5.3.0. Operation Goodwood 3v3 (Verdun edition)

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
tarakancheg

5.3.0. Operation Goodwood 3v3 (Verdun edition)

Post by tarakancheg »

Allies:
Coffe(armor)
Fredriksson(airborne)
Tarakancheg(Canadian)
Axis:
Something different (def)
Lari (dunno tbh)
Kwok(blitz)
1.5 hour game with lots of arty.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA-_CsukCtc
Attachments
temp.rec
(5.49 MiB) Downloaded 14 times

Krieger Blitzer

Re: 5.3.0. Operation Goodwood 3v3 (Verdun edition)

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

in my opinion, this game is a very good example of superior Allied inf.
Bazooka rush(s) on the right side by the purple player & same thing on the left side using 82nd AB by the green player combined by Canadian Zookas at the center supported by air-strikes & CW arty.. then Pershings simply appeared saying goodbye to already exhausted late game Axis meta.

Edit:
To clarify.. my point here is Axis Stubby tanks have useless HE rounds, they were nerfed to death.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

It was a fun game. We were all shit talking together on discord.

Near the middle and end I had to work simultaneously otherwise I think we would’ve been able to fight back! Also I think two maultiers was overkill. It really held back my ability to equip my storms and put HE on my tanks. Mistakes were made.

Would like a rematch if we can, thought the teams were pretty well balanced.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
06 Nov 2021, 03:06
in my opinion, this game is a very good example of superior Allied inf.
Bazooka rush(s) on the right side by the purple player & same thing on the left side using 82nd AB by the green player combined by Canadian Zookas at the center supported by air-strikes & CW arty.. then Pershings simply appeared saying goodbye to already exhausted late game Axis meta.

Edit:
To clarify.. my point here is Axis Stubby tanks have useless HE rounds, they were nerfed to death.
Untill mow i watched about half of the game and it doesnt show anything. The armor player drove a column of like 5 shermans into the town and all died somehow. Allied had the better position early on and axis didnt push effectively but just threw their units against mortars. So far the was just basic inf and the grens from def doc did pretty well in all engagments vs candians. It was the mortar spam that kept axis inf in check.

The only thing that blew my mind again is the fact that a Maultier costs no CP while stupoid F2´s cost CP on PE docs. I think the maultier/Panther combo could have made a difference easily but kwok was too hesitant. He literally scorched the entire mid map but still just stood there with panthers.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Calliope jeeps were also quite deadly vs Axis inf behind cover.
I see the Maultier as non CP unit just as Calliope jeeps & 75mm HTs, etc.
75mm HTs in particular are very good at countering 105 howitzers.

The 5 Shermans actually succeeded reaching Axis base, watch the game until the end.

in the long term, it was Allied inf who held the line with Zookas.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 17:33
Calliope jeeps were also quite deadly vs Axis inf behind cover.
I see the Maultier as non CP unit just as Calliope jeeps & 75mm HTs, etc.
75mm HTs in particular are very good at countering 105 howitzers.

The 5 Shermans actually succeeded reaching Axis base, watch the game until the end.

in the long term, it was Allied inf who held the line with Zookas.
I watched it. But still the Shermans got wasted and axis could have ended the game many times.... Center and right side had often been completely open. It was mortars and extremely good mortar and arty use from canadian doc and the double calli jeep. Idk who was the axis guy on the right side but it looked like kwok has been playing alone in the center and right side.

Both sides infantry played just a rather small role. All they did was keeping enemie inf in check until mortar and arty smashed the opponents infantry.
Build more AA Walderschmidt