Game crashes after quitting a match

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
mytishi359

Game crashes after quitting a match

Post by mytishi359 »

When playing 3v3 (filthy hoomans vs. mighty AI) match, after pressing "quit to menu" on final stats screen, the game crashes and creates constantly repeating VERY annoying sound, which could be fixed just by restarting the pc. I'm using Steam CoH version, and BKmod 4.9.5 installed. OS is Win10, pc specs are i5 2500k/8Gb RAM/GTX 760. Turning on/off HD textures and lowering graphics didnt help. Any suggestions ?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Game crashes after quitting a match

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Do you have the Steam COH? with the bk mod main game with the latest patch?

mytishi359

Post by mytishi359 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Do you have the Steam COH? with the bk mod main game with the latest patch?

I've mentioned it in the first post. Yes, it is Steam CoH, I've installed 4.8.6.0 full BKmod, then 4.9.5 patch, both downloaded from ModDB

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Try deleting the folder called "CoH Relaunch" found in "users\<username>\my documents\my games\" but keep in mind that doing this, will re-set all your game options.. as u will have to re-optimize everything after that.

mytishi359

Post by mytishi359 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Try deleting the folder called "CoH Relaunch" found in "users\<username>\my documents\my games\" but keep in mind that doing this, will re-set all your game options.. as u will have to re-optimize everything after that.

Thanks, that seems to be the solution in my case. Btw, other guys that were playing with me and expirienced same crashes now playing without them too after I fixed the trouble for me.

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

..or just try to go into your 'Documents' folder, and remove the temp.rec in this folder: ..\Documents\my games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback\

And see if it stops your crashes.
" No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country. " George S. Patton

kommandant4545

Post by kommandant4545 »

hi guys,
i got nearly the same problem, the game starts and runs fine. but after ending or quitting the game i get a crash report.
this is getting quite annoying because i need to delete the temp.rec file every time.
some ideas....?!
and yes i tried out the solution on top but afer a few games i had the next report....

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

You must be using some custom maps in "My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ww2\scenarios" which might be causing the issue, you may need to remove them.

kommandant4545

Post by kommandant4545 »

yes good idea, but i already did that, folder is empty...
i mentioned that problem in the steam bk-mod group a few months ago,
maybe in here someone has some other ideas :)
ps: i got the game installed correctly + latest patch 4.9.8

WendigoRus

Post by WendigoRus »

try 2 run application as administrator