Einheiten bewegen sich erst nach Minuten im MP

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Mabo

Einheiten bewegen sich erst nach Minuten im MP

Post by Mabo »

Hallo Freunde,
ich weiss dass einige von euch deutsch sprechen und mir vielleicht sogar weiter helfen können.
Problem: Im Multiplayer Spiel gegen CPU auf Karten die grösser als Mittel sind kommt es fast immer zu einer Art Lagg. Kein wirklicher lag der vom Internet zu kommen scheint sondern eher eine total verzögerte Reaktion meiner Einheiten. Ich befehlige eine Einheit die sich aber dann erst nach Sekunden bis hin zu mehreren Minuten in gang setzt. Beim Kumpel läuft aber alles gut.
Früher hatten wir nie Probleme. Selbst mit meinem alten, langsameren Rechner. Im oktober 2015 etwa haben wir festgestellt dass da etwas nicht Stimmt. Mein Kumpel schnauzt mich an warum ich denn nicht mit Kämpfe. Dabei waren auf meinem Bildschirm seine Panzer aufgerieben. Wir hatten in diesem Fall quasi zwei verschiedene Games gespielt. Es fühlte sich an als wenn in diesem Fall das Spiel aufgehört hätte zu Syncronisieren. Da liefen meine Einheiten allerdings noch alle Flüssig und gut. Nur mittlerweile ist es so dass wir zwar nicht mehr "verschiedene" Games spielen aber meine Einheiten ebend nicht dann Reagieren wenn ich den Befehl gebe. Manchmal sind es nur Sekunden aber im Spielverlauf erhöht sich die Zeit bis auf mehr als 10 Minuten. Das ist natürlich nicht Spielbar. Wir haben beide schon neu Installiert, die Router neugestarten und alles was man sonst im Akuten Fall tun kann. Ich habe von früheren Steam Freunden das gleiche Problem gehört. Wir spielen Blitzkrieg 4.8.8.0. Meine Grafik steht grösstenteils auf LOW und ich nutze keine HD Texturen. Hoffe ich hab keine Infos vergessen.

System: Windows 10 64bit
Prozessor: AMD FX 8120 ACHT KERNE @ 3,9 GHz
Grafik : ATI RAdeon 5700
Ram : 8 Gig DDR 3
Direct X: 11.2
Sound: Onboard Realtek HD Sound
Internet: Vodafone DSL 50.000

Wenn da einer eine Lösung hätte dem wäre ich auf ewig dankbar. Euer Mabo

Warhawks97

Re: Einheiten bewegen sich erst nach Minuten im MP

Post by Warhawks97 »

I do speak german but answer in english.

The problem is know and its a steam problem. Its a so called desync. Back in the days we got sync error and game was over. Nowaday we get desyncs and players start playing "their own games". Just its up to the players if they still play the same game or not.

Also the 10 min delay happens. But that was right after the sync error got removed. Usually we end up in normal desyncs. Either your mate behaves suddenly like a bot or you just see the units your mate produces but they do nothing at all (in your game).

Its nothing BK related actually.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Mabo wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:I do speak german but answer in english.

The problem is know and its a steam problem. Its a so called desync. Back in the days we got sync error and game was over. Nowaday we get desyncs and players start playing "their own games". Just its up to the players if they still play the same game or not.

Also the 10 min delay happens. But that was right after the sync error got removed. Usually we end up in normal desyncs. Either your mate behaves suddenly like a bot or you just see the units your mate produces but they do nothing at all (in your game).

Its nothing BK related actually.

Ok, intresting. you think we better start a LAN game with hamachi or Tunggle? Without Steam.Is possible to start COH without steam? Maybe in startoption -nosteam ??? thx

Uhm, idk to be honest. Never tested it. But actually i dont have many issues. There are some "certain" players that cause such desyncs and lags more often as others.

A mate from chile had to stop playing BK games (with us) as he always caused a fail launch. The players got into game but it didnt really started and nobody could move a unit. The res income did work but that was all.

I am playing 4 vs 4 etc with players arround the world and usually it works fine. If anything then its a player who loses the connection (and who games simply ends). Sometimes it helps to have someone else hosting.

Mabo

Post by Mabo »

We both host the games. Sometimes he sometimes me. But its the same. BTW i cant find a LAN button. I remeber that in the older version of Blitzkrieg or coh that there was an Lan button. Does the old COH version in my Steam List not the (NEW STEAM VERSION) works with Blitzkrieg 4880??? In the old version is a possibility to have the Lan button. I will download and try.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

You may can try to install the old relic version and also manually install BK into that one. It might work for lan then but i cant tell for sure.

Mabo

Post by Mabo »

damn, where can i find the old 3.11 version of BK?? the old coh has a lan button. but the new BK version dont works. he ask for checking CD. Now we want to play the old 3.11 version. its also the ebst version ever :-)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Its not old or new bk version. You just need the old coh version (the one before steam) and then try to manually install the new BK version there. Just by changing the install path

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

This is very interesting. I think you gave the definitive answer for this post:http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=750 and my last observations.

And how do you reinstall the old coh version? You need the cd? The old coh version will only allow to play LAN or also through internet?

Thanks

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Kasbah wrote:This is very interesting. I think you gave the definitive answer for this post:http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=750 and my last observations.

And how do you reinstall the old coh version? You need the cd? The old coh version will only allow to play LAN or also through internet?

Thanks

For the old COH version you'll ned a CD.
The old version went through the Relic servers, after they were shut down steam servers took their place.

So you need a non-steam CoH Version (basically any DVD of this game) and then you install any BK version you want. As the old CoH will try to contact Relic servers you'll need a tunnel egine like Hamachi and play via LAN.

This should solve the issue actually.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Thank you very much. I still the have the dvd's but I wonder if I can update Vcoh to the latest version.
Also, I have the old version installed in my old computer, do you know if I can do like a "copy paste" on my new one?
I will try anyway!
thx!

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Kasbah wrote:Also, I have the old version installed in my old computer, do you know if I can do like a "copy paste" on my new one?

For some games it works, for some not.

I don't know if it works for CoH though, you'll need to test it ;)

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Guess I don't have any other solution because even with the DVD's game won't be updated to the latest version as Relic servers are down.
I will give it a try, thanks!

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Kasbah wrote:Guess I don't have any other solution because even with the DVD's game won't be updated to the latest version as Relic servers are down.
I will give it a try, thanks!

Maybe there are still some hosters for the patches online, but afaik you don't need them for BK, or am I wrong here?

Otherwise I can look if I still have them on my external HDD and send them to you via PM.

Tor

Post by Tor »

2 days ago i have 4 games and all with desync.
In last month i have 10-15 desync games, last year have less desync games than this month.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Thanks a lot Butterkeks, I try and get in touch with you if I need.
And I'm pretty sure I will need COH updated to the latest version, otherwise BK won't work.