Tiger lord, SP vs Tiger 1vs1!

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

Tiger lord, SP vs Tiger 1vs1!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

The lord of the Tiger tank of Bk mod who is in fact; me!!! :D (Ehem.. :P) fighting against an excellent player with the Armor doctrine whom I believed that he is more likely Warhawks himself for several playing style reasons... However that he actually denied my claim while admitting that he knows the famous player Warhawks very well too ;) But anyways I do still have my own doubts as I have been always seeing Hawks playing exactly the same way through his Steam streaming ^^ Also, this guy only have CoH1 on his Steam btw! Later after the game I discovered that Hawks is already on his friends list as well. Alright then, How u know him Hawks???!!! Who is this guy?? He was too good. He must have learned all by u ^_^

It's a 5 stars 1vs1 game to see honestly after all... Whatever was my opponent.
Attachments
2p_angoville farms.2015-04-01.03-50-39.rec
Just copy the file to ur 'C:Users\"username"\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback' and then u r good to go!
Bk mod v4.88 playback file.
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 20 Apr 2015, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

JimQwilleran

Re: The Tiger lord, SP vs Tiger 1vs1!

Post by JimQwilleran »

I am disappointed with this replay Tiger. This guy build Pershing, and instead of use it, instead of move it, it was just chilling in the base the whole time when u were building your tiger. That was not your superior skills, but complete lack of offensive initiative of ur enemy, who had not captured unprotected points. He just put his units in a row and didn't move them for a good couple of minutes. I don't think that any of our mates would present such level, just because they know you very well, and ur tactic is quite clear. A good player would try to cut you from resources, but his first thought should be preparing for that upcomig tiger. Finally who would rush towards a tiger with mere Pershing and Jumbo (Hellcat got killed even before it saw what hit it), without ANY inf cover...? Please... the way he lost those tanks in just 30 seconds is more than enough to tell you were playing just a semi-noob.

Also I don't really understand why he didn't make spotters. Isn't it the most important part of the warfare (besides killing) to know your enemy's movement? If he had any inf squad in front of his SP, it could detect Shrecks and SP wouldn't get immobilized (2 times -_-).

BullFuzzors, if you read this, I am sorry if I were to harsh for you ;). Probably I am not good enough to be so judgmental, but some of your mistakes were just... to big.

In my opinion Armor doc is not a good doc vs Blitz. Blitz allows player to produce German tanks in bigger quantities. Armor is also about quantities. But German tanks are superior, that's why they win. If it was Terror vs Armor, it would be Armor victory, with Scotts killing grens and epic SP vs KT. But in this game allie player got floated with German tanks!

Why not use RAF? You don't care about Tiger, build and hide 17p, which take PzIV with 1 hit. U keep killing Stormtruppers and other inf with your super commandos, gaining CP, and when Tiger shows, gammon him and Typhoon! Of course it only sounds that easily... but for me it would be much better choice...

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

BullFuzors excellent player? IMAO)

Krieger Blitzer

Well, that wasn't the best of me neither my skills of course. I mean.. u r maybe right illa! And probably the title could be maybe an exaggeration also as that there are other games already uploaded by me surely showing a much higher level of competitive enemies and skills however that still they failed against my Tiger yet as u know... :D

But anyways.. let me list for u those whom I have played against through several 1v1s and recently won; Fide, Erich, Mr.nobody, Zardi, Wurf, Armannaj, Loki, BotHard, Dieter, Dr.Zhivago, Obi, and illa herself :P and some others for sure! All these are definitely well known players, aren't they Sukin?! Well, u might be shocked then if I tell u that this guy actually acted or represented a lot of much better play than many of those great players somehow!!! I only failed to beat Cpt.Scout, Sukin-Kot, Kwok, and Red till now (Maybe few more as well, I can't remember all) ^^ But the last time I played against Cpt was a very long time ago! Also Kwok I think... even Red too!!
I guess I still have my last game replay vs Fide.. this lasted for an hour and a half! It was epic as he was RAF and I were Blitz but I didn't produce a single Tiger ^^ Sadly it's on v4.86 now.

