Game replay mystery

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
idliketoplaybetter

Game replay mystery

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Hi

So i have recently experienced weird thing.Something happened to the replay, i had recorded from previous patch.
After patching to 4.9.8, i was wondering if it still possible to run it, since its a part of 4.9.7 and etc.So normally, its either non-playable or invisible records to me, game simply cant start it due to disparity of versions.However in this case, it was shown correctly and started as normal.But what i've seen later surprised me.

Chat and everything was ok, but on a screen, it looked like dsynch with only our(allie team) units moving, mostly chaoticaly.

So is it normal?is that what happen to an old replays every time and i was just unaware of that?

*and im sure that replay was fine before cause i watched it right before patching up.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Game replay mystery

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

So is it normal?is that what happen to an old replays every time and i was just unaware of that?

Yes.. exactly that's what happens with old replays.
If the replay is too old however, the game might also crash...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Replays uses datas from the patch they were recorded, if datas are differents, it crashes in some occasions.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Oh, i see now.Thanks for the responses, i should have posted that game before patch release :S
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

DolphinsAreGaySharks

Post by DolphinsAreGaySharks »

I would like to ask if there is any way to see old replays?
I have to download oldest patches to see them?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The replays are not a "video" but rather a recording of where units were moving and what accuracy, penetration HP rolls were made etc. and then the engine builds units and "recreates" the battle. That is why the older versions don't work - the stats are different and the rolls no longer match.
As for older replays - I think the only way is to apply the old patch and watch it under old patch.