Help with the Mod( I'm new)

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
McCracker42o

Help with the Mod( I'm new)

Post by McCracker42o »

Hey guys I have joined the forums today and got a very quick question. I have been recommended here to check out the forum and the mods. Here is the question.

I have Company of Heroes 1.71 and I am not sure If it is steam or not. I don't see any steam mentioned in the game. I have heard If you have "My games" folder in my documents then It is steam. But not sure, is that true? I installed the game from a CD. So should It be steam or it can be any version? My game is Opposing Fronts.

Now a few more questions.

1): If I install 4.8.6.0 full version which is 1.7GB, will It work with current game patch that I have?

2:) Currently my game works fine with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 64mb dedicated, So If i install this patch will need a graphic upgrade?

3:) Do I have to install all of the Blitzkrieg patches from the beginning in order for the latest one to work or I just can pick any patches and install it?

4:) Please don't tell me to have COH 2.101 and above coz If I patch the game It will ask me for validation and I can't do that coz It' just keeps giving failed validation error.

5:) Will certain trainers work after installing this patch?

Skipping the trainer part I just want to have this mod and play with friends in a LAN network. Looked at the pics of this mod.. seems nice.

Please respond since I am really interested in installing this mod. And heard It's the best COH mod out there.

Thank You

Warhawks97

Re: Help with the Mod( I'm new)

Post by Warhawks97 »

Do you have steam? You need to go to steam and choose "add new steam product". Then Use your Key and Steam will bring your game to the latest version. Which BK version you need is exactly described. Here is a 4.8.6 full version: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=343

Then install 4.8.8 on top of it.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=400

BK mod generally requires a better Hardware than vcoh. When i could play vcoh at max settings, i still had to play BK mod on lowest settings.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

Ok thanks I'll try that.

For the BK mod version I meant was that, If I want to use this mod do I have to install this mod from the EARLIEST version all the way to the latest one or I can pick any version and install it.

what is your graphic card like?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

i had one week ago the Readon HD 6850. It worked well so far without any trouble. Now i have the R9 270x.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

Thanks for the kind reply, but my question has not been answered yet.

My question is " In order to use BK mod do I need to install the BK patches from the earliest to the latest? Or I can just pop on to the latest version without installing the older ones. Same as COH patches, you need to install the patches from the 1st to the latest.

AND Do I HAVE to have steam for BK to work?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

McCracker42o wrote:Thanks for the kind reply, but my question has not been answered yet.

My question is " In order to use BK mod do I need to install the BK patches from the earliest to the latest? Or I can just pop on to the latest version without installing the older ones. Same as COH patches, you need to install the patches from the 1st to the latest.

AND Do I HAVE to have steam for BK to work?

Wolf wrote:New players can also use full version download (no need to install 4.8.0.0 before), be warned, its quite big (1.7 GB), if you already had 4.8.0.0 or higher, you don't need this:
Full 4.8.6.0 installation - Mediafire | MODDB | RapidGator

Install this, then 4.8.8 on top of this.

The servers running on steam, so yeah, i think you should have steam in order to play online with mates.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

Thank you. Sorry I'm a noob here lol.. one last questioon.. If I want to play by myself do I then need steam again? no multiplayer just campaigns and skirmish singleplayer.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Warhawks97 wrote:Now i have the R9 270x.

Brother from another mother! :D

Skirmish works also with steam. Campaign actually too, but if you started BK mod and now start a campaign the game will crash.
So both work in steam, but for campaign you have to play vCoh, not BK ;)

You actually don't need to have Steam in order to play offline. But it's way easier to just do everything over steam^^

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

so skirmish single player CAN be played withOUT steam on bk mod... will I be able to do skirmish on local wifi with someone else who has the BK mod also?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hey, you don't need steam version to play BK. I have a steam version and also a non-steam version where I test changes etc.

I am not sure but I think you need the latest patch to correctly run BK because it works with some changes that these patches brought :/.
If I want to play by myself do I then need steam again? no multiplayer just campaigns and skirmish singleplayer.
BK is not optimalized for campaigns. You can start them but there are some changes (units, upgrades...moved from building to building etc.) which make many of the campaign missions unable to beat.
If you have a non-steam version (which I think you do, and on top of that a pirate version - it is just a suspicion based on this:
4:) Please don't tell me to have COH 2.101 and above coz If I patch the game It will ask me for validation and I can't do that coz It' just keeps giving failed validation error.
you cannot play against people on steam but you should be able to play over local network (LAN) with your friends. But ofcourse skirmishes should work too.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

So I downloaded the 4.8.6.0 patch.....1st I changed the installation directory to my COH folder and then opened the launcher after installation and then it said patching then I opened COH and nothing was changed. the taskbar was a bit changed in contrast only.. and when a map is loading some chart appears on top of the game with "key" written on it along with numbers.. so i removed the mod and i installed in the default installation directory which is the steam folder that the setup had selected and this is what I get after i install 4.8.6.0 and 4.8.8.0

http://prntscr.com/80pypq

So what should I do?

I have NO other mods from anyone else installed. I have my COH already patched to 1.71 BEFORE installation of this mod.

please help

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I guess the error means tht you've installed the mod into a wrong file since "RelicCOH.exe" is the launch icon of the vCOH.

Your non-steam version is installed in "drive:\.....\THQ\Company of Heroes" here are these:

Code: Select all

-------files-----
CoH
DLC1
DLC2
DLC3
Engine
MilesEdit
RelicDownloader
RelicOnline
validators
WorldBuilder
WW2
------ others----
Archive
atimgupd.dll
BugSplat.dll
(and so on)
But after instalation of the mod in this folder should be one more folder called "Blitzkrieg", in it should be:
Archives
Locale

If it is not like this, then you have installed it wrong.

And again:
I am not sure but I think you need the latest patch to correctly run BK because it works with some changes that these patches brought :/.
By "latest patch" I mean 2.101.

Also in the screenshot you have ticked "HD infantry and ground textures". If you run on "Intel HD Graphics 4000 64mb dedicated" these HD textures will drastically lower the framerate - it is recommended to have at least 1GB dedicated video memory for these textures (iirc).

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

So I need COH 2.101 for this to work? If so then I can't do that since I will be needed to validate the product. I have the CD and the serial number that I used to install the game but it just didn't work. Just kept saying failed validation.

And as i mentioned I have installed BK in the default COH installation location... but nothing showed up. just the same coh as it was. and yes there was the blitzkrieg with locale and archive folder in it too.

For the validation issue, do you have anything to like skip the error? or the product HAS to be purchased?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

So I need COH 2.101 for this to work?
As I said, I'm not completely sure but I think you do. It might be possible to run the mod without the patch but it is very likely it won't work correctly then.

And as i mentioned I have installed BK in the default COH installation location... but nothing showed up. just the same coh as it was. and yes there was the blitzkrieg with locale and archive folder in it too.
The default directory is something like "Companyof Heroes Relaunch" but that does not apply for non-steam version. Go to the directoy where you have the game installed and find the "relaunch" folder. Cut everything from there and paste it into the CoH folder - the one where are all the folders I mentioned aboved (there is also the vCoH launch icon there).

For the validation issue, do you have anything to like skip the error?
You are asking for crack which is something that cannot be discussed here. Sure, there are ways to make the illegal copies work but are you really so badly out of money? I mean during sales you can buy CoH with both Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor expansions for as little as about 4 or 5 Euro...you spend more money in pub during one night :roll: .

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

Tried it, failed again.. doesn't work.. probably the 2.101... gonna play the old coh... thanks for helps... bye forums :)