My MG42s look weird :\

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Red_Tempter

My MG42s look weird :\

Post by Red_Tempter »

All infantry MG42s are blue. They also seem to... just look different than vehicle MG42s. I searched the forum, but either I'm blind, or no one else has this issue. I took a bunch of screenshots, showing what I mean.

As you can see, the MG42 HMG is a dull blue color.
As you can see, the MG42 HMG is a dull blue color.

I have no idea why they're blue. Someone, please enlighten me.

Light MG42s are also blue, for whatever reason.
Light MG42s are also blue, for whatever reason.

This has been bothering me ever since I got this mod, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it on my own.

A comparison between the Light and heavy MG42s, showing that they're both plagued with the mysterious bluish color.
A comparison between the Light and heavy MG42s, showing that they're both plagued with the mysterious bluish color.

It kinda breaks the immersion, if you know what I mean.

As you can see, the Schwimmwagen's MG42 looks fine.
As you can see, the Schwimmwagen's MG42 looks fine.

The MG42s for vehicles all look normal, including tanks, halftracks, etc.

Not only are they different colors, but their holes(?) are also positioned differently.
Not only are they different colors, but their holes(?) are also positioned differently.

All of this goes for the Panzer Elite as well, by the way.

One more screenshot, showing the LMG along with the Schwimm's MG42.
One more screenshot, showing the LMG along with the Schwimm's MG42.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: My MG42s look weird :\

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The "blue" mg42 is a new model (the right Mg color will be in the next patch), much more realistic, the "square" one is the Vcoh one, also, looking at your screens, try moving your details cursor in your menu graphic settings to high, the physics and texture to high as well.

Red_Tempter

Post by Red_Tempter »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:The "blue" mg42 is a new model (the right Mg color will be in the next patch), much more realistic, the "square" one is the Vcoh one, also, looking at your screens, try moving your details cursor in your menu graphic settings to high, the physics and texture to high as well.

Thanks for the reply! Will said patch be available to 2.602? I don't have the steam version. And I'm on a very low-end sytem, which can barely run this mod as it is, let alone with details and texture set to high.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Well it will be for the steam version.

Red_Tempter

Post by Red_Tempter »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Well it will be for the steam version.

So I can't get that patch unless I get the Steam version? Then how can I fix it myself?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes indeed, get the steam version, its free if you have already bought the game.

Red_Tempter

Post by Red_Tempter »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Yes indeed, get the steam version, its free if you have already bought the game.

My internet is extremely slow and unreliable. I can't consistently connect to Steam to access any games. And my internet is so slow, I assume I can't play online without lagging badly (although I've never tried...)