COH version to Blitzkrieg version Compatability

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
UPTREE_NINJA

COH version to Blitzkrieg version Compatability

Post by UPTREE_NINJA »

Online forums suggest that BLITZKRIEG is the best overall mod for COH 1.
I have COH 1 CD version 1.0

I am updating COH v1.0 to v2.602 or v2.7 level.
Does Blitzkrieg 4.8.6 run on COH v2.602 or v2.7 ? 0r both?
Is Blitzkrieg 4.8.6 the latest mod ?

I have found that THE PATCHES SCROLLS is the easiest site to download COH 1 patches from, it has a separate list of V 1.0 to V 2.7.
Except the v1.4 to v1.5 patch (1.38 gig ) is going to take 5 HOURS (omg) to download, ( this is probably due to my local internet connection which is famously slow ) . ( I am in an isolated area of Australia).

Could you advise me which latest Blitzkrieg mod Version, will run on which latest COH patch version ?

If the answer is V 2.602 and I already have patched to 2.7 is it possible to ''roll-back'' or remove 2.7 ? I am a noob at this stuff .

After COH is updated to the required patch, can I just ''bang-on'' the latest Blitzkrieg version , or do I have to follow a path of version updates for Blitzkrieg as well ?
Can you tell me what that Blitzkrieg version update path would be ?
And which site could I download these updates from ?

STEAM versions of COH have been mentioned in my forum searches.
I have a STEAM account , but my COH 1 game is not registered on STEAM I think ( I don't know how to check this )
I am not too computer literate, and I am TERRIFIED at having to add another STEAM step to my patching and modding efforts, as I already feel that I am on the edge of a cliff looking down , with regards to my computer abilities.

I will only be playing against AI for the foreseeable future, as I am not experienced in this game yet .

Apart from that, ....... everything is good, ....... . everything is fine, what could possibly go wrong ?
I am thinking , in my more positive moments !

Wolf
Administrator

Re: COH version to Blitzkrieg version Compatability

Post by Wolf »

If you don't have Company of Heroes (new steam version) on steam, just add it by putting your CD-KEY for CoH into steam (from the menu - Games / Activate a Product on steam). Then install the Company of Heroes (new steam version). After that you just need Full version of Blitzkrieg mod and Mappack. No patch needed at the moment. You can find links here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2

Anargy

Post by Anargy »

Wolf wrote:If you don't have Company of Heroes (new steam version) on steam, just add it by putting your CD-KEY for CoH into steam (from the menu - Games / Activate a Product on steam). Then install the Company of Heroes (new steam version). After that you just need Full version of Blitzkrieg mod and Mappack. No patch needed at the moment. You can find links here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2

What do you mean? Do I put the cd-key on the box of disc version of the game in the Steam activate product? Since I have the original game too (non-steam) and wish to like to play the mod too.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Anargy wrote:
Wolf wrote:If you don't have Company of Heroes (new steam version) on steam, just add it by putting your CD-KEY for CoH into steam (from the menu - Games / Activate a Product on steam). Then install the Company of Heroes (new steam version). After that you just need Full version of Blitzkrieg mod and Mappack. No patch needed at the moment. You can find links here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2

What do you mean? Do I put the cd-key on the box of disc version of the game in the Steam activate product? Since I have the original game too (non-steam) and wish to like to play the mod too.

That's exactly how you do you it.
Relic servers were shut down some years ago, so Steam overtook it.