Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
User avatar
Sukin-kot (SVT)
Posts: 854
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 08:36
Location: Ekaterinburg, Russia

Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Sukin-kot (SVT) » 07 Jun 2015, 20:22

Me and Zadoff

VS

Terence and Tiger
Attachments
temp.rec
(3.68 MiB) Downloaded 27 times

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 2768
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Warhawks97 » 07 Jun 2015, 21:05

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Me and Zadoff

VS

Terence and Tiger



SE is my fav PE doc. Somehow when played as inf doc it makes even more fun as luft doc oO. Sniper, traps, Sabotage, arty support, incendiary nades and never lacking ammo oO. And then heavy assault grens with these upgrades (vet officer, faster rep, fast cap, 7 men) makes this unit very usefull in this doc together with flame nades and booby traps.


but i hope that booby traps will soon cost a bit. Sector arty only on friendly territory and sabotage some requirness/cost.

To the game: US has no supply yard for a very long time oO. Forgot?


and nobody OP´s ammo points near base although AB and Inf needs it oO. Terence uses only the expensive cqc´s. but no captain, no med truck, no rifle nades, no 107... a bit disappointing. Ok later he did.


The bomb run in panther is funny again. Direct hit (Front half is staying in it) but no scratch. Is it somehow fixable? The Aoe of p-47 bombs seem to be poor very ppor usually against all sorts of targets.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 07 Jun 2015, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3584
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Tiger1996 » 07 Jun 2015, 21:45

But Terence built 107mm mortar emplacements btw...
However that anyways it was fun enough! Although of these crap stuff which are hopefully all going to be fixed on next patch, just a decent support for the devs in order to collect a satisfying product at then end.. ^^
Last edited by Tiger1996 on 07 Jun 2015, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby JimQwilleran » 07 Jun 2015, 21:46

I watched it and I will say that I have always admired how Sukin can regain lost territory (speaking honestly). There is something special with his tactic because even if you feel strong with your defense he is always able to methodically weaken and break it.

About the game itself it was quite clear that there was 1 weaker player for each side, Zadoff and Tiger, with this difference that in hard moments Sukin team was fighting together. Again, I don't think I am capable for such a split attention to watch and fight effectively on 2 fronts.

Also notice very clever trap on the bottom of the map at 38 min, unfortunately CBQ ruined it ;D.

@Tiger, I don't know why do you have a problem with booby traps. They are just an ability. They are effective against players who are not able to concentrate on may units. Well... after seeing your tactic of blobbing 4 AB units and running around I think that you have such a problem. You were just lucky that Sukin was not spamming 3 Mg42 and then putting a 120 mm behind them.

Your accusation that Sukin wins only because of free booby traps is hilarious. Without fog it is clearly shown that he was advancing all the time and you were flouncing with you blob around the map losing men. And he just gave u chances by making no pinning units.

This is nothing personal, but there is one thing that annoys me - that all your ideas are only to support your play-style, which is impaired, you want to change this game into "nothing is effective except tigers and elite inf blobs". Leave booby traps alone because you don't use them (you play with 1 doc mainly).

I disagree with traps cost, I dont care about sector arty.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3584
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Tiger1996 » 07 Jun 2015, 21:54

JimQwilleran wrote:About the game itself it was quite clear that there was 1 weaker player for each side, Zadoff and Tiger, with this difference that in hard moments Sukin team was fighting together. Again, I don't think I am capable for such a split attention to watch and fight effectively on 2 fronts.


But actually... I had a better kills\loses ratio than Terence btw! Also a better total score, definitely with respects towards him as he is surely a very good player. He even won me a 1v1 before too.. but here I only mention this just in a mean to deny ur false claim that I was the weaker player of the Allies side somehow!!

And don't forget, AB is rarely played by me.

And it's probably worth to mention that more likely I suppose that Sukin and Zadoff were both on the TS3 together, while me and Terence on the other hand surely weren't.. as I never joined the TS until now if u r already knowing.

JimQwilleran wrote:This is nothing personal, but there is one thing that annoys me - that all your ideas are only to support your play-style, which is impaired, you want to change this game into "nothing is effective except tigers and elite inf blobs". Leave booby traps alone because you don't use them (you play with 1 doc mainly). I disagree with traps cost, I dont care about sector arty.


Well, seemingly.. all are agreeing on that booby traps should cost something for all factions... Even Redgaarden just wrote about it through his recent post on the "Inspiring for perfection!" topic!!! Hawks as well does agree. U r the first one I see who disagrees this.. obviously for some unknown logical reasons!
They are mines.. there are no free mines as far as I would know.

