British vs Tank Hunter. What would you do?

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
jaggardos

British vs Tank Hunter. What would you do?

Post by jaggardos »

I'm finding that going against tank hunter doctrine is VERY hard with british, especially in late battle with the jagdtigers and jagdpanthers on, as it seems nothing is good enough to kill them. I use the rockets on the shermans in RE which do pretty good, and comets always have to flank which is usually annoying to do. I know its possible, but as any other doctine it would be impossible I find. Tips?
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Warhawks97

Re: British vs Tank Hunter. What would you do?

Post by Warhawks97 »

jaggardos wrote:I'm finding that going against tank hunter doctrine is VERY hard with british, especially in late battle with the jagdtigers and jagdpanthers on, as it seems nothing is good enough to kill them. I use the rockets on the shermans in RE which do pretty good, and comets always have to flank which is usually annoying to do. I know its possible, but as any other doctine it would be impossible I find. Tips?

dont play RE. If you do so in 3 vs 3 just spam emplacments for your mates and some 17 pdr. Alone you cant do much with RE. Only in early game with smart glider attacks and then bunker what the area you hold. If the enemie comes into offense and when arty+stgs/schrecks popping out you can say "gg" and ask for rematch. Unless you have a good team fighting together dont play RE.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

Sorry, I should mention I mostly play 1v1. I know the game isn't optimized for that but we have 3 dedicated guys in our clan who play this game so its a little tricky.

I did another with RAF and it was good early game, had 4 tetrarchs reeking havoc around the map, until they bought out camo AT guns and thats when the slow loss began. All they did was use one Jagdpanther and kept bring it out, killing something, then retreating it into a bunch of MGs. Planes did shit every time, either missing or just having no affect, and I couldn't get PIATs close enough to take out the Jagdpanther. Is Arty the answer?
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

jaggardos wrote:Sorry, I should mention I mostly play 1v1. I know the game isn't optimized for that but we have 3 dedicated guys in our clan who play this game so its a little tricky.

I did another with RAF and it was good early game, had 4 tetrarchs reeking havoc around the map, until they bought out camo AT guns and thats when the slow loss began. All they did was use one Jagdpanther and kept bring it out, killing something, then retreating it into a bunch of MGs. Planes did shit every time, either missing or just having no affect, and I couldn't get PIATs close enough to take out the Jagdpanther. Is Arty the answer?

aryt is often the answer. In my last game we had to kill all heavy tanks with massive use of arty (priest and double off map from inf and armor doc on immobilized KT).

And i know what you mean. You just thought you got a good start but then stgs and first schrecks occure. You maybe lose here a unit and there and when you lost some areas its hard to get them back as stg and schreck units keep you busy with running away with your units in order not to get schrecked. And whenever you wannt go forward there comes an MG burst from HMG, any sort of vehicle and your inf needs to retreat.

Long time ago a mate of me always only went for Heavy Tanks. Usually TH doc using Tiger and Panther G. When TH doc lost them he took Jagdpanther as kind of replacment. He always only used heavy tanks covered by swarms of schwimmwagens with improved repairs. he then fought at road to montherm with TH doc vs raf. The game went bad but then he got his JP evasing airstrikes. He engaged 17 pounders frontall and so on. All commando inf got killed by schwimmwagens before throwing gomma bomb and the JP was pretty fast also. He lost one or two JP´s but could replace them just in time. The schwimms did schred all the inf and repaired each other or the JP very fast if they took some damage.

In general JP is a real monster. It can use smoke screen for free (all other tanks pay 50 amm). Sometimes you get lucky and penetrate them twice or three times in a row or doing even a oneshot. But in general it takes lots of damage (esspecially with zimmerit coat upgrade) and armor is very well. Recently when i used it two hellcats tried to flank and came very very close but booth bounced several times. Also after 4 pen hits my JP was still alive.

TH is very nasty doc actually. It often ends up in massive campy game and finally JP+assault grens or JT overrun the enemie defense. Arty is in teamfights the best but in 1 vs 1 you should take inf doc. Sticky and off map arty. But if they got skirts even sticky will do a shit. You then need sometimes 5-10 sticky to do something.

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

Yup. Camp and then eventually final push is what happens.

It might be my downfall but I only play british because cba to learn other teams. I just love the team over all of them and I know how to play them. I just feel they seem to have a disadvantage in 1v1 which would be nice to be fixed?

