Profile Picture size?

This forum related stuff. Problems? Suggestions? Here.
V13dweller

Profile Picture size?

Post by V13dweller »

Why is it limited to such a ridiculously small size, I mean 16 kb is way to small, I have been trying to quite a while using photoshop to get my previous avatar to that size without it turning into a blurry mess.

The previous forum did not have a limit like this, and recommended a picture of over 200x, while this one requires a 100x100px image, which is tiny.

BffWithDEATH

Re: Profile Picture size?

Post by BffWithDEATH »

Just use photoshop or Paint ( Paint was easier tbh )
and change the photo's resolution then canvas resolution or in Paint just resize imagine 100 x 100
Embrace Your Dreams

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

Yeah I have been doing that, but I wanted to keep the image quality as high as possible, which took some time.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Huh, just briefly reducing your image size to 100 and saving it with even MS paint makes a good result with like 4kB size in JPG or 12kB in PNG ... and thats just mspaint. While you could upload bigger size avatar on older forum, only part of it was visible anyway, and that was around 120px iirc.

BffWithDEATH

Post by BffWithDEATH »

I know his feels though, it's always disappointing when your rendering a project and the image is pixelated and with an image of e.g. 1280 x 768 being reduced to 100 x 100 it is likely to look terrible
Embrace Your Dreams

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Well I looked more closely and on old forum his visible part was around 97x97, so he can actually have bigger avatar now! :D

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

It's more the file size that was the pain, as I use this avatar on different forums, which have bigger avatar slots, and customizing it to every forum gets a bit annoying, bit it's done now.