1 vs 1. Panther ftw

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

1 vs 1. Panther ftw

Post by Warhawks97 »

a 1 vs 1 game me vs kwok. I usually dont play 1 vs 1 games but he finally convinced me. I did lot of mistakes but kwok gave me a chance by choosing AB instead of Armor doc (which would have enabled him to beat me in vehicle stage by using vehicle capture ability). I had still some trouble with my mouse but all in all i had luckily less problems with it.

But so much to "Panthers are free vet for the enemie". I dont see any fucking reason to buff panthers. They are so cost effective. Most of the time oyu can simply trust in its armor. And this is not the only game where panther bounced so much. I am used to bounce it and i dont fear any unit that isnt ambushed unless its an SP. But the Panther also bounces 17 pdr´s quite well like in last game vs brits when just 3 out of 10 17 pdr shots penetrated my Panthers and its not even the G Panther with better armor.

I always loved the panther which are by axis late game backbone tanks and they never really disappointed me. Not in old patches and not in the current one.

In this game i decided to go Panthers instead of too many storms. Open field.

@devs: Can you pls fix that retreat bug for Storms when they have thrown a grenade bundle? Whenever storms using that ability (at least the assault squads) they cant retreat for like 5 seconds. You can see it on my first storm squad that died after using that ability.

@devs II: It seems that axis cant shoot out of HT´s with schrecks so easily as US can. Why? US HT´s with zooks cleaning the battlefiield from every enemie vehicle, here my zooks didnt want to shoot that chaffe -.-

hope you can enjoy it. Many waited for a 1 vs 1 game by me. This is my seventh 1 vs 1 game since 2011 and ive never lost one yet, though kwok was friendly to me giving me a chance by not going armor doc and vehicle spam.

Dont wonder when i drive away with my puma from his Pack howitzer. I did pitty that guy which made all that way to survive so i did let them alive during the game.
Attachments
8p_fields of engagement.2015-10-04.02-07-56.rec
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Re: 1 vs 1. Panther ftw

Post by kwok »

About the halftracks, it's about the angle the halftrack faces. It's the same for US ht but the US ht is faster letting them change the angle quicker. You have to turn the back to the enemy basically so the shreks/zooks can fire out.

Awesome game though. Can't wait to face you again!
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Of course Panthers will kick AB's ass, doc have nothing to stop heavies except ambushed Hellcat which might fail anytime.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Almost any Axis tank would be effective enough against AB doc now, I had Vet 4 Tiger and Vet 4 Pz4 vs AB in 1v1s!!! Even before RLs get to be reduced in numbers.. but that was much tougher of course... Keep in mind also that I actually never had a Vet 4 Ostwind btw however that so often I had Vet 4 HE Shermans and Jumbos against several good Axis players; not to mention about the SP of course :D

Looking forward to face u soon anyways :)

As we all know.. it's probably once more worth to mention that more likely the AB 101st squads would receive back the second RL but as an upgrade possibly for 40 ammo only perhaps, maybe too even without tuning it down again to the old stats of which it had before as well in a result.. being just instead of Thompsons I suggest... As there is honestly no real need for them upon this unit.

Kwok didn't use any Quad 50 HTs, wondering why??!! :shock:

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Almost any Axis tank would be effective enough against AB doc now, I had Vet 4 Tiger and Vet 4 Pz4 vs AB in 1v1s!!! Even before RLs get to be reduced in numbers.. but that was much tougher of course... Keep in mind also that I actually never had a Vet 4 Ostwind btw however that so often I had Vet 4 HE Shermans and Jumbos against several good Axis players; not to mention about the SP of course :D

oh, wonder. Suddenly? Didnt you say Panthers are not more than just feeding the enemie? In fact most allied docs can deal with Panthers from ambush. The SP is the only that can be used aggressively forward against Panthers. Pershings also have reasons to fear and need special anti inf support.

And its pretty much same with inf doc and thats why inf doc is defending every square meter like shit. Panthers that keep moving (when there is space for it) are not really hitable by arty. So yeah, when axis (and axis teams) do get into their Panther stage then allied should have some map controle and defending those as hard as they can.

Fireflies with command tank is also better used from a defensive position with stat mode. Attacking a Panther with command car is hard because panther has the speed on his side and once a firefly got into stat mode it can be a very easy schreck target+ Panthers have pretty good chance to bounce 17 pdr that are fired from distance.

