[3v3] Goodwood

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
F31.58

[3v3] Goodwood

Post by F31.58 »

https://youtu.be/ImHioM8h80Y

Casual game playing 3v3 on 4v4 map

Also wanted people to notice how ineffective is Priest with flame rounds and please notice that suppression ability of Riflemen equipped with BAR are bugged and not working

TANEBIRD

Re: [3v3] Goodwood

Post by TANEBIRD »

Can anyone confirm that the B.A.R. is doing MORE damage than the greasegun or are they the same without a suppression effect for the greasegun instead? Also, you're really fucking good at infantry. I notice you have a constant flow of troops coming back to the battlefield, and somehow they're preventing the blobbing up of them for the most part. I also see that you use your recons very well. I find it hard to keep them alive myself once shit hits the fan. The placement in the middle of the AT gun emplacement was genius, especially by the 2 story house so that it was protected on one side. Your AT guns are used well, taking advantage of bushes to hide. Do you have any specific "weapon model" if you will for your regular non infiltration rangers? Do you have a squad solely devoted to anti infantry or do you usually give them at least one bazooka?

TANEBIRD

Post by TANEBIRD »

Also do you bother with the thompson at all for the rangers? Or should I arm them with 1919s instead. I know the thompsons can be fully fired while moving even sprinting but the range they're useful for can work againsts them with certain units (ideally, germans with stg 44s, or machinegun or ESPECIALLY goddamn flamethrowers)

I feel like when I give them 2 thompson submachine guns I am fucking myself in a sense because once they have those weapons the germans with the above mentioned weapons come out of the fucking woodworks.

At this point I'll take any advice you can give me and also, what would you change about infantry doctrine if you could? Do you like CQC squad?

F31.58

Post by F31.58 »

Thompson upgrade still a specialized weapon, but after buffing it came to life. The problem with most SMG upgrades that it takes two slots, thus drastically decreasing your firepower on a long-mid ranges. You still need to get close to the enemy to get use of it, considering that it is not a vanilla coh where you can just do it. I still have a old habit of vanilla coh where US should be doing constant pressure and that's where I am finding myself in a situations where I'm having a MP sink. Giving SMG to a squad and using it in every situation is a good example where you start loosing more men, that would considered to be ok. On the other hand LMG just greatly compensate the slow fire rate of Garands.
TANEBIRD wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 09:47
what would you change about infantry doctrine if you could?
Infantry doctrine is in good spot right now. It has too much toys to play with. From playing partisan tactics to creating arty fest.
My favorite is making AT emplacements at quick time, instead wasting your precious time to move mobile one from base to the front and get quickly destroyed by a rocket artillery. ( Which brings us to another problem of bad cost-effectiveness of support guns)
TANEBIRD wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 09:47
Do you like CQC squad?
Still useful even after the nerf. Never underestimate units that could just teleport in any building you want, get it mined and just playing fun, when you are playing from camouflage. Tho, It would be better if you could have an ability to replace ability with a bazooka to actual weapon in hands later on

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Watched the replay and i am currently doing the same gameplay. I had a atime where i went for arty straight.

But atm i am going off map, then cheaper production of inf (super usefull when rocket arty spam starts taking tolls on your forces), constant pressure and exploiting and backing up the inf with 75 mm HT for arty support vs mortars, HMG´s etc.

And then later M10 and shermans.

I find the combo of cheap rifles, 75 mm HT, off map arty and shermans/M10 quite effective. Will take a closer look in future with Rangers.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

TANEBIRD

Post by TANEBIRD »

Wait a second, what do you mean spawn into a building here? How do you do this? Call the call in on a building? It never occured to me to do that

TANEBIRD

Post by TANEBIRD »

I remember reading this part about several of these squads, like gebirgjagr and shit, and it was always something I was wondering how to do, but it never occured to me it would work like that, which now that I think about it, makes me absoutely retarded. Damn.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

TANEBIRD wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 16:15
I remember reading this part about several of these squads, like gebirgjagr and shit, and it was always something I was wondering how to do, but it never occured to me it would work like that, which now that I think about it, makes me absoutely retarded. Damn.
We were all once as new as you currently are to the game... hahahha, but that explains why most of your balance posts make no sense to me :P (no offense, take it easy)

Here is a tip:
Storms, Gebrigs, SE doc Sabotage & US CQB squad can all spawn in building.
However, 1 difference makes the CQB at great advantage compared to others.. as it can spawn in buildings even out of sight if those buildings were not occupied.

TANEBIRD

Post by TANEBIRD »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 16:21
TANEBIRD wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 16:15
We were all once as new as you currently are to the game... hahahha, but that explains why most of your balance posts make no sense to me :P (no offense, take it easy)

Here is a tip:
Storms, Gebrigs, SE doc Sabotage & US CQB squad can all spawn in building.
However, 1 difference makes the CQB at great advantage compared to others.. as it can spawn in buildings even out of sight if those buildings were not occupied.
Holy shit I have been getting wrecked nonstop because I had to wait for that squad to get up to the frontline. Holy shit