Game crashes upon startup with GTX 1080! (Read)

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Solling

Game crashes upon startup with GTX 1080! (Read)

Post by Solling »

Hi guys!

I have a big problem. Whenever I install a driver for my Geforce GTX 1080 CoH (and CoH BK) just crashes right after the start. The screen just goes black and my PC freezes shortly after. Then the game crashes and I am back to dekstop. I am using 2 screens.

I can reinstall an older version from like before 01.06.2018, but currently I am playing games which need the newest patch. I cant do this anylonger.
So... I tried everything this post said: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=784 doesnt work.

I tried putting graphics down and deactivating fullscreen optimization.
I reinstalled the entire game and steam, didnt do shit.
I checked files several times.
I can deactivate / uninstall geforce experience and just use the driver, doesnt work.
I get no error message. I am very certain this has nothing to do with viruses or similar.

What to do now?

Thanks in advance!

Solling

Re: Game crashes upon startup with GTX 1080! (Read)

Post by Solling »

Can someone help me?

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

All that comes to my mind is: have u tried to run it witb old direct x? You have 2 of them to choose in settings, try the older one. I don't know if it helps anyhow :(

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is hard to tell what is wrong here. If you followed all those steps and the problem is still there then I am out of ideas. I have GTX 1060 in my PC and the game runs without any problems so maybe it is something specificly connected to the new drivers for 1080 cards?

Solling

Post by Solling »

MarKr wrote:... something specificly connected to the new drivers for 1080 cards?

Yes, I think thats the case. I just dont know what!!

Solling

Post by Solling »

The New BK Champion wrote:t witb old direct x? You have 2 of them to choose in settings, try the older one. I :(

Where can I choose anything in the settings? BTW I manged to start it by deleting the TEMP folder and Mygames Folder and restarting.

But its extremly laggy. Once I go in a match the game crashes.

I cant see where I could change to another directX

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Solling wrote:Yes, I think thats the case. I just dont know what!!
If it really is some problem with the drivers, I'm affraid that we will not be able to solve it. I would recommend using older drivers but if you cannot do it, then there's nothing we can do, sorry.