What is the Heavy Waffen SS unit called in Corsix?

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
hoyschel

What is the Heavy Waffen SS unit called in Corsix?

Post by hoyschel »

Hello,

I have recently jumped into the modding scene and have started to change the statistics of various units around, this is a load of fun and I'm loving it. How ever, I can't seem to find the Heavy Waffen SS unit from the Panzer Elite faction. I know that the Haupsturmfuehrer calls the unit into the game and I found his ability_06 to be abilities\squad_submenue.lua though I can't find any unit that is even remotely close to that name.

Any help is very much appreciated, this Blitzkrieg mod is amazing fun to work with.

hoyschel

Re: What is the Heavy Waffen SS unit called in Corsix?

Post by hoyschel »

I have found it, for those who are wondering, it is not in the ebps folder it is in the sbps folder:

sbps > races > axis_panzer_elite > soldiers > panzer_grenadier_swss_squad.rgd

Although I am still stuck on changing their health...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK, few hints:
folder "sbps" contains SQUADS (riflemen, tommies, Volks...you name it)
folder "ebps" contains ENTITIES (individual soldiers = soldiers that are in specific squads)
That means that you can have squad which consists of different entities e.g.: 1x Ranger, 1x Lieutenant, 1x Stormtrooper, 2x Folks and 1x KCH - this is not present in the mod but it is possible (just an example).
HPs can be set for each entity individually in its file.

I know that the Haupsturmfuehrer calls the unit into the game and I found his ability_06 to be abilities\squad_submenue.lua
That is not the call-in ability, this one is the button that "swaps" the ability sets for some units. "ability_x" (x = a number) doesn't say where in the unit's UI the ability is placed. Placement of an ability is set individually for each ability in its .rgd file.

I cannot explain to you everything I know because it would be many pages of text and it would take me lot of time which I don't have, however search the internet for basics of Corsix modding - the information is out there.
relic news forums is a good place to start ;)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

All units are in spbs and ebps. spbs are the squads (for tanks you find upgrades there etc)

Just open with corsix the normal archive and archivepatch. Things you cant find in archievepatch are then in the archive. Things of the archivepatch are "higher ranked" so the game looks first what is written there before it uses stats of the normal archive.

1. Check PE building Kampgruppenkompanie in ebps PE building folder
2. Ceck the spawner there and the squad table. You can find this: "sbps\races\axis_panzer_elite\soldiers\hauptsturmfuehrer_squad.lua"
3. check the sbps folder for that squad. There you see squad abilties but the call in isnt there. So you check this: squad_loadout_ext -> unit_list -> unit_01 -> type. There is this: "ebps\races\axis_panzer_elite\soldiers\hauptsturmfuehrer.lua"
4. Check the ebps PE solider folder for that name and check the ability list. There you will see this as ability 1: "abilities\panzer_elite_stormtrooper_ability.lua"
5. Check the huge ability folder for that ability. If you find it check the abilties action list. There check out the four subfolders (end/start self/target action). In "start_target_actions" -> action1 you find a squad table: "sbps\races\axis_panzer_elite\soldiers\panzer_grenadier_swss_squad.lua"
6. Go spbs PE solider folder then and search for it. in spbs you find the upgrades for units (in this case stgs, lmg42,schreck), the veteran steps and squad abilties like the camo and sprints etc, capture speed and so on. If you want to see their basic equipement you have to check out the unit loadout again:
- "ebps\races\axis\soldiers\stormtrooper_grenadier_g43.lua"
- "ebps\races\axis\soldiers\stormtrooper_grenadier_leader_wss.lua"
- "ebps\races\axis\soldiers\stormtrooper_grenadier4.lua "
In this case the squad has 3 different "units". As you might know the squad spawns with unscoped G43, one K98 sniper and one guy with stg. Find them all in ebps. Note, its in axis folder, not axis PE. Sometimes you find PE stuff in axis folder or US stuff in cw etc. Thats sometimes the case with weapons and tank weapons (like many axis tanks use same guns so they are listed just once either in axis or Axis PE.
7. If you find them you can see stuff like health and cost of one single soldier. For example the Grenadier with G_43 has 95 HP. In the combat folder-> Hardpoints you can also find the weapon this guy is using. Some abilties can be found is ebps folder. In "type_ext" you can see which target type it is: "type_target_weapon\tp_infantry.lua". This is important when you check a weapons efficency against that type. Most weapons do not have any penalties against tp_infantry. But MG´s have often penalties against the tp_solider that is used by PEgrens for example.

And its usually always the same. You start with building, check spawner, go spbs, check what it is called in ebps, ebps tells you which weapon is being used etc and then go to the weapon folder.

I hope i could help here.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 29 Dec 2015, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

hoyschel

Post by hoyschel »

Wow thank you guys so much for the very informative reply, I now understand the squad/entity structure! thanks so much!

Edit: I have found and made the changes I wanted. You guys explained it with much clarity which is something that rarely happens when it comes to modding games, thank you again you don't know how much I appreciate your help!