blitzkrieg mod not recognised by steam

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
capt.scptt

blitzkrieg mod not recognised by steam

Post by capt.scptt »

hi. all im still having problems trying to launch bk mod via steam, i followed a fellow members imput. i.e. added game via steam. and still shows up has a non recognised c of product. my lad installed ww1 mod from steam ever since. bk mod not recognised. strange.

Wolf
Administrator

Re: blitzkrieg mod not recognised by steam

Post by Wolf »

That ww1 mod is the main problem and one of the reasons why BK never went to steam.
Uninstall that mod, if that doesnt help, find CoH relaunch folder in your user/Documents/My games folder. Delete it (it also deletes your saves, replays, settings, maybe some maps, so watch out! if you want to keep them, backup first).

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I have the same problem. Tried installing the EaW mod via steam, that turned out ok. But, when I tried to start BK as I normally do, I get the "game is not being run as a known steam product" error. I've uninstalled BK and VCOH, reinstalled both, and still have issues. I've deleted the EAW mod, did the same process of uninstall -> install without EaW (wasn't even that great), delete documents file, and still have the same problem. Any suggestions?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Try running vCoH (steam new) and then bk again..

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Naa wolf, you all got it wrong. See, according to my calculations when the equation F (x)= kwok is brought into play and you plug in You Suck At BK for the function of x. Then we get the equation F (x) = Kwok You Suck At BK. Omg im a fuckin genius

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

BrAvoOo!
Attachments
Not bad.jpg
Not bad.jpg (17.45 KiB) Viewed 2947 times

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Tried that, still doesn't work.

And lick my dick shadow.

haha, shadow, we should probably explain for the mods that we're just messing with each other. i hardly post of forums. it'd be a shame that i get kicked for this one time i post on forums.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

kwok wrote:haha, shadow, we should probably explain for the mods that we're just messing with each other. i hardly post of forums. it'd be a shame that i get kicked for this one time i post on forums.

Dear Devs,
Me n Kwok = BFFs

Anyways bro u gotta check out forums more freq. And comment on topic by warhawks titled something like "this pvp man.." something like that. Theres small discussion about the big and small maps difference and how it effects it to an extent. Theyll say 3v3s vs 1v1s but it also relates to size of map.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

So, I reinstalled a 3rd time. it works. I guess 3rd time is the charm?
I guess "solved".

And all right all right. I hear so much from everyone to tell me to go to forums. But, honestly? I think the game is fine as long as people play on the large maps. So, whining to devs won't solve that problem. If anything, I would come to forums to commend devs for not being pushovers to all the whiners here.

Thanks for the years of fun devs!

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

Last time someone had this problem we fixed it via TeamViewer:

Create a shortcut to steam.exe and add the run params: -applaunch 228200 -mod Blitzkrieg -nomovies -dev
Better described here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/314420/d ... 809874785/

If anyone in future get this problem, this should fix it. At least worked for us.
EaW Steam version broke it for us too btw

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

That info is outdated, -dev is missing, I discussed it here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/342370/di ... 1436993878