Unusual problem with Bk mod

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
JimQwilleran

Unusual problem with Bk mod

Post by JimQwilleran »

Hey guys!

During my adventure with Bk mod I have encountered a strange problem that is regularly coming back and ruining my games. The thing is that this is something nobody can understand via in-game chat, so I decided to ask for support here. I will try to make it clear.

1. I start a random multiplayer game. I can be PvP or PvAi...

2. Everything goes fine

3. Then happens the THING. The thing is a moment when something changes. All human player's units stop to move. But not literally freeze during a run, it's more like they stopped receiving any orders from players. They just stand there.

4. But I can play normally, so I just kill those idle units and win the game... But on the statistics it says that I lost the game... Now prepare for the best part...

5. I think that after the Thing happens there are some kind of 2 parallel games created inside that normal game. I play my game with idle enemy unis, and my enemy has the same situation. When I spoke to players on the other side, they had told me that my units are idle and I was letting them win.

6. During the Thing State units receive no orders, no arty call-ins, but strangely air strikes and call-in units works normally. Also the chat is works normally.

7. Anyway I am struggling to understand the Thing and the concept of two parallel games inside the one. And of course I tried to re-install the whole game, the mod. But it didn't work.

8. I tried to figure out if it is connection problem, but I had the same problem in two different places with different ISPs and internet speeds... Also the moment when the Thing happens is not showed in game as "waiting for player" or any apparent lag or freeze. That is why have been recently paranoid, asking people all the time "Are u attacking me right now?", "Did u see that u lost that Tiger"... freak...

I really need ur help or else I will not be able to play this mod anymore...

Warhawks97

Re: Unusual problem with Bk mod

Post by Warhawks97 »

we had those problems as well. Its kind of desync.

There are different types of it. Sometimes i just see how my mate builds units but which just stay arround the building where they got build from my point of view while my mate (or enemie) is playing his own game with those units.

Also sometimes one players is playing his own game while the rest are controled by bots and the rest keeps playing the normal game while the units of the dsynced player are controled by bot from their point of view.

Also issues are order delays or what happend to me that i lost controle about my units and they did what they want. Or sometimes following orders with like 10 seconds delay.

Reasons can be connection problems with other players, pc´s etc.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I am glad that someone else also knows the issue, but that it seems that a solution is still unknown... :(

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

@illa; I don't think that such a problem occurs only with u! This happened also several times with me... But hey, it's nothing about the Bk mod anyways.. this happens even through vCoH games too; I believe it's about the poor Relic servers.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Ok, but how to prevent it? I hate when this happens!

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I guess that sadly neither any is able to prevent it ^^ Try to just live with it :P

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

JimQwilleran wrote:Ok, but how to prevent it? I hate when this happens!

you cant prevent it. Idk what causes it. If you found out that it happend you can basically rehost the game.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

VanDestris

Post by VanDestris »

This happens to me all the time, and as Warhawks97 said, it comes in different forms. Sometimes I have a desync in a game where my friends are seeing completely different activity; or I'm in a game where they see events 30 seconds before I do. Lately all of my friends have been "chosen" to suffer one of these issues in our 3v3 games. It's unfortunate but I think the problem rests with the servers that support CoH right now.

It's always something with this game... isn't it?