Game crashing after start

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Renne03

Game crashing after start

Post by Renne03 »

Hi, i have just installed the mod, but it keeps crashing after executing the launcher, the game don't even start, it shows up the Relic Crash Report, "A problem has been encountered and the program needs to close." I play other mods without any problems. Also, i have searched the forum but couldn't find nothing similar. I'm still using the Windows XP sp3, maybe that's the cause? The mod supports XP? Thanks.

Ordonat

Re: Game crashing after start

Post by Ordonat »

Friend,Admins will explain better that situation,but my opinion, that problem about new framework...Many times my game crashed..i deleted al bk mode and all configurations.Again installed now its working...But for xp3,i dont know if it works.. btw you should update your gpu driver and and you need 3,5 and 4 NET framework...

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

You can try to install this - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17851

I highly recommend to upgrade your OS/hardware if you are still using XP. BK however might work even on XP.

Renne03

Post by Renne03 »

I already have framework 3.0 and 4.0 installed! I used to run old version of blitzkrieg with no problems on this computer, but i think it's the OS and maybe RAM that's causing the problem... Anyway, thanks for the answers.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

So what keeps crashing? Running the launcher OR running the game after clicking run in the launcher?

Renne03

Post by Renne03 »

Wolf wrote:So what keeps crashing? Running the launcher OR running the game after clicking run in the launcher?

The launcher runs fine, but when i click to run the game it don't even start, instead, Relic Crash Report shows up. I have tried to run without the launcher, using a shortcut to reliccoh.exe, and without the hd texture packs options on the launcher. Maybe it's the RAM? I have only 2gb.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

vCoH works for you? Even if it was not enough RAM, it should not crash on the start.

Renne03

Post by Renne03 »

Wolf wrote:vCoH works for you? Even if it was not enough RAM, it should not crash on the start.

Yes, i play it with all graphics set to max with no problems, just a little lag when there is a bunch of units and action on the screen, also i play other mods, battle of the bulge lags on the last version, but i always played it in the past without trouble, back to basics also works here, the last version of europe at war crashes on every map when it's loading a game...

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Which version do you have? Did you have any errors during installation?

Renne03

Post by Renne03 »

Wolf wrote:Which version do you have? Did you have any errors during installation?

My CoH version is the last one from steam, and the mod i downloaded from moddb, the last version from march 7, i installed the mappack too. I don't think i had any errors during installation, anyway i'll try to install it again. I didn't even bother to reinstall it because europe at war was crashing too so i thought it was some hardware or OS compability problem...

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Well if vCoH works, I don't see why BK should not... did you install the 1918 mod ? It seems like it causes problems with other mods.

Renne03

Post by Renne03 »

Wolf wrote:Well if vCoH works, I don't see why BK should not... did you install the 1918 mod ? It seems like it causes problems with other mods.

Nope, i'll try reinstall bk and remove all other mods from the coh main folder and then i'll try to run it again...