Skirmish save game wont load then crashes (Fixed)

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
adam-ze-shooter

Skirmish save game wont load then crashes (Fixed)

Post by adam-ze-shooter »

Hi guys!

Just a quick issue and seeing if any one has the solution. I pretty much play just AI in skirmish mode but when i save the game if its a large level i go back to play it and during the loading screen it crashes? Does anyone know how the fix or if there is one? Sometimes it actually loads but about 90% it crashes while trying to load the level.

Cheers to anyone that can help

kwok
Team Member

Re: Skirmish save game wont load then crashes

Post by kwok »

Which maps? If you use custom maps there are problems just because of how maps are packed.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

adam-ze-shooter wrote:Hi guys!

Just a quick issue and seeing if any one has the solution. I pretty much play just AI in skirmish mode but when i save the game if its a large level i go back to play it and during the loading screen it crashes? Does anyone know how the fix or if there is one? Sometimes it actually loads but about 90% it crashes while trying to load the level.

Cheers to anyone that can help

Do you have the original game? did you download the correct updates? do you have enough video ram?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

It is a problem I had both with cd version (coh anthology) and steam version.

It affected both save and replay. Fact is it affected only SGA maps. The same map unpacked in sgb was elligible for save, and loading save was ok. Replay can also be watched.

adam-ze-shooter

It does it with vanilla maps and BK mod maps. Definitely got enough V ram. I have the original game and just got the beta 2 update. If I clear my log files then restart my PC sometimes it works first time but only sometimes. Any suggestions?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Try deleting your temp.rec replay before each time. It's in my documents/my games/coh relaunch/playbacks
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

And let us know if it works.

adam-ze-shooter

kwok wrote:Try deleting your temp.rec replay before each time. It's in my documents/my games/coh relaunch/playbacks

Hey bro! That seems to have done it !!! since doing that it has loaded every time with no worries. Cheers mate

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Fixed/Locked.