I'll try arty and see what happens

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

jaggardos wrote:Yup. Camp and then eventually final push is what happens.

It might be my downfall but I only play british because cba to learn other teams. I just love the team over all of them and I know how to play them. I just feel they seem to have a disadvantage in 1v1 which would be nice to be fixed?

I'll try arty and see what happens

arty doc in 1 vs 1? i am not sure. In teamfights its good as the MP rate is higher and thus priests eaiser fielded. In 1 vs 1 the priest are pointless i guess and the long range as well. Attacking is also complicate. STG units with vehicles/tanks will probably be a nightmare for you. Even if he takes Th and you arty he just can go for assault inf and some schrecks.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

27 pounders. job done

also firefly is pretty devastating at range

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

lunarwolf wrote:27 pounders. job done

also firefly is pretty devastating at range

27 pdr? you talking about 18 pdr paks or 25 pdr arty? oO

Well.... vs PE and TH doc the firefly wont help that much. They might be able to defend the own forces against assaults of PE Tank hunters but in offense they would die as well. The IV/70 has also a good chance to bounce even some 17 pdr shots or no shot will hit that unit due to low incoming accuracy. Also double schreck units from PE and the Jagdpanther can bounce of 17 pdrs as well and surviving sometimes up to 4 penetration hits (esspecially zimmert makes then very resistant to any fire). I think the combo of schrekcs, stg squads and IV/70 and or Jagdpanther would get the edge over RE after a while. But i think its highly dependend on the early game here.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

u need to play raf against th doc.. and dont spam tets.. use only 2 max learn how to manuevere piats and such

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

ShadowIchigo wrote:u need to play raf against th doc.. and dont spam tets.. use only 2 max learn how to manuevere piats and such

but you know that NOBODY in bk comes even close to your performence with RAF. You should add that you played up to 1000 games alone with RAF since coh runs on steam and since the stat system in steam got patched. :)

Its not impossible to become as good as you but it will need lot of time to learn it.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Warhawks97 wrote:
ShadowIchigo wrote:u need to play raf against th doc.. and dont spam tets.. use only 2 max learn how to manuevere piats and such

but you know that NOBODY in bk comes even close to your performence with RAF. You should add that you played up to 1000 games alone with RAF since coh runs on steam and since the stat system in steam got patched. :)

Its not impossible to become as good as you but it will need lot of time to learn it.

Lolol thankyou so much Warhawks for the compliment always making my day brighter buddy :] ahhaa but you gotta agree that a very hard counter to TH doc is RAF. even if youre not an experienced player. They have alot of slower tanks which make them perfect for gammon bombs. and sometimes piats can easily damage or destroy their engine from the front.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

ShadowIchigo wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:

Lolol thankyou so much Warhawks for the compliment always making my day brighter buddy :] ahhaa but you gotta agree that a very hard counter to TH doc is RAF. even if youre not an experienced player. They have alot of slower tanks which make them perfect for gammon bombs. and sometimes piats can easily damage or destroy their engine from the front.

But TH doc means not automatically that someone spams TH´s:D... Heavy assault grens with veterancy officer, STG´s or SAS squad supported by Tank IV H and the vehicle with the 20 mm kwk can be really nasty against RAF as well. But TH has no real AA guns which makes use of airplanes to decimate their infantry a way easier. Ive been playing a game lasty year at Montargis region and i faced two RAF players in center (forgot their names but they hadnt been that bad) and i had TH doc. I had one IV/70 to cover the streets against vehicles and in center i had two heavy assault squads, haupsturmführer, 1-2 AT squads and one SS squad. I did very well against them and at the end my heavy assault grens had booth been vet 4 and 5 using only stgs and 7 men strong. Even vet two SAS squads couldnt stand a chance anymore. My SS squad only used the sniper and lmg´s as long range support. It was very hard but finally i cpuld push back booth RAF players out of the center. PE in general can always be played as pure inf doc with heavy assault grens and the usefull haupsturmführer which can hide/ambush and which is three men strong. The vetercany upgrade makes it easy to vet them up fast.

but yeah, RAF is the best way with CW to fight off PE TH doc. Snipers, airstrike, commandos with bombs and combo of 17 pdr+ field howitzer should be really effective.