To top it all off, I have generally the best records overall with this tank called the Tiger for now against whosoever enemy, can anyone deny it? xD Muhahahahaha But this doesn't mean I never lose it anyhow!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

well, BullFuzors is on my fl but i dont know that much about him. I havent seen the replay but i dont build pershings (or very very seldomly). Too expensive and weak vs inf. I would rather try to smash your inf blobbs so that the tiger would be alone without much support oO. At all i am not a fan of 1 vs 1. Kwok is indeed very good when he can concentrate on a single or two players (like shadowichigo) and the micro is very well then. But in teamfights they "lack" a bit in general overview over the entire map and players but thats something which i observed in many streams and from many players. Just a handfull actually care about what is happening at the other side of the map and which then may bring in their doctrines strenght at the other side of a map. But too often i also see players which then just write in teamchat: "go back to your side and fight there" instead doing some side switches with their docs to use the strenght of one doc against the weakness of one enemie doc. Like for example an armor doc player faces TH doc on one side and inf at the other side terror doc and instead switching sides so that inf faces TH doc and tank doc terror doc many just keep playing on their side. This is something in my opinion which shows which players are really good (despite micro management).
I also agree with Jim so far. As good as armor doc may be against stormtoopers (unless they are veted and leader squad and schrecks) the capabilities of BK doc to get 1-2 tigers supported by the one or other schreck squad pretty fast with res trade gives it an edge about armor doc (which now can really build a continues stream of tanks and a lot on long term thx to wolfs changes in supply yard and upkeep).

Maybe i gonna watch this 1 vs 1 today evening.

and no.... i did not teach bullFuzzors. Reccons are for me one of the most important units. Also the 300 mp in early game wasted for triage center in base is nothing i would ever do. I would have spend this in sniper or captain to call in 300 mp rifles with double BAR which is quite effective in early game HR.

And thats i i usually have an m16 and or m20 in my lines. Exactly to countey house spawns and luftwaffe squads better and to find their reccons. M20 and M16 are more or less basic equipment for me.And i would try to avoid to waste my first 76 in such a way Oo. In such moments i would start a "submission" untill i have so many units that my enemie cant move in any direction. A mix of emplacments, paks and 76 shermans + scott. I dont try to reach my enemies base as fast as possible when i have such a map controle and all important fuel points. I would play on time then with supply yard and creating an endless large army.

well.... after min 15 i dont understand bull..... he could have had 2 more 76 shermans+ m20/scott/m16 to hold the fuel point. Guess he now waits for pershings.

min 17: Thats a mistake which axis player do which try to play as US..... he builds no units in order to maintain high MP rate or in order to field a "super unit" which allis dont have (dont tell me SP now.... a SP needs support as well). Instead he could have floated tanks and vehicles and even emplacments without hurting mp rate if he would start using the supply yard.....

@BullFuzzors: if you read that i dont know why you agve tiger1996 soooooo much time. he is just waiting for such moments and you did what he wants: Giving time untill he gets his tigers to smash your jumbo and pershings! Dont fight with "US quality" tanks against axis elites. the SP also lives just once in a game. Do more pressure! you had the map and endless res so get mg emplacments as first defensive line to guard fuel points protectect by jeeps and scotts. keep floating 76, then e8´s and upgrade step by step sandbags, smoke (esspecially on high ammo maps you can use smoke all the time with one upgraded large ammo point) and supply yard! You could have filled easily 250 popcap!

min 30: this is what i hate on all us 76 guns. They suck horrible even when used from ambush unless they use all day HVAP. I mean this was not just an accident. I do so in every game and i do tackle US guns simply with double tank IV and often dont take even a scratch from them. The pak was already very lucky that it immobilized the tank IV. If you have sooooo much fuel just use 76 shermans and hellcats instead of a single pak.

min 40: thats why i dont use pershings..... they suck unless they have massive support by anti inf units. Their armor is no way better than those of shermans and sandbaged shermans seem to stand more schrecks and fausts than normal pershings..... and since this map has mega high ammo income shermans would be just as effective against tigers as persh as booth need HVAP anyway.

