Who claims that the Blitz doc is the best one??!!

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

Who claims that the Blitz doc is the best one??!!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

This game is a definite proof of how the Brits RAF doc is made to be 'without any doubt'.. the best indeed!!!

Me vs Cupcake 1vs1 on the map Langres, it's true that this actually is a small map where u can easily strike the base with airplanes which makes it probably impossible for the Axis player opponent to avoid.
But why the WH faction has no airplanes since PE, Brits and US all have airplanes?! Why isn't it forbidden to strike the base using airplanes??!! Isn't this regarded as to be base arty???!!!
Attachments
temp.rec
Just copy the file to ur 'C:Users\"username"\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback' and then u r good to go!
Bk mod v4.83 playback file.
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 69 times

Warhawks97

Re: Who claims that the Blitz doc is the best one??!!

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:This game is a definite proof of how the Brits RAF doc is made to be 'without any doubt'.. the best indeed!!!

Me vs Cupcake 1vs1 on the map Langres, it's true that this actually is a small map where u can easily strike the base with airplanes which makes it probably impossible for the Axis player opponent to avoid.
But why the WH faction has no airplanes since PE, Brits and US all have airplanes?! Why isn't it forbidden to strike the base using airplanes??!! Isn't this regarded as to be base arty???!!!

I am not going to watch this to be honest as it is 1 vs 1. Docs do not even reach their full potential and a single lucky moment can decide a game (e-g pak 40 stops a jumbo or not). Space to manouver is less and airplanes reach the target area much faster as on larger 4 vs 4 maps. If you can show me 3 vs 3 or 4 v 4 games where the BK doc cant contribute anything usefull then you can show me. Currently BK doc is probably the most played WE doctrine and its not because the doc is so bad.

You now want airstrikes for axis oO. I could also ask why only one US docs has Hellcats and Jacks while all other have only M10 which sucks for offensive purposes and somtimes even for offensive -.-.....

Note also that US airstrikes are a way overpriced when compared to brits or axis counterparts when comparing cost with damage, aoe and accuracy and not to mention that every axis doc has good battletanks or heavy tanks to balance lack of air power a bit.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

I agree what u said about 1v1 games specifically when on smaller maps like Langres.
Actually I also agree with u about the Hellcat thing. Hellcats beside Wolverines both should be available on all US docs! But the Jackson should stay be available only on the Armor doc.

I would disagree what u said about airstrikes indeed. RAF doc has the best airstrikes with good cost... But anyways! I am not going to discuss that.

Wake

Post by Wake »

RAF isn't that good. Commandos are actually very overpriced unless a player has every single command tree upgrade for them.

For 500 MP, the basic commando sten squad is absolutely useless at anything other than close range. Pioneers can win a long range fight vs sten commandos. Furthermore, the sten itself is a very bad weapon in this game. Comparing it to the grease gun, Thompson, and MP40 reveals that it is the worst of all SMG's. It shoots slower and seemingly does less damage.

The Gammon Bombs are described as Anti-Tank grenades, but in fact they are the commandos best anti-infantry weapon, just with a very short range. 1 Gammon Bomb can actually kill 4 or 5 Knights Cross instantly, which no other weapon can do. But the problem is Gammon Bombs are terrible vs any kind of vehicle. They barely put a dent into halftracks.

Speaking of vehicles, commandos are so fragile that a bike can kill quite a few of the squad.

On top of that, the commando upgrades don't make any sense. There is one that gives the Sten squad 2 Brens. This is a really bad idea, because stens are an assault weapon. You get in close and shoot while moving. The Bren cannot be fired while moving, and is best used at long range.

On the other hand, the Enfield commandos don't get any upgrades. They used to get a sniper which was amazing, it made them one of the best and deadliest units in the game, but they don't get that anymore. The double brens would fit in more with the enfield squad, not the sten one.

Other things include the commando sniper being the worst sniper in the game because he shoots the slowest, and that the commando PIAT squad costs 400 MP when the PIAT isn't even close to equalling the ability of a bazooka or panzershreck, and those cost 360MP.

Compare all of this to the Blitz doc, who has stormtroopers that are better than commandos but cost less at 400 MP, and can get weapons that make them good at all ranges (MP44), good at long range (MG34), and make them AT infantry (Panzershreck). And they get the bundle grenade which has double the range of a gammon bomb, costs the same, and does about the same damage. And they crawl around camouflaged. And Blitz doc gets cheap panzer 4's which are very good, heavy axis tanks, and a panzerwerfer that shoots 10 nebelwerfer rockets for just 50 munition.

Meanwhile, the commandos are dying left and right trying to get in close or are being blown up by tanks because they don't have AT, and the British don't have any effective tanks of their own. An achilles is very fragile, the British sherman can't use effective HE rounds, and the crusader can't kill anything (it only suppresses). By the time a firefly comes out, heavy axis tanks can win on a 1-on-1 fight because it's still a sherman, and if not, it will get panzershreck'd.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:RAF isn't that good. Commandos are actually very overpriced unless a player has every single command tree upgrade for them.

For 500 MP, the basic commando sten squad is absolutely useless at anything other than close range. Pioneers can win a long range fight vs sten commandos. Furthermore, the sten itself is a very bad weapon in this game. Comparing it to the grease gun, Thompson, and MP40 reveals that it is the worst of all SMG's. It shoots slower and seemingly does less damage.

The Gammon Bombs are described as Anti-Tank grenades, but in fact they are the commandos best anti-infantry weapon, just with a very short range. 1 Gammon Bomb can actually kill 4 or 5 Knights Cross instantly, which no other weapon can do. But the problem is Gammon Bombs are terrible vs any kind of vehicle. They barely put a dent into halftracks.

Speaking of vehicles, commandos are so fragile that a bike can kill quite a few of the squad.

