Panzer III

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Tony1604

Panzer III

Post by Tony1604 »

Hi, i would like to ask if panzer III will ever be added to the CoH1 blitzkrieg mod, cause I think the wermscht lacks light early tanks? :D

EDIT: Sorry, I just read the FAQ, say that models and animations and textured were made, would you include them?

Jagdpanther

Re: Panzer III

Post by Jagdpanther »

Pz III is a very pretty tank, i would like to see it too but the devs said it will just be another unit no one uses which is true but it could replace the stug III or a similar tank since there's already the stug IV, im not saying they're the same, they have the same design, Pz III could be added for diversity. Also stug III has an ugly skin IMO. Stug III along with Pz IV J ugliest tanks in the game, horrible skins. Also the KT with turret mg has a not so great skin plus it has turret bug. It could be replaced entirely.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I agree that the current Stug 3 skin is ugly but I disagree that the Pz4 J skin is ugly as well anyhow.. as it's even better than the H in my opinion! And anyway, the next D-Day historical addon release v1.2 will provide awesome new skins for the Stugs...

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

I think this is the skin they tried to replicate but the zimmerit effect ruined it.

Also the textures used are low quality compared to other tanks. The low quality textures combined with the zimmerit effect makes it look unclear, pixelated.

The addon you are referring to is optional, some people like myself don't like addons, i like the original bk textures better except the ones mentioned in my previous post.

Krieger Blitzer

Well, with ultra textures.. the IV J looks pretty here in my game... But I appreciate that everyone has his own taste after all!

However that the most ugly Bk skins together with the Stug 3 are in fact those of Tiger tanks; specifically the late version from Blitz doc.
And this is one of the strongest reasons btw why I like the D-Day historical addon so much since that the Tiger tank skins are reworked in such a very nice way ^^

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

The Tiger skins are very realistic IMO, some with different skins, some with partial skins, some without just like it was in the war. On your addon they all look the same

Krieger Blitzer

Realistic or not, the skin of the Blitz Tiger which is also one of the random Terror Tiger skins.. is just ugly.
However that on the historical addon v1.2; u will get 2 new random skins for the Terror Tiger, one of them is same as the Blitz Tiger but with a different number while both are simply just awesome... Beside the new ACE Tiger skin!

Anyway, as said.. everyone has his own taste that he favors regarding such matters at the end :)

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Does that addon have skins for KT with top mg? Because the current one in bk has a bug

Krieger Blitzer

It does have a new skin for the other version of the KT from the customize army list without top MG gunner, but on the other hand I definitely know about the visual bug which u meant of the KT with the MG when the main gun gets destroyed; however that I believe it's model related.. and not just a skin related issue!

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Well can't the entire model be replaced? Because most of the people use that version for it's top gunner

Krieger Blitzer

Not sure if it will be compatible or not whenever the model is replaced, but actually there is another model available for this version of the KT.. however that u would probably have to ask Wolf about this!
As I don't really care about it... Since that the KT with top MG gunner is very expensive in pvp games already; That's another reason why I always use the cheaper version.

Der Major

Post by Der Major »

Tony1604 wrote:Hi, i would like to ask if panzer III will ever be added to the CoH1 blitzkrieg mod, cause I think the wermscht lacks light early tanks? :D

EDIT: Sorry, I just read the FAQ, say that models and animations and textured were made, would you include them?

personaly i'd like to see the Panzer III N replace the IV D... afaik none of those were in service around D-Day anymore.. the models are a problem though

edit ah crap wrong subforum

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

You d both Pz III and IV stubby/Kz in Normandy, but in anecdotic number. Check the 21 th pz Div.