"76 HVAP eats Panthers any day " falsified

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

"76 HVAP eats Panthers any day " falsified

Post by Warhawks97 »

4.8.8, LaFiere. 1:h 26 mins

I tried quantity fight with armor doc= epic fail. Horrible miss rate of even veted shermans and commanders + bouncing in every situation.

axis:

SE
Luft
Terror

vs

CW arty
Inf doc
Armor doc.

fail with allis

Few things:

1.HVAP penetrated just twice iirc and usually failed to pen. Also The miss rate was horrible.
2. unemplaced low HP 88 hit by HE sherman: No damage at all
3. Silly reccon fight. Axis won as they managed to place their reccons. Add some more binoculars. Booth teams just had reccon mass production and for a very long time reccon hunting was the most important thing for booth sides.
4. Why has an axis doc 4 self propelled artillery but allis just 3 in total (inf sherman, CW priest)?
5. top turret cal 50 of US tanks does a shit to anyhting. Top mounted Mg42 shred inf (also rangers) as if there is no morning.
6. Why i used no snipers? to much arty and sd2.
7. Why i dont call SP? i dont like it. I try to play this quantity style but usually i fail. Doesnt matter how i do.
8. Anyone can see a difference for sherman using sandbags? with and without they died by 2-3 hits.
9. Why i play that map again? idk to be honest. It actually goes that way on every map. Just most long games where so much shit happens do happen on that map.

Conculsion: 76 only usefull vs Tank IV´s when using HVAP. Without HVAP its not worth getting (only camo hellcat with commander maybe).

HF... or not
Attachments
lafiere 6p.2015-04-18.21-42-02.rec
(5.77 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 19 Apr 2015, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Re: "76 HVAP eats Panthers any day " falsified

Post by JimQwilleran »

The most ridiculous thing is a range of 88 gun. This is vCoH bullshit, that hasn't been change for unknown reason...

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I was actually about to join them on this stupid match with such a crappy map, but hopefully I didn't! Duh... :D

crimax

Post by crimax »

Well, this was a pretty good game for both factions but there is something to tell about.

You camped too much !
If someone in my team build 3 mg nests and a mortar on his side, he makes me angry (min. 00:25).

Same at min 00:41, just ridiculous camping on the other side. 3 mg nests near 2 AT gun emplacements. Not even the compstompers do this !

I am new to US Armor doc, but I didn't see all the quantity you spoken above. For example, I watched players that attack enemy tanks with 3 or more tankhunters trying to surround enemy tanks, sometime after an arty barrage on tank.

So, imho, the 76mm HVAP was the less important problem on your side and after watched this, well, I apologyze, this is not a so much good game ...

Tiger1996 wrote:I was actually about to join them on this stupid match with such a crappy map, but hopefully I didn't! Duh... :D

No offense, but we'll talk about when you start playing any factions and low resources.

A map can not always be the cause of all problems and it seems that the map you like doesn't exist ...... Perhaps because smooth surfaces (where easily move your tigers) are in your dreams only, but not in reality :)
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

@Crimax; Excuse me, but whom is the goddamn who told u that I never join or play low res games? And btw I am very good with all factions currently except only Brits for now...

The map isn't crap just because I can't move Tigers.. it's crap because of its bad environment and the mud as well where u can't move anything actually! Also; less ground area on Axis side which forces them to be usually very aggressive at start or so campy on the other hand when they fail it leading to such a stupid game play at the end o.O

Erich

Post by Erich »

crimax wrote:Well, this was a pretty good game for both factions but there is something to tell about.

You camped too much !
If someone in my team build 3 mg nests and a mortar on his side, he makes me angry (min. 00:25).

Same at min 00:41, just ridiculous camping on the other side. 3 mg nests near 2 AT gun emplacements. Not even the compstompers do this !

I am new to US Armor doc, but I didn't see all the quantity you spoken above. For example, I watched players that attack enemy tanks with 3 or more tankhunters trying to surround enemy tanks, sometime after an arty barrage on tank.

So, imho, the 76mm HVAP was the less important problem on your side and after watched this, well, I apologyze, this is not a so much good game ...

