Games Vs CPU start lagging after a while

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Omar Little

Games Vs CPU start lagging after a while

Post by Omar Little »

I've come across some other users with similar issues
Most of us seem to face this problem in large maps Vs CPU opponents.
This doesn't happen all the time
actually you might be able to play the same map fine and then replay it exactly the same way on the same systems with the same teammates and experience tremendous lag
The problem initially starts with reduced fps and a small delay in registering the commands>actually executing them
and gradually worsens until the game becomes completely unplayable
It does not affect one system in particular but it usually appears to only one of the participants
In round one it may be system A that experiences the lag and in round 2 another one.
Its definitely not overheating/overclocking/drivers related issue
as all systems are up to date (hardware and software) and handle all other games, apps and stress tools with no problem whatsoever.

has anyone stumbled upon something similar to this?

horodlbrodl

Re: Games Vs CPU start lagging after a while

Post by horodlbrodl »

I had the same problem only it was specifically ME and not anyone in the group I play with. Found out it depended mainly on the map. There are few custom maps well enough built for the AI to find its pathways without sucking out all life of your hardware. Original maps from Vanilla CoH work fine but only few custom maps.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Extra large vs AI maps are simply unplayable for me after 5 minutes in mid settings. Doesn't make any difference if there is or there isn't popcap (125-225-250) and doesn't matter if we plat 3vs4, 2vs4 or 2vs3. However it's not that bad if my mate(s) and I are using the same internet connection, directly connected to the router with the cable. With Wifi, generally everything gets worse.

Large maps are playable if they don't have too many resources and with 250 popcap. 3vs3 is good. If they have many resources and there is no popcap, lag.

All other maps are fine.

And obviously your components. Laptops perform way worse than equal, or even poorer PC's. I've seen brand new core 5 with good graphic cards lagging in low settings, but not an old core duo with hd 5500 graphics in mid...

And I didn't noticed if Vanilla maps work worse than Custom one's but horodlbrodl is probably right. I will check

calste63

Post by calste63 »

I experienced lag problems in my 2vs2 and 3vs3 games against AI ending up with me and my friends playing different games. I noticed this problem only after 4.9.3 patch, not before.
Hope there will be a future patch to fix this, it's a big problem and it's taking away all the fun of coop games... :cry:

donfuego

Post by donfuego »

I'm experiencing the same problem as of the 4.9.3 patch. The problem kicked in after playing three or four matches. Overall the game feels is super laggy and unresponsive. I get the feeling that the 3D acceleration is not kicking in cause graphics look odd and washed out too. Changing the graphic details doesnt help. Vanilla CoH works fine.

Windows 7
Macbook Pro 2011
16 GB RAM
1 GB Radeon HD6750
2.2 GHz Quad Core i7

"Steam New Version"

sandman332

Post by sandman332 »

Same issue, mostly play against CPU. VCoh I have no issue, wish devs would look into this.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

coh dev dont care about such old game. For BK not sure solo game is a priority.

Usually rich map cause more prb than poor one, an large more than little. It s obvious the more units are ingame the more lags you will suffer.

Coh is not optimized for modern computer. A mod like BK is not optimized for large scale battles, it s primary a PVP mod.

The only simple way I know is to reduce graphic to minimum except the one in the lower left corner, perhaps models détails in English. this last one allows to see units even unzoom is at max. Of course prefere lan to wan if possible and let the powerfullest computer be the host.

Like the number of units in game is a determinant factor for lags, compstom campers are vulnerable to lags.

donfuego

Post by donfuego »

I forgot to say; I'm experiencing this in MP! It's laggy vs CPU too, but this problem exists in multi player as well.

Changing graphics doesn't do any difference at all.

It almost appears to me that the 3D acceleration is disabled. Perhaps that's the root of the problem...

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

The problem can only come from:

1: Sega
2: new versions of BK

I play this mod with the same computer and the same settigns since early 2010. I never had any problem and I was able to play Rhine unlimited popcap with mates with the same computer they have. Today our connection is even better but we can't even play Rhine on low settings with 150 popcap without lag. So it's one or another.