min 55-56: HAHAH..Tiger used allied tactic to kill SP... and he had success as his tank IV´s destroyed main gun and damaging it.... lmfao. And Tiger.... its Bull and not me. I have only one acc and havent changed my steam name in years.... so. Bull is iirc the only one i do know who comes from Paraguay:)

min 56: Does anyone gets my now why i dont like super range units? Ok scott was in range but theoretically scott could immobilize any tank, even tigers and panthers, before those get into range even... same goes for stuh and stupa.... without realistic chance to beat them in 1 vs 1 they can do have a lucky shot and hit and immobilize the tank and then they keep bombing them and the enemie player can just watch and see how his immobilized tank cant defend themself against such units.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

@Tiger
Well, with all players from your list i had childish 1v1 games which mostly ended in 25-30 mins. With kwok and Wurf i had idk, arround 50 games, they won 5% of them:D. The only true daddy is Zhivago here, but idk actually how he could loose to you, probably was drunken or experimented with doc ( Crap Royal Engeniers as i suppose).

Best players which were hard to face so far are my Svt friends: impulse, mg42, zhivago and from random: Moss (though he is mr. 1 map guy, but still very skillfull) and probably ShadowIchi, though i never lost to him, but some games were damn close to it, ah and suddenly 2 games against MessUup were a bit complicated, but we all know how he stucking 1v1 rules.

I probably played 1v1s with all top players exept WhiteLoki (usually online at late evening, there are bigger games in that time) Warhawks ( doesnt play 1v1s) and Cyberzombie (refusing cause fearing of being pissed of after battle:D) But still i looking forward to have matches with them;)

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Pershing needs paid ammo to knock out a tiger 1? There must be a mistake, since standard 90mm ammo could pen tiger's flat 100mm at any distance, day and night, while tiger's short 88 would struggle against pershing's 130 effective frontal armor. Just saying...
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Krieger Blitzer

This is incorrect... Normal Pershings are quite always able to penetrate the Tiger's frontal armor very effectively causing high damage on most cases without any HVAP rounds to be loaded! Also the Pershing actually can stand very fine against Panthers and Hs as I saw them bouncing off their shells several times as supposed; But their only real disadvantage is that they are small and not well protected against powerful Axis handled AT weapons like PanzerSchrecks unlike Tigers against Allies Bazookas.. u have to keep in mind too that the Pershing is a medium tank which is compared to the Panther and the Jumbo as they all act like heavies being able to overrun bushes for example while the Tiger is a true heavy tank on the other hand.

By letting the theoretical studies beside, we could definitely confirm that the Tiger's 88mm gun was probably the most feared cannon of the ww2 btw simply cuz it killed so many or maybe the most ever!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I never risk any fight against axis heavies without use of HVAP or without having simply a lot more tanks. The 90 mm bounces not seldomly from tigers and panthers on distant range withotu HVAP rounds. But Tiger should also use special AP rounds to fight the pershing just to make sure.

Also not only hendheld AT are a large threat to pershings. There are 4 docs with tanks and vehicles equiped with 88/L71 and all docs have either powerfull 88/L71, stationary 88´s (which are stronger than tiger I 88 gun although its the same weapon) or Panther canons (75mm/L70). Means it doesnt make that much sense to go simply for thick armor as allied in late games. Its better to share the cost and risk over many tanks and having some fragile fast tanks with strong canoons to counter axis heavies.

I cant say how good the 90 mm against tiger or 88/L56 was against pershing with standard AP rounds but in general the Panthers frontal armor was harder to pen than tigers frontal armor and 90 mm penetrated those at 600 yards on glacis plate and at 1500 yards the frontal turret.

@Tiger: once again, there is not simply "the" 88 mm gun. We have the L56, the l71 and a few models of l/74. The L71 was a really brutal gun and penetrated everything quite easily. The L/56 was less powerfull in armor piercing than Panther gun. The L/56 struggeld against the latest heavy russian tanks and latest churchill armors.
Build more AA Walderschmidt