[Version 5.1.2 Steam Release] Game Freeze during Startup at Main Menu

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Henny

[Version 5.1.2 Steam Release] Game Freeze during Startup at Main Menu

Post by Henny »

Whenever I seem to start up the mod through steam it immediately freezes and won't leave the main menu for a good 15 minutes. It used to work before, now I'm not sure why it doesn't work.
Dankman is a good guy

NakedViking

Re: [Version 5.1.2 Steam Release] Game Freeze during Startup at Main Menu

Post by NakedViking »

I think I have the same issue. It freezes as soon as it hits the menu screen and I've tried all three launch options.

Henny

Post by Henny »

NakedViking wrote:I think I have the same issue. It freezes as soon as it hits the menu screen and I've tried all three launch options.

Yes, this is exactly the problem that I have been having.
Dankman is a good guy

Henny

Post by Henny »

After speaking with wolf, this might be a problem associated with the recent windows update. It freezes on the loading screen (with the jagdpanther or king tiger sometimes) when it is about 90% finished loading, so I alt tab out. When I select the tab again it is at the main menu but it is frozen, but sound is still playing.
Dankman is a good guy

Henny

Post by Henny »

Just fixed it ! If anyone else is having the same problem, go to your COH folder, right click RELICCOH.exe, go to compatibility, and click the "Disable fullscreen optimization option".
Dankman is a good guy