Bane of my life: The Mortar Halftrack

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
jaggardos

Bane of my life: The Mortar Halftrack

Post by jaggardos »

Every time I play as British, and I'm finding my biggest threat, that ultimately loses me the game is the mortar halftrack. As I see it, until you've spent a lot of time and fuel getting to either a PIAT squad or a variation of an armoured car, there is nothing effective to offensively counter it, and to be honest, that team would've already set up an MG and AT. If I'm lucky and they haven't got an MG team down, I could rush in with inf armed with a bren, but even then it would take a while to take it out, also a bren carrier could possibly work, at the cost of some fuel, again, if I'm lucky. At this point a US team could easily run up with a AT squad to take it out.

On that note, I don't understand the logic of the british rifleman squad costing 435mp, when they die very quickly and aren't even that effective at killing, until you've spent a load on 2 brens. I'm thinking that Grenadiers are only 400, and they defo last longer, and can have AT, MG or ARs.
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Butterkeks

Re: Bane of my life: The Mortar Halftrack

Post by Butterkeks »

Well normally you get your mortar pit a bit earlier than Axis get the mortar HT. With a good recon you normally have a good chance to kill it, although the flame ammo of the PE morat HT is a bit tricky.
You often need the support of your ami teammates to kill it quick. But if the PE player really takes care of it, it can be really hard to destroy.

The situation I discover mostly is that me or my teammates (when playing as inf doc) kill it with 105mm Arty barrage (the off map arty).

jaggardos wrote:On that note, I don't understand the logic of the british rifleman squad costing 435mp, when they die very quickly and aren't even that effective at killing, until you've spent a load on 2 brens. I'm thinking that Grenadiers are only 400, and they defo last longer, and can have AT, MG or ARs.

Hm I actually think the brit rifle section is quite good. At distance they can kill Grens without bigger problems, even without bren. At medium range they also have a good chance as they fire a bit faster than Kar98. With one or even two Brens equipped they are often nearly "unstoppable", even in short range ;)
One of my favorite inf squads in BK mod :)

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Bane of my life: The Mortar Halftrack

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Butterkeks wrote:Hm I actually think the brit rifle section is quite good. At distance they can kill Grens without bigger problems, even without bren. At medium range they also have a good chance as they fire a bit faster than Kar98. With one or even two Brens equipped they are often nearly "unstoppable", even in short range ;)
One of my favorite inf squads in BK mod :)

Absolutely right!

And to my opinion too btw, I believe that 100 ammo to be paid over a single LMG42 when fighting against the Brits.. is such a very pointless thing for someone to ever decide to do... Because 2 cheaper Brens in the hands of any CW inf section squad would be still much more superior of course.