[Solved] Loading crash with Wehrmacht and random crashes

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Franz93

[Solved] Loading crash with Wehrmacht and random crashes

Post by Franz93 »

Good day everyone,
whenever I try to run a skirmish vs. AI playing as or against the Wehrmacht, the loading screen freezes or crashes at approx. 65%, both disabling and using the customized army. I tried to play the other three factions with the identical game settings and everything goes well.
Sometimes I get the error (I translate from Italian): "Unable to create error log; verify if there is enough space in the TEMP folder"
With the vanilla version I haven't such problem.

System:
Xp Pro sp3
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E6550 2,33GHz
RAM 3,25GB

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
1024 MB

I tried to look for similar posts, but some are dead and others don't speak about this problem.

My game isn't modified and has been downloaded through Steam, along with the two expansions. I downloaded (twice) the 4.8 full mod and patched to 4.9.7, deleted and reinstalled the mod twice, verified the integrity of the cache through Steam, cleaned the registry with the latest Ccleaner version, renamed the "Company Of Heroes Relaunch" in the "My Games" folder.

I attach the warnings.log if it's needed.

Update: FIXED by lowering the graphical setting "Texture Quality" from "Ultra" to "High"; the texture errors formerly reported in the log now are disappeared; I guess the "Ultra" setting required too much memory. My game had crashed after some time, now it seems I can play an entire match.
Attachments
warnings.log
(34.89 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

MarKr
Team Member

Re: [Solved] Loading crash with Wehrmacht and random crashes

Post by MarKr »

I didn't realize this before but you write that you have Windows XP. Any of the "Ultra" settings in this game use DirectX10 and Windows XP uses DirectX 9.0c - DX10 was first added in Windows Vista which came after Windows XP. So Ultra settings on Windows XP will cause trouble for sure...but the game doesn't work correctly with Ultra setttings anyway and it is recommended to play on "high" settings even on the newest PCs.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: [Solved] Loading crash with Wehrmacht and random crashes

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Solved & Locked.