"Online multiplayer"

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
sale93

"Online multiplayer"

Post by sale93 »

Hi, i m Aleksandar , forum name sale93 . I m new here and i m interested in online playing with someone but i dont know how :P . Do i need some kind of platform or program for online playing and where can i find it ,and also where can i find other players :) . I often play with my best friend but trough LAN network ,never online because we dont know how exactly to do that . We both enjoy this game ans especially this mode so we are very interested to joyn you guys ,and we would be very happy if you help us to do that :) . I hope you understand what i asking because my english is little rusty ,by the way we are from Croatia :) . Thanks for your answer in advance . I m eager to play this great game online :) ,wish you all good :) ;)
STEAM name : sale936

MarKr
Team Member

Re: "Online multiplayer"

Post by MarKr »

Hello,

Well, if you bought a retail game (means you have CD/DVD with the game) then you can only play LAN because the original Relic servers don't work anymore. To play online you need to install Steam - find there Company of Heroes and you can enter the CD-key that you got with your game and you can download the steam version for free (it is same as Relic) and then you can play online. In case that you don't have CD key (you lost it or downloaded pirate copy from internet) then your chances to play online are minimal. But CoH (with Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor expansions) are often on sales where you can buy them all in one pack for about 5 Euro ;).

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

And additional question:
Is it possible to play CoH-multiplayer via Steam (and Blitzkrieg-mod of course), if you has:
1) only "Opposing Fronts"-key ?
2) only vCoH-key (without OP/ToV) ?

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

XAHTEP39 wrote:And additional question:
Is it possible to play CoH-multiplayer via Steam (and Blitzkrieg-mod of course), if you has:
1) only "Opposing Fronts"-key ?
2) only vCoH-key (without OP/ToV) ?

There is a site in a web that transforms old vCOH key or its standalone DLC into a new steam version key.
just enter the keys in a steam through Activate steam product button