Tanks, Tanks, Tanks...

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

Tanks, Tanks, Tanks...

Post by Warhawks97 »

Blija map. We went tanks straight, enemie did not= we won. It was no tunnel map.

Current Bk champion
Russian guy
Frost (BK)

vs

Ing.imanuel (inf)
Me (Armor)
SgtSmith (RA)

For real, i havent seen such a Sherman armada. That was sick. RA arty+ masses of cheap tanks= Fuck everything. On maps like this you can build one tank every minute. That was just insane. I guess even Patton hadnt this many tanks at his disposal.
Attachments
6P_BLIJA.2021-09-02.22-44-03.rec
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MenciusMoldbug

Re: Tanks, Tanks, Tanks...

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

Another game I can't watch because its a workshop map, which means its not in the bk map folder, sad.
We really should put Blija as an official map into BK, probably the best 3v3 map in my opinion (or even better, Relic should have fixed this issue for the workshop maps before moving on from COH but that won't happen so).

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

damn, i always forget about it.

well: Short story. We made a decent early push. I secured my fuel side, smith contested the other. I then lost every single unit i had. Who cares about unit preservation. Then out tank production kicked in. One creeping barrage from smith and then we pushed with i think 8 shermans.... 3-4 brits 75 mm, one US 75 and a couple of 76 shermans and E8... i couldnt spend my res fast enough. 34 fuel per min with just one supply yard fuel boost upgrade. It was just one wilde horde that went over enemie fireflies, AT pumas etc. It was a braindead scenario. Inf doc player also went straight for off map arty and jumbo. So on both sides just tanks and arty. 25 pdr, two off maps and tons of tanks......It was like a tsunami. Never seen this before ever.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I like this map. I really would've liked to see the replay because this is usually how I see this map being played out:

heavy infantry fighting for key resources in the middle city. Tanks lined up stale mated on the sides until the infantry fighting starts to favor one side with a resource lead. Then the tanks pushing the sides to end the game at base. usually it ends up being a huge back and forth in the city, each side trying to siphon away fuel little by little to gain and edge in the fields which leads to the end game.

You say this game was all tanks and arty... I find it hard to believe that artillery was a major part if the game while infantry is not... Arty usually means that infantry is a big part of the match. "Infantry oriented games" doesn't necessarily mean "majority of units are infantry".
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 01:35
I like this map. I really would've liked to see the replay because this is usually how I see this map being played out:

heavy infantry fighting for key resources in the middle city. Tanks lined up stale mated on the sides until the infantry fighting starts to favor one side with a resource lead. Then the tanks pushing the sides to end the game at base. usually it ends up being a huge back and forth in the city, each side trying to siphon away fuel little by little to gain and edge in the fields which leads to the end game.

You say this game was all tanks and arty... I find it hard to believe that artillery was a major part if the game while infantry is not... Arty usually means that infantry is a big part of the match. "Infantry oriented games" doesn't necessarily mean "majority of units are infantry".

we have build three basic inf squads in total when i checked the replay+1AT squad for inf player.
But the rest was mainly jeeps, vehicles and then tanks. I have build 1xrifles and 1x HMG and recons. My opponent on my side had at some point two inf squads, medic HT and an AT gun and AT squad. But they got blown away by one tank off map arty strike vs AT gun and one creeping barrage destroyed one Panzer III as well as forcing two inf squads to retreat. So yeah in the early game had been some small infantry formations. But they quickly got dominated by cal 50 jeeps, 20 mm Geppard, scout cars and later Tanks. Thats what infantry is all about: Cap fuel and hold it till tanks arrive. Once this is achieved, Tanks take over and infanty completely disappears. We all went straight for shermans. 75 mm, inf doc jumbo, 76, E8 and canadian 76 reinforcment. Up to 8 shermans grouped up. Smith only said "Shermans till the end of days". And our enemie just said "So many shermans".

I only took my fuel point and OPed it right away. Then captured the entire field with jeeps after we killed their scout cars with some lucky jeeps.