And simply this is why i dont think it needs a long shot. Its speed, armor, pen.... it combines the best aspects of tanks. It can alone defend map areas sooo good. It can attack pretty much every target (tanks, inf, vehicles).

And just because the Panther has two things to fear (SP, Firefly+ command tank) which cost more or the same it doesnt mean it needs the long shot. It would make the Panther simply as the "choice against everything" what it more or less already is. Doesnt matter if you face inf or tanks, vehicles and weapon crews, Panthers will kill it

Looking forward to face u soon anyways :)

In 1 vs 1 it wont happen. This 1vs 1 game is a rare thing. Maybe i will play with kwok on such large maps for 1 vs 1 to point out more strategic aspects of games.

Kwok didn't use any Quad 50 HTs, wondering why??!! :shock:

for what? I was roaming with Pumas. The best he could do is to go armor doc and vehicle capture ability. Then getting out M20 and greyhounds that can attack inf (and vehicles) + capturing points, cutting of my suppline routes, harassing me and laying also mines with greyhound. Armor doc with greyhounds and vehicle cap is the best decision in such games against BK doc on such maps.

Also i could easily adjust to it by using pumas with that 75 mm gun and MG42.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

In team-fights, Panthers are 'usually' nothing but a feed to the enemy as they are often good in nothing but exploding :P Just the spam of Panthers is what might be hurting sometimes.. however that anyways I didn't say that it needs the Accurate Long Shot; as I believe it only needs the flank speed ability (specifically the D version and just like Comets after all) on Vet lvl 2 or 3 instead of Tigers!

U say Quad 50 HTs for what???!!! o.O This is doubtlessly one of the most OP units in the whole game btw...

Still looking forward to have a game against u soon :)

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Quad cal is quite brutal actually, i find it more effective than Ostwind and Wirbelwind ( Both are expensive, needs 75 ammo for HE activation, also both have longer production time and slower speed ). Moreover Ostwind cant hit shit while moving, i recommend devs to check its accuracy, it seems arround zero while driving + no supression at all, other strange thing is vet. lvl, it gains experince with painfully low speed. Wirbelwind, on the other hand, supress the entire armies in few bursts, but never able to kill a lot.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The prob is that all vehicles and paks have vcoh vets. That way vet 2 and 3 for the HT gives like +25% accuracy and +25% damage.

But axis vehicles gain reduced taken damage and health boost. A vet 2 puma is sometimes surviving a 57 m pak hit with like 50% hp left.

The US paks gain for example more pen and damage with vet. Axis paks get increased survivability and first with vet 3 damage and/or nice penetration boosts.

Also what can a quad cal 50 do against puma with 20 mm? Puma armor is quite thick and even greyhound 37 mm bounces often from max range. Also i could use the Puma with 75 mm gun and MG42. Its also a very brutal vehicle that kills inf and vehicles quickly. Its not the first time i do face m16 and there are ways with it, just romaing with inf doesnt work then. Keep puma and 50 mm pak arround and its fine. If he would have build one i could have changed my style. Also i didnt build ostwind for reasons as you can see. I didnt see a need for Ostwind this time because AB air raids are not really a threat+ i had no blobbs and i dont need special inf killer to kill AB squads.

Also as i said, the smartest thing he could have made was to choose armor doc, unlock vehicle capture and cut off my supply routes with jeeps and greyhounds and taking early on total map controle.

M16 killing inf as supposed, so whats wrong with it? Its therefrore quite fragile and has often engine crit by first hits of paks.

The Ostwind is pretty brutal and can bounce sherman hits. Idk where i saw it but in a game few days ago the Ostwind bounced four 75 mm sherman shells.

I would agree to add suppression for ostwind and to slightly boost the Wirbelwinds damage.

@Tiger: As if i get only vet Panthers on maps where i have room to maneuver -.- I told you that i pretty often had comebacks just with panther and few storms. Didnt you remember the game at road against butter and cyber? I got a vet 4 panther 2 or 3 times in one game.

Also yeah, they are kind of spamable later. When you dont waste res for paks and too much inf which also drain the income, then you can get out panther after panther and usually one is in production before the other is dead. When there are some players in late game that get panthers then they come in numbers and they dont need much more as they kill inf, vehicles and tanks by their own quite well and bouncing also a lot.

And i sometimes had vet 4 ostwind. Not as often as vet shermans but thats because armor doc shermans pop out with vet 2 and gain faster veterancy after a tec tree unlock while Ostwinds often stuck in AA mode.