How far are long, medium and short ranges?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
winterflaw

How far are long, medium and short ranges?

Post by winterflaw »

When I equip PE assault grens, two of the weapons available are the Gr43 and the MP44.

Gr43 is for long range, MP44 is for medium and short range.

When I'm looking at the map, how far *are* these ranges?

Redgaarden

Re: How far are long, medium and short ranges?

Post by Redgaarden »

Dont think here is a real reason to get g43. They do more damage than the KAR, but the KAR has more accuracy.
MP44 are still quite good at long range.

But to answer your question. Close range is 0-15 Units, Medium is 15-30, Long range is 30-45? and distant range is 45-60?
Think it was these values, not entirely sure. But my rule of thumb is. It's never close range, until they touch eachother.

But I do not reccommend getting anything but he mp44. In some circumstances, MG42.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

Redgaarden wrote:But to answer your question. Close range is 0-15 Units, Medium is 15-30, Long range is 30-45? and distant range is 45-60?

Thankyou, and that's interesting, and gives a sense of proportion between each range, but - I still have no idea what that *actually* means, in terms of looking at the map.

How long is say a Tiger tank, in terms of units?

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

60 units is when the infantry start shooting. Tiger has a range of 75 I believe. The tiger is like, 8 units long? dont know how long unit is myself. but alot of recon units have a detection range of 15 (Captain, M20. Recon, Jeep) Not Leuitenant though. So you could use that to measure close range. Or just use the Infantry max range, and try to determine from that.

I think someone should take over from me to try and explain. I haven't been on the map generator so I dont actually know how long a unit is. Or if Vehicles even have square hitboxes, or if ranges have been changed from vcoh.

Why do you need this info anyway? are you asking what Ranges are? How accuracy, cooldowns and reloads are affected by ranges?

The gist is
Accuaracy, gets higher the closer target is. SMG get really accurate (90% hit chance close range) Bolt actions are semi accurate close range (65%)

Cooldowns, the closer the target is the faster the gun fires,

Reloads, closer the enemy longer the reload. (They panic I guess?)

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

Redgaarden wrote:60 units is when the infantry start shooting.

Thankyou. That's enough I think to understand the other ranges.

but alot of recon units have a detection range of 15 (Captain, M20. Recon, Jeep) Not Leuitenant though.

If 60 is when infantry start shooting, it cannot be units have a detection range of 15 - they would ba able to see almost nothing. Do you mean 150? but that seems too much.

Why do you need this info anyway? are you asking what Ranges are? How accuracy, cooldowns and reloads are affected by ranges?

It's in the OP :-) I'm thinking about whether to choose mp44 or gr43 for PE assault grenadiers.

The gist is
Accuaracy, gets higher the closer target is. SMG get really accurate (90% hit chance close range) Bolt actions are semi accurate close range (65%)

That's interesting, and it makes sense - so bolt actions are less accurate at close ranges.

Cooldowns, the closer the target is the faster the gun fires,

Reloads, closer the enemy longer the reload. (They panic I guess?)

Okay, that makes *no* sense to me whatsoever, I mean if we're talking tanks for example.

Is that really true?

Viper

Post by Viper »

Redgaarden wrote:Tiger has a range of 75 I believe.

tiger tank has just 65 range. pershing too. and super pershing has 70 range.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

What short and long range is is very different from weapon to weapon..

I give an example for rifles:

From short to long:

15/25/35/48.... Translated it means from 0-15 is short range, 15 to 25 mid range, 25 to 35 is long range, 35-48 distant and beyond that to 60 range (max shooting range) the value keeps the same. That means from 0-48 is a continues drop in performance (most importantly accuracy and pen in terms of tank combat). From 48 onwards it all stays the same.

Example for tank gun:

Sherman but also many other medium tanks:

10/25/40/55 (max range is 60).

Others have different values like for example the 17 pdr gun:
20/35/50/60 and max range is 75.

So you would have to look into every weapon to see how the ranges are set exactly.

15 range is the range of allied grenades, 25 that of axis, 45 range is the range of hendheld AT weapons like zooks and schrecks, 60 range is some kind of standard range for many many weapons, 65 is the range for tiger/Panther, 70 for KT and Jagdpanther etc, 75 is AT gun range, 80 is the range of many emplaced AT guns, 85 i think was the range of the 88 flak, 120 that of 105 artillery sherman and so on.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

If 60 is when infantry start shooting, it cannot be units have a detection range of 15 - they would ba able to see almost nothing. Do you mean 150? but that seems too much.

Vision range and detection range are different. Alot of units in this game can camoflauge and is a big thing in this mod. Detection range is the range how the ycan find invisible units. Vision range is how much fog of war they remove.

That's interesting, and it makes sense - so bolt actions are less accurate at close ranges.

Bolt actions get a smaller bonus compared to smg at close range. Bolt actiosn ahve 65% close range accuracy and 35 Long range Accuracy while SMGS have a 90% close range accuracy and a 4% accuracy long range (Doesn't make them bad at long range except: Thompsons, Sten)

Okay, that makes *no* sense to me whatsoever, I mean if we're talking tanks for example.

Is that really true?

Tanks have 1 round in their cannon and dont get affected by range that much, so the fire rate of the tank is how fast it can reload, 5-7 secs for most tanks?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Bolt actions have often 45-40% accuracy at max range. 35% is for the Volksgrens bolt action. Others like pios or so have even less accuracy with bolts.
And rangers with semi have also 40% accuracy bc they are elite units.

The 5 sec reload for tanks got removed (Elephant, Tank IV´s, Jagdpanther etc had this fast reload). Its no usually 7 sec or more.

TD´s like Nashorn, Jackson or M10/18 have a faster reload though compared to their tanky "gun-brothers".
Build more AA Walderschmidt