On top of that, the commando upgrades don't make any sense. There is one that gives the Sten squad 2 Brens. This is a really bad idea, because stens are an assault weapon. You get in close and shoot while moving. The Bren cannot be fired while moving, and is best used at long range.

On the other hand, the Enfield commandos don't get any upgrades. They used to get a sniper which was amazing, it made them one of the best and deadliest units in the game, but they don't get that anymore. The double brens would fit in more with the enfield squad, not the sten one.

Other things include the commando sniper being the worst sniper in the game because he shoots the slowest, and that the commando PIAT squad costs 400 MP when the PIAT isn't even close to equalling the ability of a bazooka or panzershreck, and those cost 360MP.

Compare all of this to the Blitz doc, who has stormtroopers that are better than commandos but cost less at 400 MP, and can get weapons that make them good at all ranges (MP44), good at long range (MG34), and make them AT infantry (Panzershreck). And they get the bundle grenade which has double the range of a gammon bomb, costs the same, and does about the same damage. And they crawl around camouflaged. And Blitz doc gets cheap panzer 4's which are very good, heavy axis tanks, and a panzerwerfer that shoots 10 nebelwerfer rockets for just 50 munition.

Meanwhile, the commandos are dying left and right trying to get in close or are being blown up by tanks because they don't have AT, and the British don't have any effective tanks of their own. An achilles is very fragile, the British sherman can't use effective HE rounds, and the crusader can't kill anything (it only suppresses). By the time a firefly comes out, heavy axis tanks can win on a 1-on-1 fight because it's still a sherman, and if not, it will get panzershreck'd.

thats true.

Just Maultier cost 85 ammo ;) But you can build stuhs anyway and dont forget the Ostwind for 400/45 which is brutal against inf. At least commando cant to a head on attack on ostwind whereas stormtooper can do head on on aa tanks. Leader squad removes suppression ;)

Wake

Post by Wake »

Warhawks97 wrote:Just Maultier cost 85 ammo ;) But you can build stuhs anyway and dont forget the Ostwind for 400/45 which is brutal against inf. At least commando cant to a head on attack on ostwind whereas stormtooper can do head on on aa tanks. Leader squad removes suppression ;)

Well, that's not a great comparison as commandos don't have AT. Or rather, they don't have bazookas or panzershrecks.

But really, what is the point of the crusader if it can't actually kill anything? It used to be able to, but now it just suppresses. It's worse than the US quad halftrack.

Krieger Blitzer

I guess u guys have to first quickly check the replay... Typing is more time waste than watching. RAF doc is a lot much more than to be only about Commandos!!! And (once again) not like usual, I went for Pz4 mass production and Stuhs not Tigers..

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

The only way to win raf in 1vs1 (as Wehrmacht), is to do early push with volks, pak, sniper, mortar and schreks, puma, then pz4 and ostwind for finishing them. If you let brit player to control the map, than already in middle game 17 pounders and mortar nests will be behind every corner + unstopable commando (after tree upgrades) + huge looses because of airstrikes (btw, you didnt even try to place AA ostwind for have a chance to countering a plane).

P.S. Cupcake showed nice using of Kangoorus)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:The only way to win raf in 1vs1 (as Wehrmacht), is to do early push with volks, pak, sniper, mortar and schreks, puma, then pz4 and ostwind for finishing them. If you let brit player to control the map, than already in middle game 17 pounders and mortar nests will be behind every corner + unstopable commando (after tree upgrades) + huge looses because of airstrikes (btw, you didnt even try to place AA ostwind for have a chance to countering a plane).

P.S. Cupcake showed nice using of Kangoorus)

Against commandos you should never camp. RAF players have to play for time usually and later they take advantage of veted commandos with cheap reinforcment cost.

against commandos you must do earl push and the best units against them are AA tanks as anti airplane and anti inf tank and Tank IV´s. Also start vetting up stormtoopers earl enough. Going only for Tigers and doing nothing in early is suicicde against commandos.

Just once in many games the Tiger ace could turn the game by driving to their glider and using S mines but skilled RAF players will always have 17 pounder or achilles.

So Tiger i think you should follow that advice. Push in early and use Pumas and vehicles with 20 mm which can kill inf and tetrarchs. Later AA tanks and Tank IV, bigger tanks doesnt help that much and use Stormtrooper with leader squad. Still you need to have a good micro and try to keep your leader squad, puma and aa tank alive.

Stuhs doesnt really help. Only if veted but to take controle you need fast units with powerfull automatic weapons. Stuhs are better against Royal engineers and inf doc. I dont use stuhs at all but i told you that already.

And yeah, the sinper cangoroo combo is insane. Drive and snipe.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Wait, you can put a commando sniper in a kangaroo?

Can you put 2 inside a kangaroo?

I know you can also put 2 vickers inside a kangaroo. And flamethrower sappers.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:Wait, you can put a commando sniper in a kangaroo?

Can you put 2 inside a kangaroo?

I know you can also put 2 vickers inside a kangaroo. And flamethrower sappers.

yeah. It denies actually every infantry movment. That can be really nasty. They shoot in all directions and even when cangoroo is driving. They are "super sniper" or using laser guided bullets.

Krieger Blitzer

These are good tips by all of u guys which I guess I would follow next times :) I think going for the Tiger tank even if was later in such a battle still could be regarded as a mistake as there is no point of using Tigers in such a small map against 17Ps and Typhoons! I had to use Storm Troops and Pumas earlier maybe.. but I did not even think of using an Ostwind to take out the airplanes as I believed the map was too small and so the Ostwinds will not have the enough time to shoot at the airplanes as they will pass very quickly. However that I guess I still had to try it... Anyways! That was a GG however ^^

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

deleted