BK 5.0 launch only starts the "normal" game

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Rummel

BK 5.0 launch only starts the "normal" game

Post by Rummel »

Hi there,

I am coming to you with a request for help.

I recently bought Company of Heroes (Legacy Edition) in the last Steam-Sale (Fall 2017). Also, I downloaded the Blitzkrieg 5.0.0 Mod File from moddb (The 1,95 GB Blitzkrieg_5.0.0_Full one). I ran installed it ran it, fixed some stuff, deactivated windows defender, browser the forum but to no avail.

My problem is the following:
I can run CoH without a problem, i can install BK 5.0, everything is where it should be.
Only, when i start the Mod it launches the unmodded "normal" CoH. It even shows the loadscreen of BK (the one with the tank) after the Relic intro, but then opens to the "normal" CoH.

I have run out of ideas or even guesses, so if anyone could have an idea how to resolve this, I would be very grateful.

Greetings

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Re: BK 5.0 launch only starts the "normal" game

Post by Kr0noZ »

Well, the problem is that you bought the Legacy Edition, which is the old, no longer supported variant of CoH. The mod doesn't run on that.
Read this article for more information: http://steamcommunity.com/games/228200/ ... 4825946447

Bottom Line, the game you want is this one: http://store.steampowered.com/app/22820 ... of_Heroes/

You should, however, also have the new version in your library, it's just a matter of installing that and you'll be able to play.
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Actually, I have to say that both Sega & Relic does a very dirty trick when it comes to buying CoH1 by the way.

- If you buy Legacy Edition, you only get the Normandy campaign and US & WH factions for skirmish and multiplayer, everything else is locked...

- And if you buy Opposing Fronts, you get the 2nd and the 3rd campaigns (Panzer Elite and British campaigns) and of course both PE and CW will be available for skirmish and multiplayer. Everything else is locked though, including US and WH factions!

And now THIS:
- If you get Tales of Valor, all 4 factions will be a available for skirmish and multiplayer along side the last 3 campaigns (Tiger ACE campaign, etc) as well as "Operations: Stonewall, Panzerkrieg, Assault" but they don't work with BK anyway.
However, the first 3 campaings for US, CW and PE will be locked...

So, obviously... For anyone who doesn't care about the single player campaign missions, then Tales of Valor should be always the best choice.
Nonetheless, most people have no idea about which unlocks what. Therefore in most cases, people who don't know, would always do this mistake and waste their money on buying either the Legacy or Opposing Fronts, or later even both of them when they realize that they must be purchased together in order to have all 4 factions. While in fact.. only Tales of Valor would be enough for multiplayer and Bk Mod...

It's a "dirty" trick so people would be confused and end up buying all the 3 copies! Although they only need one, which is ToV of course.

As for myself, I don't have Tales Of Valor by the way.. but my brother has it. The version I have however, is called "CoH Gold Edition" which I was gifted by one of the Relic developers for FREE when I was 13 years old! Gold Edition is Legacy + Opposing Fronts. Gold Edition is also a very rare copy of the game and can't be purchased anywhere currently as far as I am concerned.

Rummel

Post by Rummel »

Well that was fast :D

Thanks for the clarification with regards to Legacy/Blitzkrieg.

If I am only interested in playing the Blitzkrieg mod in multiplayer with friends, but now that I already bought the legacy edition on steam:
Is there a way to salvage the situation and get BK running, or do I have to buy something else to run Bk on ?

Or can I get everything I need to run BK from within what I already have in the Legacy purchase ?

Again,

my gratitude in advance

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

As Kronoz wrote:
You should, however, also have the new version in your library, it's just a matter of installing that and you'll be able to play.
Look into your steam Library. You should have there "Company of Heroes - Legacy Edition" and also "Company of Heroes" - each installs separately. You need to install the second one and then on it install BK mod.

Krieger Blitzer

@Rummel
in short, you should have not purchased Legacy Edition, because this way you only have 2 available factions\armies out of total 4 factions in the game.
Now you can still play Bk Mod, but only 2 armies are available, the remaining 2 are locked.

If you would like to play Bk Mod with all 4 factions, you still need to buy Tales of Valor in order to be able to play Bk Mod with all 4 factions...

in all situations, u need "Company of Heroes" installed from your Steam library as MarKr said.. no need to install "Company of Heroes: Legacy Edition" or anything else. Even after you buy Tales of Valor, the only one that can access multiplayer now is "Company of Heroes" but without Tales of Valor in your library.. you will be able to play with only 2 factions as I already clarified.

Rummel

Post by Rummel »

Thanks a lot guys

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

Tiger1996 wrote:@Rummel
in short, you should have not purchased Legacy Edition, because this way you only have 2 available factions\armies out of total 4 factions in the game.
Now you can still play Bk Mod, but only 2 armies are available, the remaining 2 are locked.

Actually no, since he got what used to be the "new steam version" for free on top of the legacy edition he should have all the content as well if he installs that.
- Scott Adams

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm, I think you are wrong here ^^

If he buys CoH Legacy Edition, then he has CoH1 that has released in 2006. Plus the New Steam Version of course, which is now just called "Company of Heroes" and all that means he would have ONLY the US campaign "invasion of Normandy" + both US and WH factions available for skirmish and multiplayer. ALL other campaigns would be locked, as well as CW and PE for multiplayer and skirmish!

That's at least how it always used to be, unless Relic has changed something here, which I don't think they did.

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

As far as I know, the "new steam version" was the complete game.
So he should be fine.
- Scott Adams

Krieger Blitzer

New Steam Version is actually the online copy of the game, nothing more or less ^^

Proof:
I said I have CoH Gold Edition, which is (2006) CoH1 (US - WH) + CoH Opposing Fronts (CW + PE) didn't I?
Now, if you look into my game... I can't access any of the Tales of Valor content, no Tiger ACE campaign or the last 2 campaigns either. I also can't access Operations! Although I have the New Steam Version... It's because I have never purchased ToV.
Same goes for one of my friends who only bought Legacy Edition too, as he can't play with CW or PE ;)

in fact, I am pretty sure about what I am saying here... I have double checked ^^

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

Well, that's strange... then again, I can't give proof to the opposite because I actually have 2 full sets of CoH + expansions AND the new steam version :D
- Scott Adams