Tiger1996 wrote:I was actually about to join them on this stupid match with such a crappy map, but hopefully I didn't! Duh... :D

No offense, but we'll talk about when you start playing any factions and low resources.

A map can not always be the cause of all problems and it seems that the map you like doesn't exist ...... Perhaps because smooth surfaces (where easily move your tigers) are in your dreams only, but not in reality :)

indeed,i'm new in inf doc and had a lot of MP and i didnt know what to do ^^,anyway this game shows that is possible to counter allies camp.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Erich wrote:anyway this game shows that is possible to counter allies camp.

Yea, now we only need a game that will show that it is possible to counter Axis Def camp xD...

crimax

Post by crimax »

Erich wrote:indeed,i'm new in inf doc and had a lot of MP and i didnt know what to do ^^,anyway this game shows that is possible to counter allies camp.

I agree.
Playing Inf doc is strange if you come from other US docs.
It is easy to have tons of MP without know how to use it :)

No problem anyway, fun game.
I replied to 97 cause of his wrong analisys about the game (imho).
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

crimax wrote:Well, this was a pretty good game for both factions but there is something to tell about.

You camped too much !

Thing on that map is that when reaching the river its hard to get over these few bottlknecks with that silly water that causes vehicles and tanks doing stupid turns. So when i play inf doc i actually put mg nests+107 mortar+ reccon to clean the open fields so that my units can get over that water. Erich exaggerated a bit and placing 3 emplacments next to each other isnt really smart. Usually MP isnt a great problem but what to do else with inf doc? On that map i give some weapon upgrades to units but actually dont know what to do else than emplacments. And the HVAP bounced pretty often but the biggest problem was that my tanks never hit in critical moments. Several times failed when the panthers shown their rear to my tanks in a bad move. But in early stage there was also many def stuff on your side. fixed scout vehicles and vehicle with 20 mm kwk and 120 mm mortar prevented to get forward for a while (an 88 also). Later paks on booth sides and MG´s. But this game actually invites to camp and the bottleknecks and waterline as natural border. On those points 1-2 well placed units and defensive stuff can stop a large number of enemie units and arty is always crazy deadly on that map.

@ila: Allis defensive is always crackable. SE and def are perfectly in that but also BK and terror can be pretty devastating against any kind of defensives. Heavy bunker+88+aa tank camping is, lmao, camping at ultra level.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

76mm us guns are totally broken. It is impossible to penetrate pz4 H/J without HVAP ammo which cost 75, thatcs crazy. Any time i want to destroy pz4 with 76 sherman i MUST pay 75 ammo and it doesn't even guarantee successful kill, since pz4 will start to reverse after hit and i must pursue it, hoping it won't miss, which probably will, because shermans are missing like 75% of the time and additionally be prepared to run into a rushing AT squad coming to help poor pz4, which cost almost like sherman with blitz upgrade and comes as early as stupid armor doc can manage (while Blitz additionally provides elite infantry and resources....etc ).
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I agree that US 76 mm is a very poor gun, but I have seen good players compensating it by using many Shermans at once. If you combine them with SP or normal Pershing, they can be a real breakthrough power.

For example in one of my games I faced armor doc as Terror. I attacked with KT supported by 2 tank hunters squads and 1 gren squad (with shreck). Against me went like 4 e8 + Pershing ace (not SP). Firstly tank hunters rushed vs e8. My inf managed to kill 1 e8 (some shrecks missed), then had to retreat because of combined fire from 3 top HMGs. Meanwhile next e8 died by KT shot. He tried to flank my reversing KT with 2 e8 + Pershing moving frontally. KT killed next e8, but received pen shot from other e8 in the side (3/4 hp left). I left that e8 to be killed by grens and shrecks coming back from forward HQ and focused my KT on Pershing Ace. But before my KT reloaded Persh came very close to me and one-shot my KT in the front armor :(. (I killed both e8 and Persh with tank hunters then and still I had resources for next 1,5 KT ;))

As you can see, what matters for armor doc is quantity and good managing. That still doesn't change that penetrating pz IV H/J without 76 HVAP is not a common view ;).