Last (old) BK version from Xalibur?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Blitzkriegrekrut

Last (old) BK version from Xalibur?

Post by Blitzkriegrekrut »

Hello,
I can not make friends with the new version since the disappearance of Xalibur. So I wanted to ask what the last version of Xalibur was BEFORE the first community patch appeared or BEFORE the new team got to work.
Google Search has some results on older BK versions, but I can not remember. I mean it was 4.XXX.
greetings

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Last (old) BK version from Xalibur?

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Buy the game, stop using warez and cheatcodes with the old COH & bk version, the original game cost peanuts, less than $10, wtf?

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

You entirely misunderstood him. He clearly has the original coh, he wrote himself that he tried the newest version. He wants the old one because he doesn't like the work of the "wolf" team and wants to play some Xalibur nostalgia.

Jeez read with your eyes, not butt.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

yeah right, it must be my butt then, asking for a xxx older patch/game is 99.9% because the dudes don't want to buy the cheapest game ever, its starting to be R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S. , im not saying its his case, but very strangely, recently a lot of "specialized" forums exploded because tons of dudes can't play anymore COH/ BK with their usual warez/cheatcodes/cracks because of the recent Steam update, so please, im no fool, and you're not in position to be his mum either.

On a personal note, we don't support warez, cracks or anything related to game piracy, we also don't brake our ballz working and improving Bk to come back giving a 8 years old Bk version to support that piracy BS...sorry but no.

1-You bought the game but you don't like the latest bk version? well we're sorry for you.
2-You didn't buy the game because you're too cheap to spend few bucks and your patch/crack don't work anymore? well @#<U!(illicit)

Blitzkriegrekrut

WTF, man?! I just ask for the last BK-Version number before community patches came.
Why I want that, let me be my concern.
Anyway, I do not use crack / cheat shit, I have COH Steam and DVD version.

SnowLeo

Post by SnowLeo »

Yeah. A lot of player wanna play to old version, but you mean thisi s mistakу why He wrote right its he concern. i too wanna play to old version because i dont like curent work this is my opinion too... why not ? you dont see fact and try say what old - bad - new good... and yes i dont use cheeat and other @warez@

Blitzkriegrekrut

So, what is the last version number from xali?
This from 2014?
https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/compan ... 0-complete

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

You can see that there is the "Community patch" stamp on it so that means it is Wolf's patch. I really don't know because I wasn't here back then but I think last Xali's release was somewhere around 4.6.x.x

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I found that for you

https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/compan ... -open-beta

IIRC 4.64 was for sure old school bk, but I think transition was around 4.70 - 4.71. So this one is probably what you wish.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

4.7 Beta was xalis last patch iirc.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

The notion that people who don't use the Steam version are all cheap, pirates and cheaters is plain ignorance.

I use the old "Legacy" (Retail/DVD/Relic) 2.602 version of CoH because:

1. It has offline LAN support, I can play with friends in the same room without worrying about sync issues or pointlessly transferring packets out through the internet.

2. I won't run Steam if I don't have to, even if I have a solid online connection. Steam often needs to update and while almost everyone I know already has CoH in their library - they don't necessarily have it downloaded and installed. So the simplest solution is: Don't use Steam.

It's also often presumed that Legacy CoH only works with an appropriately old version of Blitzkrieg, but in actuality the latest version of the mod works fine on 2.602. All you need to do is copy over the latest Blitzkrieg files from the Steam version, which I try to share in the ModDB comments since the devs went all-in on Steam updates.

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

Well, to be fair, there ARE a lot of people playing illicit copies of the game still, and for a while that was the MAIN reason people wouldn't use steam - so this general suspicion has quite clear origins.

However, from a developer point of view, not supporting an ancient version has much more practical reasons as well.

The mod is distributed via steam and is designed to work with the latest version of the game available on steam, so if people play old versions of the mod or put the current version of BK on an old version of CoH is in all cases an untested configuration. If something doesn't work, these people might still come asking for help, either here or in the steam forums, and figuring out what exactly went wrong can be tricky even for proper installs because there are so many different systems out there that people play on.

Having mixed/matched software installations makes that even more difficult to figure out so we flat out tell people to go buy the game and use the most current version, because that is what we tested as working.

I can recognize the desire to play on LAN, I also sympathize with having bad internet because we have players from all over the world and not all countries have proper infrastructure; however, since we have to standardize on something and the majority does not have those problems, we go with the most convenient option.
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams