Can't load save game and crash at the end of the game

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
jeepeez07

Can't load save game and crash at the end of the game

Post by jeepeez07 »

I have two problems :
-an ancient one (few months) : when I end a game and I quit, the game freezes and I have to restart my computer.
- a new one : the loading of saved games doesn't work. It takes me back to the main menu.
Thanks for your support.
Jean Philippe.

Armynator

Re: Can't load save game and crash at the end of the game

Post by Armynator »

Hey, what exactly do you mean with saved games? Replays or campaign? Or simple AI matches?

When you end the game, does nothing work anymore? Can you still start the task manager, or even better, cmd.exe?
If this happens, try to press windows button + R and enter 'taskmgr.exe', maybe you can start it.

Check this path: C:\Users\USERS\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch
There you can find an error log. Try to set the playback folder read-only there, maybe it prevents the game from crashing.

jeepeez07

Post by jeepeez07 »

I mean when I ty to load a saved game (skirmish) it takes me back to the main menu. I played yesterday and made few saves.I can't understand.
Thanks for your help.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

It's probably because those save games are from a previous game version and you are trying to play it on a newer version of the game. It happened to me too. You gotta have the same version to replay the game as I saw it, but could be a solution there.