Nothing happens after downloading the mod

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
kj5159

Nothing happens after downloading the mod

Post by kj5159 »

I downloaded the mod from http://www.moddb.com/mods/blitzkrieg but when i try to open the .exe to install it, nothing happens. there is a process on my task manager though for "blitzkrieg install" or something like that but nothing else happens on the screen at all. please help. thanks.

Devilfish

Re: Nothing happens after downloading the mod

Post by Devilfish »

Hello and welcome to the mod!

If you are installing the mod for the first time, you need to first download and install version 4.8.6.0, http://www.mediafire.com/download/41rtb ... 0_Full.exe
After you successfully installed it, download and install patch 4.9.5, http://www.mediafire.com/download/j32w1 ... _Patch.exe

Now if the problem still persists; Does the process use really tiny amount of RAM? If you try to execute it again multiple times, does it appear in task manager several times and can't be terminated in any way? This problem happened to me aswell and was caused by my antivirus (avast). Just disable it for a duration of an installation or add installation files to exceptions.

If you are indeed new, don't hesitate to make a topic introducing your steam nick and ask for other players'.

Edit: Couldn't make the url tag work.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

kj5159

Post by kj5159 »

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, yes I am new to the mod although not new to COH. I have Kaspersky which has been pretty restrictive in the past, I turned off Kaspersky and tried to run the .exe file again and still nothing (same response). If i execute the file multiple times it comes up as multiple processes in task manager, but nothing on the applications side. Yes it uses a tiny amount of RAM, for one instance of running the .exe I have one process called "Blitzkrieg_4.8.6.0_Full.exe *32" using about 1,800K of memory and another process called "Blitzkrieg_4.8.6.0_Full.tmp *32" using about 2,200K of memory. I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit, is it possible that the problem is related to the .exe being a 32 bit file?

Update: I have now gotten an error message saying that the install files are corrupted. I will try redownloading and will post the results.

Update to the update: Still having the same problem. Not sure what to do here.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

I would try to restart computer and make 100% sure Kasperski is completely disabled. Then try to run it as administrator and fingers crossed.
Btw, when you multiply this processes, are you able to terminate them using task manager? Because in my case, I wasn't.

I think it is very unlikely, that it's caused by 32/64 incompatibility. Maybe Vista is fucking around? (yeaaaa Vista hate!). Maybe Net. framework isn't up to date, possibly? Don't really know what else...

If nothing works, as last resort you can try to simply manually insert the mod files into the coh folder. However you would either need some good soul to upload it for you (sorry, I have shitty upload) or manage to extract the files from the installer with some 3rd party handy software.

Update: Ok, if you still haven't figure it out, get this http://innounp.sourceforge.net/. I have tested it and successfully extracted the BK installer exe. After that, just copy the files into the coh folder and do the same with 4.9.5 patch and simply overwrite everything it asks you. Voila, you're good to play BK.

kj5159

Post by kj5159 »

Thanks for your persistence with this. I know Vista is screwy so there's that....I'll try to manually move the mod files over.

And I was I able to terminate the processes.

Will report back soon, hopefully it works. Thanks again for your help!

Update: I'm getting a bunch of code from the Inno Setup Compiler, I made a new folder for it to go into (I think). I'm not familiar with how this works, will it spit it out as files on the other end or code? Also it asks me if I want to compile the data, do I want to compile it?

Could you give me a walkthrough on how to do this process?

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Hm no really sure what setup compiler you are talking about...

Go here https://sourceforge.net/projects/innounp/?source=navbar and click the green download button. That should down you a single rar file.Unpack it and you should have your portable version right there (no installation).

Now the trick is the program has no GUI (window,buttons,whatever), you'll have to execute it using console and parameters.
To make it easier, I assume you saved the program (innounp.exe) on the desktop.
1. Click on windows start icon and to the search panel type cmd and hit enter.
2. Now the console is open (black window) it should say something like C:\Users\yourname\
3. If so, type cd desktop and hit enter (now it should say C:\Users\yourname\desktop)
4. Make sure BK install file is on desktop as well and type innounp -x bk.exe and hit enter (replace bk.exe with the real file name).

Now you should have a good bunch of BK files spilled over you desktop.

kj5159

Post by kj5159 »

It came out into a folder that it made automatically called "{app}".

the file had a folder in it called "Blitzkrieg" which contains:
>Archives folder which contains the files:
>>BKArtHigh.sga
>>is-288DA.tmp

the {app} folder also contains the files(not in a sub-folder):

BkCommunityPatchLauncher.exe
BkCommunityPatchLauncher.exe.config
blitzkrieg.ico
Blitzkrieg.module
Blitzkrieg_installation.txt
Blitzkrieg_license.rtf
BlitzkriegDLC1.module
BlitzkriegDLC2.module
BlitzkriegDLC3.module
BlitzkriegOps.module
coh.ico

I feel like this is missing stuff, nothing about an installer on there.

Edit: I got everything into the COH folder and i got the mod to identify the "RelicCOH.exe" but after the game loads I get a window in the game that says "Media not found" and it forces me to exit back out to windows.

I guess I need to install first but I don't have any type of installer or anything like that?

kj5159

Post by kj5159 »

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I finally got it working, after getting the files extracted I had to run them as administrator rather than just opening the program, also I put the files into the COH relaunch folder rather than the just COH. Thank you for bearing with me being a pain in the ass and thank you for makng such an awesome mod. I played a quick game to make sure it works and i got fucking owned. This mod is amazing.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Yes, it must go into steam coh relaunch folder, thought that was clear :). I'm glad you finally made it. Again, feel free to post and introduction topic, so people can post their steam names, so you get games easier, though you'll need some training :).

Have fun!

kj5159

Post by kj5159 »

Probably my error I'm sure. This mod makes the game like 1000x better though, seriously....good job dude