

I would actually like if the small mortar get less range for his HE bombs or a change in the AOE damage and another option (wich requires more teching) of a heavier mortar team.

kwok
Team Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 05:22

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by kwok »

where_was_poppaswank.JPG
Just a joke.

But in all seriousness, we definitely know there's going to be balance issues with this release. The point of the release wasn't to get to a fully balanced state of the game otherwise the beta would be on hold for another full year.

BUT, even still to claim balance issues only one day into the release is a bit too short-sighted. The patch with CW updates have been in beta with testers for at least a couple months maybe even half a year now. I'd recommend keep playing and have a lot more games under your belt before we start going deep into balance discussions. Right now we're focusing on bug fixes over balance first.

User avatar
Henny
Posts: 135
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 04:30

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Henny »

Walderschmidt wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 04:52
Is this a joke?

Where's the constructive criticism?

Where were you during the year or so of beta testing that was posted often on the forum with myriad patches and patch announcements made?

Before this thread you didn't post for over year, which was making a "Wehrmacht Defense Doctrine Guide" for the old defense doc that no longer exists. Then you post 'highlights' from a recent game that you presumably lost played - WITHOUT POSTING THE REPLAY FILE. There's not a lick of constructive criticism. You say what is bad, but not how or why or place anything in context.

Panzer Support Doctrine - Everything cOsTs SO mAnY PoInTs! wHy?!

1) What's wrong? Do you feel like anything useful costs too much points? Other doctrines can get their useful abilities sooner? PS Doc unlocks aren't useful enough for the amount of CP to unlock them?
2) Panther G MG does 0 damage - did you look this up in corsix? Or get mad that your Panther was getting stomped by AT inf/gun etc and the hull MG didn't instawipe everything. I can't tell if you had a bad game or if there is an actual problem with the Panther hull MG
3) This is not helpful at all - cool - you think the Brits are OP. But why?
4) Why is Hotchkiss shit? What ability is trash? How ass is it?
5) Sarcasm - as if the devs don't have a hard enough time trying to interpret gripes and complaints on the forum. Sometimes it's a language barrier. And you add a sarcasm barrier. Or an IQ barrier.
6) Ok - you think British 2 inch mortar is OP. Why? How? Did you look it up in corsix or get owned?
7) This gem tells me nothing other than that was a very useful, well-used mortar. Was it hard to kill? Is its range to high? What what what is it?

You want this game to be better yet you can't even provide any useful feedback other than "I AM ANGRY AND I HATE THE BRITS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Wald
Read first post for constructive feedback
Dankman is a good guy

User avatar
Walderschmidt
Posts: 629
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 12:42

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Walderschmidt »

Ok. My feedback on your constructive criticism.
It’s bad
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

User avatar
mofetagalactica
Posts: 656
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by mofetagalactica »

kwok wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 18:46
where_was_poppaswank.JPG

Just a joke.

But in all seriousness, we definitely know there's going to be balance issues with this release. The point of the release wasn't to get to a fully balanced state of the game otherwise the beta would be on hold for another full year.

BUT, even still to claim balance issues only one day into the release is a bit too short-sighted. The patch with CW updates have been in beta with testers for at least a couple months maybe even half a year now. I'd recommend keep playing and have a lot more games under your belt before we start going deep into balance discussions. Right now we're focusing on bug fixes over balance first.
The CW changes to cost and teching was added almost at the end of the beta updates, wich caught every tester by surprise and all said that something was off with it.

Most of the current problems are because axis tech ups fast and cheap, while both allies factions take a long time and their teching upgrades are pricey.
Im not saying that axis should be nerfed but, allies teching should really really be looked and revised properly (once you fix this you will stop having big balance problems).

Diablo
Posts: 116
Joined: 02 Mar 2017, 22:40

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Diablo »

Would having truck upgrades help?

Like you take 25 fuel from the Support Truck cost and make it into a Support Truck Upgrade (STU). So getting the truck costs 40 fuel instead of 65, but to unlock its full potential you need (besides Captain) to invest the other 25 fuel in the STU. Same with Armor Truck, 55 fuel to get it and another 35 to have access to everything (Command Tank need aswell)

This might smoothen the teching curve to more gradual ascent.

User avatar
Walderschmidt
Posts: 629
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 12:42

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Walderschmidt »

Diablo wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 10:12
Would having truck upgrades help?

