Crashing when trying to save a skirmish

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
PanzerAce501

Crashing when trying to save a skirmish

Post by PanzerAce501 »

Hi all

Since the major update 5.2.0, the game has suddenly started crashing whenever I try to save a Skirmish match (playing against AI only, if that matters). I don't know if this problem existed before then, as I was playing Skirmishes from start to finish in one session. When it crashes, it's not a complete crash - my laptop is still on, and the background music from the game is still playing normally, but I cannot exit from the game to the desktop, and have to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete to open the shortcut menu to get the Task Manager to open, and then once I do that, there's another issue: the game crash overrides my ability to use the cursor, as the in-game cursor doesn't switch back to the regular one. Clicking using the cursor does nothing anywhere - I cannot open/close/refresh any programs (Chrome, Edge, Task Manager - nothing), open any menus, click on any of the Taskbar icons, click on any of my charms, or scroll through the Task Manager to force close BK Mod. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to the shortcut menu and shut the computer down to solve the problem.

PanzerAce501

Re: Crashing when trying to save a skirmish

Post by PanzerAce501 »

EDIT 1: the problem has something to do with BK Mod, as I was able to open the vanilla game and save a Skirmish no problem.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I would say it is something on your side. I am able to save skirmish games and then load them with no problem.
Since I cannot replicate this issue, it is unlikely I'll be able to find some solution.

PanzerAce501

Post by PanzerAce501 »

MarKr wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 16:23
I would say it is something on your side. I am able to save skirmish games and then load them with no problem.
Since I cannot replicate this issue, it is unlikely I'll be able to find some solution.
Yes I figured it would likely be. I just wanted to put the question out there before I try the only fix I can think of - a full purge of all BK files on my laptop, and then a clean reinstall.

PanzerAce501

Post by PanzerAce501 »

EDIT 2: Deleted BK Mod and purged all files. Reinstalled from scratch, played a Skirmish, was able to save. Must have been a corrupt file somewhere, even though a file check via Steam came back A-OK.