Nice 4 vs 4 at Graves Bridges

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

Nice 4 vs 4 at Graves Bridges

Post by Warhawks97 »

Map:Graves Bridges, Version: 4.8.8

Allis:

US armor doc
RAF
CW Arty
AB

Axis:

Terror
Terror
PE SE
PE TH

Its maybe not a "Top" game but afterall had some great moments.

This replay is a must see for markr.

@markr: This is a great example about effectivness of axis very heavy tanks and allied medium armor. This is what i meant with the "initial situation" in our private talk about pen chances and when i tried to convience that lowering US 76 guns penetraton chance against axis very big tanks in return for better pen chances against axis Tank IV´s to a reliable and realistic value wouldnt reduce US chances to beat axis super heavy tanks. It doesnt matter if a 76 sherman has 15% pen chance at point blank vs KT (as it currently is) or if it would have 5-8% (as i suggested). The chances for US (and allied at all) to beat an axis (super) heavy depends a lot more on the initial situation at the time the super heavy comes and if allis have the initiative or not than on the pure chance to penetrate those with US 76 guns.

Thats why i think that buffing the US 76 gun against tank IV´s by nerfing them against axis super heavies wouldnt be wrong. There would be a reason for US to build 76 (to fight axis mediums) shermans (and other tanks) but also for axis a reason to build tigers and bigger tanks (to stand US gunfire) instead of tank IV H (for those how dont know: at max range the US 76 gun has like 22-23% chance to pen Tiger but also just 38,8% vs tank IV H/J which makes in my opinion tank IV´s alost as good as Tigers just coming a lot earlier for a lot cheaper cost) and the very unlucky and really nasty moments where these very big and expensive tanks get penetrated frontally would become by far less.

Also nice to see the tactical use of HE rounds against tanks that cant be penetrated. I have good experiences by surrounding axis TH´s with HE shermans using HE rounds to immobilize those or using HE rounds against tanks in general. Thats why i would really like to have HE rounds for all tanks not as single shots but rather as a duration or on/off switch to have more tactical options in armored warfare.

Also what about swapping Jumbo with calli sherman? oO. I often feel that the need of calli is more urgent currently as jumbo. Simply when games do turn out quickly into camping (what happend in my last two games) when enemie builds like 3-5 paks, HMG´s etc. and in such pak walls the jumbo cant do more than normal shermans. Also the need for early jumbo (lack of fuel in armor doc and very early tank IV spam from BK doc) disappeared due to changes in previous patches in US armor fuel supply and BK doc tec tree changes delaying tank IV spam.
Attachments
8p_gravesbridge2.2015-05-01.23-40-43.rec
(5.6 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt