I think I know why it's crashing, or maybe not....

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Can't Install

I think I know why it's crashing, or maybe not....

Post by Can't Install »

To start off, the only way to get the mod to start is to change the launch options in Steam on the CoH: New Steam Version. Even then, I don't get the historical add-on that I downloaded and the game also crashes after a couple minutes into the game, sometimes just as the map is finished loading. I am using mod version 4.8.5.0. When I try to run the mod by itself (through the launcher) it tells me that I'm trying to run an unknown Company of Heroes product and that I should try running the game through Steam, which is why I alter the launch options of Coh: NSV in my Steam library. I figure the error I get when trying to play (the picture I posted with this) may be caused by the reliccoh.exe the mod is using. I say this because there is another, reliccoho.exe that actually looks like it is the correct file because it lists information about the file. The first one, reliccoh.exe only tells me what that error tells me in the description of itself. I don't want to try anything drastic in fear of f'ing everything else up. If you need anymore information, feel free to ask. I love the few minutes of playing I get to enjoy with this mod, haha, and want to continue the fun. Thanks for all the hard work put into it and please get back to me when you can.

Thanks!!
Attachments
I get another error message before this one that only says "error", nothing else
I get another error message before this one that only says "error", nothing else
2nd error message.png (22.2 KiB) Viewed 2712 times

Can't Install

Re: I think I know why it's crashing, or maybe not....

Post by Can't Install »

I figured it out, I've played 2 full games using "-mod blitzkrieg of -nomovies" as my launch options for my Company of Heroes (New Steam Version). I still can't figure out how to add the historical add-on for this mod but that's just extra fluff, at least I can play the mod!!

lava1709

Re: I think I know why it's crashing, or maybe not....

Post by lava1709 »

I have that same issue, i play the game by editing the launch options on the CoH NSV with the following command { -dev -mod Blitzkrieg }, the game boots up fine, but when i attempt to load most maps, the game crashes half way through loading, but if the map DOES load, about 30 mins into the game, a couple graphical glitches happen, and a few seconds later my game crashes. (also keep in mind, when the game crashes, the game basicly freezes on my screen, audio stops, and i hear a windows notification sound, when i close the frozen game, a pop up windows say 'error' thats it) i have NO idea wat the issue is, does the mod not agree with the computer i play it on? is there a bug in the mod? the world may never know :(