Like you take 25 fuel from the Support Truck cost and make it into a Support Truck Upgrade (STU). So getting the truck costs 40 fuel instead of 65, but to unlock its full potential you need (besides Captain) to invest the other 25 fuel in the STU. Same with Armor Truck, 55 fuel to get it and another 35 to have access to everything (Command Tank need aswell)

This might smoothen the teching curve to more gradual ascent.
Actually, I think this would help.

The fuel changes to Brits were brought to bear because thier tech cost was drastically lower to Axis and therefore much faster, especially with their tech structure rework.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3217
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by MarKr »

mofetagalactica wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 08:58
The CW changes to cost and teching was added almost at the end of the beta updates, wich caught every tester by surprise and all said that something was off with it.
The fuel costs for Brit teching were added at the end of April, so 5-ish months ago. The change was made because before that, Brits could always tech up faster than Axis. After this change people still complained that Brits could tech up faster, thus the fuel costs were returned to LT and Cpt (in June). There haven't been much complaints about CW teching too fast or too slow since then (I think there were about 2 people who mentioned something about it but by far not as many as before).

If it is still wonky, we can have a look at it but it would be good to have more feedback from people.
Image

User avatar
mofetagalactica
Posts: 656
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by mofetagalactica »

MarKr wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:08
mofetagalactica wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 08:58
The CW changes to cost and teching was added almost at the end of the beta updates, wich caught every tester by surprise and all said that something was off with it.
The fuel costs for Brit teching were added at the end of April, so 5-ish months ago. The change was made because before that, Brits could always tech up faster than Axis. After this change people still complained that Brits could tech up faster, thus the fuel costs were returned to LT and Cpt (in June). There haven't been much complaints about CW teching too fast or too slow since then (I think there were about 2 people who mentioned something about it but by far not as many as before).

If it is still wonky, we can have a look at it but it would be good to have more feedback from people.
If you not get feedback about it, its because CW slow ass teching is not being noticeable on 3v3 to 4v4 maps with huge amount of res.

User avatar
Henny
Posts: 135
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 04:30

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Henny »

I rescind all my latest comments.

Axis still reigns supreme !

We shall usher in the new era of the Blitzkrieg Doctrine meta.

Good to see the mod live up to its name.

Image
Dankman is a good guy

User avatar
CGarr
Posts: 417
Joined: 16 Apr 2018, 21:39

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by CGarr »

Honestly its not that bad, dude. Some of the allied docs just still have some catching up to do in terms of stat changes on 76mm guns and fixes to the teching speed. Said changes have been discussed here on the forum for months, I'm guessing the devs were more focused on just getting the beta to live with the structural changes first before fine tuning the balance. I'm guessing it's also likely skewed in favor of Axis for the release because a massive portion of the community is wehraboo Axis mains (as with any WW2 game) and they don't want to hear people screaming and crying about the beta being bad because allies were "buffed too much". As such they will probably iron out these issues in upcoming balance patches since they fully acknowledge that the beta was released in a somewhat unbalanced state. I think the balance is also skewed more towards 1v1's and 2v2's, larger games are much harder to balance and our community isn't all that big anyways.

If you're judging based on that 4v4 we played yesterday, axis stomped the hell out of allies because the allied team was trying (unsuccessfully) to camp it out instead of pushing. I was solo mid for a good chunk of the game as propaganda doc, they could have easily run me over with inf. I was floating a ton saving for a Tiger Ace since I saw them building emplacements and figured they would be passive, but they decided to just sit there, presumably because their mid player(s) were new or distracted. This was well before a panther hit the field. As for the corners, it took us a long ass time to make any progress and I assume the allied team probably would've faired better with more armor doc players since half our team went blitz, but they wanted to camp. They also didn't arty us as much as they probably could have, considering how much time they had to set up guns behind their little maginot line. I only got hit by 3 barrages even though my unit comp was almost entirely inf and support weapons until I got the tiger ace.

User avatar
Michael_Z_Freeman
Posts: 58
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 16:37

Re: New Patch Constructive Feedback

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

At first I thought "Oh my God what have they done?" but then realised I just needed to get used to the new "style". One thing is I think some of the "unfair" ability of some armies gave them their own personality of sorts. I didn't have a problem with the Axis sometimes seeming to be much more powerful early on. This made me think very carefully about building anti tank units and protecting the base early. However I'm not an online player and only play with the AI (before anyone asks, no I won't play online, happy as I am!) so if the new balance helps online play with human opponents then I support it.

Post Reply