[5.2.6] 2v2 Hügel 112 vs. Dude & Kine

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Walderschmidt

[5.2.6] 2v2 Hügel 112 vs. Dude & Kine

Post by Walderschmidt »

Huegel 112 2v2 vs Dude & Kine.PNG
Huegel 112 2v2 vs Dude & Kine.PNG (9.71 KiB) Viewed 603 times
This was a long, tough game.

Highlights:

1) Recon/sniper fights (constantly sniping each other's recon/sniper)
2) Me losing most of my tanks to AT guns
3) Panthers coming too late to turn the tide
4) Cheeky rocket jeeps (give them 2 extra missles pretty please with a cherry on top!)
5) Coordination between the two American players!?
6) AA but who knows if it actually helped?

First off, I want to point out that I lost most of my tanks to enemy AT guns behind walls of MG and later stormtroopers. Rushing forward without infantry support or recon is still dumb. And well positioned, well-supported AT guns are still effective.

Secondly, I want to say that while I didn't see any planes get shot down, my teammate said that my AA shot down some planes, so my investment was not completely in vain.

The game started off with both Royal and I contest our respective fuel points. I think I took mine and he lost his. My opponent and I traded spotters and snipers and I lost my jeeps when I was trying to micro my tank to help out Royal instead of focusing on my side. Since I didn't really help him out much or say anything, I should have just focused on my side.

I had a fast HE Sherman -one of my fastests, I think. But it got taken out by an AT gun. For some reason, two or three of my first tanks all had engine crits when they took their first shots. By the time my opponent had started getting out tanks, I didn't really have that much trouble defending against them. I too. had an AT gun, and an M10 to help out.

I think there was a couple of things that turned the tide.

a) I got all the supply yard upgrades so my manpower and fuel income were the best they could be early on
b) We didn't really completely cut the enemy off from their fuel for any appreciable time until the end of the game. But Royal and I had captured both fuels a couple of times which helped my income and hurt enemy income
c) I started to use my rocket jeeps to attack AT guns and forcing point-capping inf squads to retreat (this helped us cap and keep both fuel for short spurts)
d) I started to coordinate with my teammate - specifically I reminded him (and he reminded me!) to get spotters which increased our situational awareness and got him to build AT emplacements that helped keep the Panthers from running rampant

Here was the score in the end.
20210304233144_1.jpg
Good game and well played ^The dude & cgq_Kine!
6p_hill_112.2021-03-04.23-33-01.rec
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Diablo

Re: [5.2.6] 2v2 Hügel 112 vs. Dude & Kine

Post by Diablo »

Nice read, Wald.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

well, in the early time to like min 15 kine had total controle. But he wasted far too many ressource into HMG emplacment and double AT gun. He had so much fuel that he could have steamroled you with tanks.

Royal companion got his supply yard faaaaar too late. he for his part lost at least 30 MP per min for a long time. And with his fuel and off map arty he could have crushed his enemie rather quickly.

Companion seems to play the same Inf meta with off map and cqc squad. He did it in the game i had with him yesterday as well.
Instead these 450 MP and 2 CP could have been spend into 76 shermans by a time when the luft dude had nothing but a 50 mm AT gun.

He got two M16 which was good. from then on he better scaled tanks to prevent the bleeding of his forces against luft inf.

So basically, dude could have spend a few res into a tank and thus would have obliterated companion who had 0 AT at min 15 (i for my part would get insanely nervous to face a tank at any moment). But the dude also had little AT. Your jeeps did well before so at his place i would have build a jeep and then tanks.

AT min 22 kine still only had F2 and leaving his AT guns far in the background. Ofc they get overruned by two e8. by that time and that fuel he should have had at least a stug and a panther or a bunch of J´s.
The 6 pdr btw did freaking well against the f2. It kept bouncing or failed to hit. The e8 came just in time to save your ass.

At min 23 i would have build a jeep and tank commander rather than two more easy eights when already having two fielded. Charge with jeep, trigger or find the AT guns (talking about basic jeep) and smash it with arty.

Min 25: Thats why making a bull run with a jeep first before risking your valuable e8 knowing that he got AT guns at these locations......
Basically three tanks lost that could have been avoided by a stupid jeep run.

That makes over 100 fuel wasted. And you knew the rough position of the AT guns due to an earlier loss at the same spot.

Also with this much ammo but no fuel you must get War machinery, esspecially when going on tank suicide runs and also you should get tank commanders and arty. That AT gun at min 26 would have been taken out with ease then. Instead it became a nuisance for you.

Min 26: Kine goes Blitz Manpower for no reason instead of unlocking stuff first that is actually worth the trade..

Min 28: The Dude: 1000 MP and 350 fuel
Panthers: Nope!
Wirbelwind: Nope!

Your AT gun is killed by by mortar.
Jesus Maria. I love these "i play only with luft inf" guys. AT? Panther? Wirbelwind? Its the second time i saw Luft player facing extensive infantry resistance and not getting a wirbelwind of their own to back its troops up.

The inf vs AB game was a pure game of attrition with both sides throwing expensive stuff into a shredding mill.
You won the tank fight= you won the game.

Min 29: Thats why M10 is a core unit. You just MUST go it. 6 pdr will hold back shit if there is a determined attacker!

Min 30: Wald, pls. Again? TC arty? Perhaps?
40 mins later: Royal Companion got his supply yard. By this time he at least lost 900 MP. Perhaps even more.
Min 54: Super how AT guns work :roll: :?

The good thing is: I love the way you play armor doc. e8, vet unlock etc. Just in future use more often ammo unlock (you spend a lot of ammo for ammo upgrades) and perhaps build sometimes a jeep instead of two tanks.
You are one of few armor doc players i would gladly play with knowing that i have always shermans in the field.

Good use of jackson btw.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Thanks for your feedback and compliments Warhawks!

Thanks Diablo!

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL