The first true victory.

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

The first true victory.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

What is worth to be told.. is all but firstly nothing more than that actually the chat bar conversations might be really interesting personally to Wolf here on this game!

RE with RAF vs Luft and Blitz docs... Churchills were too good to be honest; even much more than what is expected.
Attachments
PrntScr.
PrntScr.
4p_autry.2015-09-24.00-56-21.rec
Just copy the file to ur 'C:Users\"username"\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback' and then u r good to go!
Bk mod v4.93 playback file.
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 52 times

Warhawks97

Re: The first true victory.

Post by Warhawks97 »

The churchills are in a development stage. The armor of the early version got buffed a way too far (but that was a mistake. Missunderstanding).

I think at the time churchills can be fielded these two docs are able to get schrecks just in time. So yeah, their armor is a bit too strong atm. TH doc is aferall a good counter to RE.

um. Well. idk why Crimax is never going for Th command or support command. can be helpfull sometimes. The first churchill got wasted in a very funny way. Not bad:P

And yeah. 88´s.... RE doc is supposed now to crack exactly this kind of defense. So going for 88s when fighting RE shouldnt be a smart easy win move anymore.

Min 23: Ok, HMG+ leutnant+ double sniper in cangoroo is really a way off, lmao.

@design: dont waste ammo for maultier. Off map mortar on HMG and then rush with stroms. That occassionally shooting is usless and just a waste of res. Get them down all at once.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Probably in a reply to ur comments through the previous topics shortly I would say the following;

And what u can see has happened down here is actually an enough logical justification to demand for buffing the Axis tanks in terms of allowing better range capabilities like the Accurate Long Shots for example to become earlier available specifically for Tigers...
And those are expert opponents this time btw (just saying^^).

As that 2 Tigers got instantly immobilized only because of that they mistakenly managed to engage the Croc just in the standard tank fighting ranges while maybe getting a bit closer also seeking better penetration chances.. the result was the Typhoon or the Comet to end it all then so easily after such an immobilization gift by the Croc's tread breaker ability!

Pzfaust bounced off the Churchill's 'rear' :o
And even once it penetrates the Croc, there is almost no real damage :P

The Comet is also immune against all the 75mm guns :shock:

Not to mention about the strength of my 7 inf squads plus the Kangaroo against these too lame Luft inf units ;)

Yafa

Post by Yafa »

Tiger1996 wrote:Pzfaust bounced off the Churchill's 'rear' :o

i think someone has to record this maybe ......

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Probably in a reply to ur comments through the previous topics shortly I would say the following;

And what u can see has happened down here is actually an enough logical justification to demand for buffing the Axis tanks in terms of allowing better range capabilities like the Accurate Long Shots for example to become earlier available specifically for Tigers...
And those are expert opponents this time btw (just saying^^).

As that 2 Tigers got instantly immobilized only because of that they mistakenly managed to engage the Croc just in the standard tank fighting ranges while maybe getting a bit closer also seeking better penetration chances.. the result was the Typhoon or the Comet to end it all then so easily after such an immobilization gift by the Croc's tread breaker ability!

Pzfaust bounced off the Churchill's 'rear' :o
And even once it penetrates the Croc, there is almost no real damage :P

The Comet is also immune against all the 75mm guns :shock:

Not to mention about the strength of my 7 inf squads plus the Kangaroo against these too lame Luft inf units ;)

Well. This was a game of axis players going the "old way" easy win mode. Very static gameplay and only blobb of volks.

Crimax for example wants always first a "100% save defense" before he launches any attack. For a very long time nothing really happend and axis kept incredible static. I know no other players who is usually producing so many paks as crimax (no joke), this time he used a bit less.

Design has lots of potential upwards. I am trying to teach him a lot. He often does mistakes like "tripling" capabilties. One sample (i told him already long time ago) is that he spends 1200 MP at once into Hauptsturmführer, SS squad and heavy assault gren squad but having no ammo to upgrade them. So he sometimes could spread his investments better over different units to have a much nicer unit mix.

None of them is really known as micro gamers. So yeah, they tried to rely on the old axis tactic that always worked except against RA: 1. spend a lot into defense so that no counter attack is possible. 88´s, lots of paks etc. 2. Get arty and bomb, meanwhile creating slowly an offensive force. 3. Push step by step. Inf pushes covered by lots of arty.

But this tactic doesnt work anymore. Now more possibilities besides arty got added to exactly deal with such kind of early axis defense. Imagine old Luft doc and old RE doc. Re would have got nothing to make a step forward. The SD2 are also exemplary that crimax was still stucking on old axis tactics.

The comet is thick armored with up to 102 mm frontal armor. In game i guess its armor is about as good as Jackson armor.
The Tank IV 75 mm L/48 is btw a lot stronger than those of hetzer and stug which i dont understand why.

But comet bounces 75 mm L/48 shells sometimes. Sending tank IV´s against it isnt that smart.

Also axis had not been aware of the fact that churchills and RE is no a real breakthrough doctrine. I mean they have build 50 mm paks against churchills.

The only really stupid thing ive seen was the cangoroo with HMG and snipers inside. I think that thing often saved your ass against mad stormtoopers. And yes, thats stupid.

So yeah, both axis players do not belong to any aggressive flexible type and instead more to static players till late game. Booth focused highly on inf and not seldomly as blobb.

Krieger Blitzer

"This tactic doesn't work.. and that one also won't work anymore..." Then what is supposed to be working now I wonder?!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:"This tactic doesn't work.. and that one also won't work anymore..." Then what is supposed to be working now I wonder?!

mobile warfare with axis. The defense isnt weak either, just its not anymoe "pak, HMG and allied must got for arty" like it has been for a very long time. There is no "one real tacic" actually. As i said, i never do make big plans and instead follow my feelings what i need. I keep moving and usint only temporary defenses.

Krieger Blitzer

Meh... I think Axis (specifically WH) have been always already obliged to use this mobile kind of aggressive force.. which is bringing more and even much more stress to the player than when to play as Allies on the other hand; as u would then usually get more time to take a rest and reinforce freely being less stressed so often!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

To quote Warhawk's favorite book that he didn't finish reading: "Invincibility lies in defense. Victory lies in attack."
I felt like there was a time, and still is, in this game where someone can be victorious in defense, a kind of game I really prefer not to play. But, big maps solved that problem.

I don't think WH is always obliged to use a mobile aggressive force, even now. I've played plenty of passive, slow, creeping games. What I like is that I can't sit and win. I have to at least take risks. I can't just sit in one spot all game and wait for a mega unit or let arty to win the game for me like small map games allow players to do. On bigger maps on this patch, I feel like I need to at least make counter attacks on my defense to win. Firing arty into the fog of war is much more difficult and advancing with a single unit down the lane to the enemy base isn't easy on big maps. The recent patch changes make it even better because some abilities and units were controlling even on large maps. Right now, I haven't any problem playing any faction on a large map. But, maybe it's because I haven't played enough.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Meh... I think Axis (specifically WH) have been always already obliged to use this mobile kind of aggressive force.. which is bringing more and even much more stress to the player than when to play as Allies on the other hand; as u would then usually get more time to take a rest and reinforce freely being less stressed so often!

ehm. Axis was very lazzy defense style with soft push, arty and finally tanks. When i did that mobile warfare ive won every game within 15-23 mins. It became boring.

Allis camp alone is suicide afterall. In a teamfight there need to be two at least that keep enemie busy. The defense on allied side is support. Ive seen many allied that tried to play only with defense but they always failed, even RE. So no, when allis just wait and giving axis time they wont have a rest as there would be instantly a nonstop rocketlauncher barraging. Because of that allied has usually been more stressfull. More paper units that need constant controle and the defense was and is in need of support. If you just use HMG then axis inf would sooner or later overrun them. So allied usually have and need to have HMG´s and mortars combined or HE sherman. The defense there is just a something that draws fire, slows down the enemie a bit and gives you a warning where axis attacks. But you never put an HMG somewhere expecting that it will stop any ammount of enemie inf by its own.

And as i said, when i check(ed) the average clicks per mins that allis have been and do still have a way more.

So yeah.... axis was for tooo long lazzy camping. As PE quickly scout car fixed+50 mm pak, mortar and gren squad. And WE actually also the puma, grens, 50 mm and mortar.

Thats changed now and axis need to play a way more flexibel as well instead simply hidding behind 5 paks and get out the rocket launchers in masses. Atm i see a learning process among some axis players. Some learning faster than others. Also the required teamplay is increased for axis side (eg TH doc player supports mates to repell early churchills) which in the current ammount has never been there.