Performance drop with BKMOD

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
jaggardos

Performance drop with BKMOD

Post by jaggardos »

Vanilla I get 100-130fps at the very beginning of a game

BKMOD I get 60-70fps at the beginning, dropping to 20-40 within 5 mins and going to around 10 when lots of action is going on.

This is with and without the HD textures on.

Is this typical of BKMOD? Or is there a fix I can do?
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Wolf
Administrator

Re: Performance drop with BKMOD

Post by Wolf »

I'd say its typical in some times, is it vs AI or vs real opponents? Especially big maps with AI tend to drop FPS a lot.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Wolf wrote:I'd say its typical in some times, is it vs AI or vs real opponents? Especially big maps with AI tend to drop FPS a lot.

Yea it can do this even to the beastiest of computers. I have titan x, intel 980, 12g ram, liquid cooling, yet ill still noticed performance drop. In most cases, its the limitations of the game engine in combination with this mod.
But theres another thing! What are your graphic settings?? If you have ultra shader settings on then i bet you if you take them off you will noticed a tremendous boost in your fps. Ultra shader settings and bk are kindaa... ehhh buggy together. Try leaving your shader setting to juat high and let me know your results

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Ya, absolutely nothing should be ever set to the maximum value except the model detail bar option.. of which is actually the responsible one for the unit models not to get disappeared from a further camera view!

On CoH2... The similar option to this one is there called the 'image quality' if not mistaken.

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

Try turning off particles/weather and shadows, works for almost any game :P

sandman332

Post by sandman332 »

Hate to necro this, but just wanted to say I have the exact issue on a 980 TI. Running it via direct x 9 (not 10 because of the performance drops) with settings ranging from high all the way to low and even off. I get about 100 fps at the beginning then about 10 minutes in I get 25-45 fps the rest of the game. NEVER had this issue with the vanila version of the game so yea.

Michael_Z_Freeman

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

Yes, I get the same thing. Turning down shaders and so forth does help. I was also playing on a large map with 3 x AI + me. I should probably limit myself to smaller maps with just me and one AI team. I'll try that and see how it goes. One thing I noticed is that when I had my framerate high the vehicles and soldiers would seem to move at a low framerate ... like the skipping and disjointed behaviour that you get in low ping MP internet games. But this was not an online game, it was only me and the AI and I don't get it in Vanilla COH skirmish. Could do with some optimisation ? If its peculiarities of BK then fine because its amazing anyway ;) .

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

That sounds a bit like this old 'getting up with other players' problem, only had it sometimes in multiplayer so I don't know how it looks in singleplayer.
You could try to run it with additional startup parameters, use #1 from here and add some parameters: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=784

-refresh xx (IE: -refresh 60) sets the game fps rate
-novsync - disables vsync
-notriplebuffer - disables tripple buffering
-nolitter - used with DX10 and removes the "litter" objects that busy up the world

It's just an idea, I didn't tested it yet.