User avatar
Sukin-kot (SVT)
Posts: 854
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 08:36
Location: Ekaterinburg, Russia

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Sukin-kot (SVT) » 07 Jun 2015, 23:19

JimQwilleran wrote:@Tiger, I don't know why do you have a problem with booby traps. They are just an ability. They are effective against players who are not able to concentrate on may units. Well... after seeing your tactic of blobbing 4 AB units and running around I think that you have such a problem. You were just lucky that Sukin was not spamming 3 Mg42 and then putting a 120 mm behind them.
Your accusation that Sukin wins only because of free booby traps is hilarious. Without fog it is clearly shown that he was advancing all the time and you were flouncing with you blob around the map losing men. And he just gave u chances by making no pinning units.
I disagree with traps cost, I dont care about sector arty.

I never build mgs or heavy paks (only 17 pounders), always prefer mobile units.

About boobies, if talking about giving them cost, then only symbolic one, no more than 10 ammo, because smart player will always dodge them, so that turns only to res wasting.

User avatar
Wolf
Administrator
Posts: 959
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 16:01
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Wolf » 08 Jun 2015, 00:04

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:About boobies, if talking about giving them cost, then only symbolic one, no more than 10 ammo, because smart player will always dodge them, so that turns only to res wasting.

Yep, thats exactly how will it be, cost 5-10 munni.
Image

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 2768
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Warhawks97 » 08 Jun 2015, 00:51

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
JimQwilleran wrote:@Tiger, I don't know why do you have a problem with booby traps. They are just an ability. They are effective against players who are not able to concentrate on may units. Well... after seeing your tactic of blobbing 4 AB units and running around I think that you have such a problem. You were just lucky that Sukin was not spamming 3 Mg42 and then putting a 120 mm behind them.
Your accusation that Sukin wins only because of free booby traps is hilarious. Without fog it is clearly shown that he was advancing all the time and you were flouncing with you blob around the map losing men. And he just gave u chances by making no pinning units.
I disagree with traps cost, I dont care about sector arty.

I never build mgs or heavy paks (only 17 pounders), always prefer mobile units.

About boobies, if talking about giving them cost, then only symbolic one, no more than 10 ammo, because smart player will always dodge them, so that turns only to res wasting.



I also dont build heavy paks (except with inf doc late game when i have many res or as brits. But i also never really use heavy paks or veeery rarley. Same with axis HMG´s. I never use them. No need (vehicles and inf have enough mg42´s) and i get more usefull stuff for 350 mp (which doesnt mean the Mg42 isnt really worth the cost, just there are still better things and i prefer small and flexible axis armies in general which allow quick changes from offense into defense and back).


Playing accross the map isnt that hard. Its actually the most important thing when playing as inf and armor doc (they simply must combine their capabilties as they are alone easily stopped). So what Zadoff or sukin did isnt that hard to do (esspecially with TS). Zadoff btw played very similiar BK doc as i do. leader squad, off map mortar and then attack with the rest, later using Panthers. Its i think the best way to play BK doc. Just he played a bit less aggressive and he used stuh what i try not to do.


From players skill. Well terence did not bad. Just inf doc units die pretty fast and he wasted a few too many expensive cqc´s and never set a booby trap with them. He got also often hit by 210 nebler and Hummel and off map mortars which explains the high losses. Tiger simply forgot using supply yard, to use the HMG´s staying in his base, to OP 10 ammo points even when he could have done it, forgot spotters. This inf blobbing style is his weakness and i told him and he knows that.


About "Tiger is trying to change the game so that it fits his style" i think we all do a bit. Best sample is this "hendheld AT" thing and "frontal rush tanks". Sukin was against any change but he also highly prefers inf. In all the games i watched he mainly plays with inf. As AB he gets many AB units using Hellcats only as back up and from ambush (so no real frontal rush risk here) while in offense he mainly kills tanks with AB and rl´s. With terror he plays similiar. There he gets many grens and AT squads and first he weakens the enemie with inf assaults and walking stukas. When he saved enough res he gets the Panther G often as finisher. But attacking only carefully and doing just a few kills in each attack to vet it up step by step untill he has res to get 1-2 new/more Panther G´s. But the main part does the inf and waking stuka and thus schrecks first screwing enemie armor (esspecially TH´s) away.

At the other side is Tiger who mainly plays with Armor and so he is one of the greatest supporters to reduce the "frontal rush armor" efficency and occurence.


@wolf: sounds good, fair and reasonable.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3584
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Tiger1996 » 08 Jun 2015, 11:03

10 ammo looks fair enough... Not 5 nor 15, as that usually if there are 3 possible similar choices.. I always like to consider the middle one! ^^

User avatar
Redgaarden
Posts: 322
Joined: 16 Jan 2015, 03:58

Re: Scorched Earth - Urban Fight

Postby Redgaarden » 10 Jun 2015, 16:48

Man that sector arty left a bad taste in my mouth, and those boobies at the start were so disgustingly effective.... but still was very enjoyable to watch.

And if you complain about long matches try a game with Vp's
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!


Return to “Matchmaking & Strategies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests