Win 10 and Dx12 issue

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Rolf Steiner

Win 10 and Dx12 issue

Post by Rolf Steiner »

I have problem running CoH properly on windows 10. I can't downgrade direct x on the lower version and I think there is the problem.
I have direct X 12. Any solution?

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Win 10 and Dx12 issue

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hey, I think u made a mistake.. this is the technical support section for CoH2 while u r supposed to post it in the one that belongs to CoH1 :P

Anyway, try this one:
Go to your "RelicCOH.exe" file located inside your CoH Relaunch, in ur Steam folder.
Right click and choose properties, then choose "compatibility" tab and then "disable full screen optimization" bracket.

Let me know if this would fix the issue, regards ;)

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

Rolf Steiner wrote:I have problem running CoH properly on windows 10. I can't downgrade direct x on the lower version and I think there is the problem.

What exactly is your issue?
Does the game run at all?
If not, you might need to install DX9 manually, although Steam should have done that when you first installed CoH (you can have that in addition to DX12). You can simply Google that and install it by hand.

If yes,is it simply bad performance?
In that case, try Tiger's suggestion or play around with your settings. If that doesn't help, try updating your GPU drivers. If you still have issues, please give us more Info about your System, as I can't guess a specific cause unless I know what kind of hardware is involved.
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Kr0noZ wrote:
Rolf Steiner wrote:I have problem running CoH properly on windows 10. I can't downgrade direct x on the lower version and I think there is the problem.

What exactly is your issue?
Does the game run at all?
If not, you might need to install DX9 manually, although Steam should have done that when you first installed CoH (you can have that in addition to DX12). You can simply Google that and install it by hand.

If yes,is it simply bad performance?
In that case, try Tiger's suggestion or play around with your settings. If that doesn't help, try updating your GPU drivers. If you still have issues, please give us more Info about your System, as I can't guess a specific cause unless I know what kind of hardware is involved.

Yo, he actually re-posted this on the CoH1 technical support section.. he even e-mailed me before that too :P Anyways, his issue was solved.

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

Alright then, in this case:
/locked
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams