Defense Doctrine Tanktraps

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
aokin

Defense Doctrine Tanktraps

Post by aokin »

how can i change the mod to be able to use tanktraps on the Axis side without using the Defense Doctrine? I'm having fun playing the mod with a friend
turtling against some expert bots yet i don't want to use the Defense Doctrine every time. I'm not going to play currently against players,just with 1 friend againt bots.

Jalis

Re: Defense Doctrine Tanktraps

Post by Jalis »

Severals days and no anwser ? ok.

Your answer first, then, why you had no answer yet.

What you want is possible only using modding Tools. It s unfriendly and complex task. Considere it is not possible unless you have plenty of time and lot of patience. Corisix mod Tools is the programm required to mod the game.

Now why you had no answer, nor even a welcome despite it is your first message. You are simply not welcome. BK is a pvp mod, and pvp players considere themself as an elite. You and your friend are in a an Under category called -- compstompers --

compstompers are despicables peoples, too stupid to hope to win a game against a true human. That why nobody took time to answer you.

Have a good day anyway, and dont panic. There are 7 billion peoples who consider themselves better than the others.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Oh comon Jalis, I would tell him how to do this if I knew. What, should I write a post like: "Hi, I don't know how to help you, but hi.."?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Everybody knew the answer. It is possible only by modding the game. Modding at coh is complex and tools are unfriendly. Perhaps some people could had forget mod Tools name is corsix, but that s all.

I let 3 days before answering, but from the start I suspected low chance for someone answer.

when a game allow both pvp and solo, superioty feeling from pvp is about systematic. It a thing I was speaking in a private msg recently. It was also underlined more recently in a forum post.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

An answer: "Get yourself corsix" is not an answer :/.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hello aokin, let me clarify some misinterpretations that were said here.

No, it is not true that we despite people who play against AI (as jalis said - compstompers). Yes, I know the answer and I think you could find several other people who know it too. However the people who know the answer know that saying "You need to download Corsix and make changes" will not help you and you will come back with question of "How do I do that in Corsix?". There are two ways to answer this:
1) You need to change requirements for tank traps.
2) (Write a detailed step-by-step guide of how to do what you want)
Option number 1) will again not help you because you will have more questions (where do I change it? In what file? Change it to what?). Option number two would take more than hour...maybe two to write it in such a detail that any person with no knowledge of Corsix modding would be able to follow it and really achieve the goal and I still think that at some point it would simply lead to a question "I did everything as you said and now I'm getting an error" and that would take again hours (and this is not exaggeration) to find the cause of the error.

So, nobody answered to you because people usually do not have the necessary time to help you - and jalis knows that too, that's why he said "you need to use Corsix" while he knew it will not help you at all.

So I am sorry if this is selfish of me but I will not write the guide for you because I don't have the time needed for it.
I don't want to discourage you because similar situation got me interested in modding the game but the truth is that what I know was mostly self-taught. I had two or three people who shared their knowledge with me and it helped a lot - jalis was one of them - but still, majority of my current knowledge came from learning by try-fail system which took more than two years.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

This guy hasn't been actually online ever since he wrote the first post xDD.

aokin

Post by aokin »

sorry for not responding to the replies, but i have been busy with the death of a family member ( my grandfather) for the time being. I am going to see if i can find a tutorial on how to do this using corsix.

thanks for anyone who replied.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Sorry for your loss mate, This site will close soon and be archived, it was one of the reference of coh modding, http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdispla ... -Tutorials , good luck.