RelicCoH.exe not found - What to do?

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Hetzerguy

RelicCoH.exe not found - What to do?

Post by Hetzerguy »

Hello guys

I just bougt CoH on steam and installed Blitzkrieg. I've played before, but not with the game installed via Steam.. And guess what, it causes me a little trouble. The game is (afaik) installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes" and Blitzkrieg is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch"

I tried reading a little here and there, and this seems to be the way to go.. What why doesn't it find the exe-file?

Best regards.. Was looking forward to playing tonight :-(

kwok
Team Member

Re: RelicCoH.exe not found - What to do?

Post by kwok »

The base game should be relaunch. You maybe need to reinstall base game. Relaunch is the new steam version
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Hetzerguy

Post by Hetzerguy »

Thank you. I had to install the new steam version and then it worked. :-)

11xforces

RelichCOH.exe Not Found

Post by 11xforces »

Hey guys, i read the other topic where this was covered, but i am trying to download the BK Mod and i downloaded the full version off of MODDB along with the necessary patches and it is still not working. I re-installed the full version and all the patches at least 5 times and they were all going into the correct folder program files(x86) steam and company of heroes relaunch folder. I'm at a loss :roll:

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: RelichCOH.exe Not Found

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Do you have the original game? i mean did you bought COH on steam? what kind of version?

11xforces

Post by 11xforces »

I just bought the version off of steam... i do not have a CD of COH.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

So if you have the Steam coh, it shouldn't be a problem to install Bk mod, the launcher is detecting your steam coh root directory and apply all the modifications, make a quick check in your game folder : Program Files(86)-Steam-SteamApps-Common-Company of heroes Relaunch-Blitzkrieg folder, if you have that Blitzkrieg folder, means its ok regarding the installation.

11xforces

Post by 11xforces »

i tried all of that numerous of times, i download the mod off of MODDB than went up the list downloading the patches in sequence and its still saying it can't locate the game....V4.8.6.0FULL than 4.8.X.X to 4.9.5 than the most recent one that came out 4.8.X.X to 4.9.6...it seems like there is a missing patch on the site?

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

check to insure that you installed it to the right place. If you have "steam" folder vs "steam library" folder path set during install and it went to the other

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

11xforces wrote:i tried all of that numerous of times, i download the mod off of MODDB than went up the list downloading the patches in sequence and its still saying it can't locate the game....V4.8.6.0FULL than 4.8.X.X to 4.9.5 than the most recent one that came out 4.8.X.X to 4.9.6...it seems like there is a missing patch on the site?

Relic coh exe? Are you sure you downloaded the correct coh version from steam in the right steam path? It should be coh relaunch from steam.

Did you checked folders as i told you? Program Files(86)-Steam-SteamApps-Common-Company of heroes Relaunch-Blitzkrieg folder? you also need only the full 4.8.6.0 bk mod + the latest patch v4.9.6 thats all, you can add the maps too on top of that.

11xforces

Post by 11xforces »

yes i downloaded COH Tales of Valor and it is in the right folder (Company of Heroes Relaunch) than Blitzkrieg folder.... i will try downloading the full mod and the latest patch and i will get back to you...

11xforces

Post by 11xforces »

yeah it is still not working...it keeps saying the mod needs to be in the root directory folder which is (company of heroes relaunch folder) but it is downloading in there which i do not understand....

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I recently had the same error message in the launcher window when I tried the afrika mod to blitz mod. I did not notice that the file path was for steam library instead of steam, did you confirm that?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Steamapps not steam library, im pretty sure your install is in the wrong place, make sure your game is installed like in the picture here.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

11xforces

Post by 11xforces »

yes thats exactly where the blitzkrieg mod goes and it still doesn't work!!! but there is no other folder in the company of heroes relaunch folder when i go to click on it.

11xforces

Post by 11xforces »

wait i found the problem you guys! for some reason steam has made like 2 different folders! i was wondering why there was no programs inside that company of heroes relaunch folder, for some reason steam made an extra one!

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

thank you, exactly what i said twice

11xforces

Post by 11xforces »

ofcourse there is a new problem now my BK mod isn't starting up when i click run the game.....im clicking on the blitzkrieg launcher in the main directory

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

re-install it and make sure the installation path is correct this time.

11xforces

Post by 11xforces »

ok guys i got it to work....sorry im a noob at this stuff... steam put its main folder on my desktop so i tried copying the entire folder and pasting it into my C-Drive because the path for downloading the mod and its patches wouldnt let me send the content to the desktop steam folder which was the main one.... so i had to copy and paste all of the blitzkrieg content and past it into the desktop main steam folder....

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

But why are you putting the coh folder into your desktop? You will go into serious troubles doing that, you need your steam company of heroes folder at the right place, and the right place is showed in my picture more up, in the steam "common" folder, you need that to avoid troubles and get steam updates right.
Im pretty sure you can't start your game from steam right?

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

Mates I have the sam probl but I dont underdtand what I did wrong

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

It says blitzkrieg in the company of heroes relaunch folder that I found in steamapps folder and it still isnt working

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

Help me out

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

I have the relaunch but It doesent work pleas help