Need Help with the Sturmtiger

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
hoyschel

Need Help with the Sturmtiger

Post by hoyschel »

Hello,

I've been on/off modding and testing things out in Blitzkrieg using the Corsix editor and have very rarely ever been truly stumped by an issue that I haven't been able to research/fiddle around until I've fixed it.

I am trying to make the Sturmtiger to be a buildable squad in the Panzer-Jager Kommand centre. I am clearly missing something though.

I have added the Sturmtiger to the squad table of the Panzer-Jager Kommand:

I have also removed the requirements so that I can make an infinite amount and require no research:

So far so good? logically this is how I have moved every vehicle around to be buildable. In the Panzer-Jager Kommand it is shown as this:

The icon is there (UI Group position 7), the description isn't entirely accurate but I can change that no problem. How ever when I click on the Sturmtiger icon no resources are used and nothing is produced. In effect it's a dead button. I have been scratching my brain out for the past few days with this issue. I have compared several vehicles and vehicle squads to the Sturmtiger and Sturmtiger squads to see if I have missed something but I can't see anywhere that should be causing this issue.

If I am able to fix this I'll post it here but until then I'm basically praying for your help in this matter!

Thank you.

Redgaarden

Re: Need Help with the Sturmtiger

Post by Redgaarden »

Maybe something about it being a call-in? I dont see how that is logical since you have added the unit itself and not the ability, into the panzer jeager. Maybe you have to fiddle around with how long it takes to build? set it to like 1. I'm no expert, but is the only thing I could think of in 1 minut.
Since it's a call-in it didn't have any files for constuction, so they are all missing?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

hoyschel

Post by hoyschel »

Redgaarden wrote:Maybe something about it being a call-in? I dont see how that is logical since you have added the unit itself and not the ability, into the panzer jeager. Maybe you have to fiddle around with how long it takes to build? set it to like 1. I'm no expert, but is the only thing I could think of in 1 minut.
Since it's a call-in it didn't have any files for constuction, so they are all missing?

Actually this may possibly be it. I'll report back as soon as I can. Thanks Redgaarden.

hoyschel

Post by hoyschel »

I changed the construction time to 1, nothing happens still unfortunately.

I'm not sure where I could find any other construction type files for the vehicles within Corsix? the only thing I can think of that is close is cost_ext.

Still no luck unfortunately.

hoyschel

Post by hoyschel »

I must say, I am at my wits end with this problem. I have never encountered a problem like this before and nothing seems to make headway. I have sunk many hours than I dare to admit focusing solely on this problem.

I'll keep checking this thread every day to see if there are any replies.

Thanks guys.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Try adding it to WM instead of PE.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I thought the same at first. But some units (eg stuart) use the same gun file. It doesnt matter if CW uses a weapon in US file or the other way arround so i thought it wouldnt matte here as well since the file path is correct.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

hoyschel

Post by hoyschel »

Wolf wrote:Try adding it to WM instead of PE.

Hello, I'll try that shortly. Thanks.

hoyschel

Post by hoyschel »

hmm. Didn't work, I added it to the VM Panzer Factory and it still has the same issue, it is there but it is dead button:

So I removed all the requirements for the sturmtiger_squad too so that it doesn't need any upgrades to be made.

Endro

Post by Endro »

i tested.

add in HQ and that's work.

but

I had already removed the "popcap"(cost_ext\time_cost\cost) in attrib\attrib\ebps\races\axis\vehicles\sturmtiger.rgd because not here that's need to be added. I tested with and that don't work ....

So the problem from that :)

hoyschel

Post by hoyschel »

endromede wrote:i tested.

add in HQ and that's work.

but

I had already removed the "popcap"(cost_ext\time_cost\cost) in attrib\attrib\ebps\races\axis\vehicles\sturmtiger.rgd because not here that's need to be added. I tested with and that don't work ....

So the problem from that :)

It works! Excellent it works!

Thank you so much, I removed the popcap and that was the problem! Thanks so much again!

My god I was stumped on this for ages! I tested it out, it fires properly, has sound, has everything. It works perfectly!

Very appreciative endromede!

Endro

Post by Endro »

You're welcome :)