RelicCoH.exe not found - What to do?

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: RelicCoH.exe not found - What to do?

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

your files and folders needs to look like that in your steam company of heroes relaunch root folder.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

I do have the blitzkrieg folder in my coh ralunch I realy dont understand whats wrong I dont have the tales of valor is that the problem

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

What I did was donlowd the V4.8.6.0 full and the latest patch then I ran the full first then the patch I clicked on the desktop shortcut and it says relic coh not found. I do have the steam vearsion but I dont have the tales of valor DLC content. And when I finished runing the full and the patch some files were transferd to my documents. I dont know whats wrong please help

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Check that the Bk mod installer has the right path when the installer show up : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch, same thing if you want to install Historical add-on for bk mod, or any mod files, you don't need tales of valor but COH opposing front is needed as it contain the British and the Panzer Elite faction, the best is to get the whole pack, like that no worries.

If you have files in your document folder means that your installation is wrong, you need to uninstall and reinstall the mod completelly, make sure that all bk mod folders and files are well removed before making a new fresh install.

All files should be installed in your steam company of heroes relaunch original folder.
Attachments
inst.JPG

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: RelichCOH.exe Not Found

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Guys, please don't triple posts here, if you want to add something, edit your first post, thx.

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

I will try that but I dont have the opposing fronts so will the mod function without it

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

If you don't have opposing front, you will not have Panzer Elite and the British faction with some rewards units.

More infos here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1717

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

I entered that in the path manually but the blitzkrieg folder didn't show up in my Company of Heroes Relaunch folder im sory for bodering you but can you like make a video on yt or explain it with more detail because I have been smashing my head againts the wall 2 days trying to figure this out. Why did you make it so difficult. And when I enterd the path manually the files were transferd threw Local disk C so I had to go to Computer shortcut and clikco on Dicsk C go to "Program Files (x86)" that I manually enterd in the path so what did I do wrong. Thank you for your time

bosnaguy

Post by bosnaguy »

Mate im a computer genious I yust did it mateeeee im so tierd but im so happy I did it. Thank you so muchhhh dud your the best

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Good to see that you become a computer genius in a day ;)

RellHaiser

Post by RellHaiser »

I don't mean to come across too negatively, but all the derp in this topic with finding the right install path... (in my defense I am a frustrated IT support worker)

All you need is http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?t=1213

The script will find the location where the Steam relaunch version of CoH is installed and put that into your clipboard so you can paste the correct path into the Blitzkrieg installers.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

The easiest way is just to click properties of coh, local files, browse files and you are right in folder that you need.

Honestly, installing script engine and running scripts just to find the folder... coming from IT worker too, seems more of a hassle than the above.

Anyways, the BK installer does pretty much the same, but takes the info from the registry, so if it is installed properly from steam, you should not need even look for the path. The problem is only if someone is installing non-steam or not the "new steam version" of CoH, I am not looking for these and your script also doesn't. There might also be problem with some specific version, where the steam product number would be different, but I am not aware of that as of right now.

I also don't mean to come across negatively, but getting the path without installing anything in 3 clicks seems above everything to me.