Road to Cherbourg - Unbalanced?

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Wake

Road to Cherbourg - Unbalanced?

Post by Wake »

I have this theory, and I want to know if you think it is correct or not.

Road to Cherbourg is not a balanced map, whoever starts on the top has a higher chance of winning.

I believe this because of the resources. All the points are the same for each side, with there being an equal number of resources. The difference is whoever controls the middle, which has a high fuel point in the town and a high munition point in the walled-off mansion on the hill. The thing is, the team that starts at the top is MUCH closer to the "middle" than the team that starts at the bottom. They can easily get a squad inside the fuel point house and inside the munition mansion before the bottom team even gets close. As a result, they will have a much higher resource income, ESPECIALLY with fuel since there are only 3 fuel points in the entire map.

A side-effect of this is that many players play fixed starting locations, and, coincidentally, the axis are the team that starts at the top when you play fixed locations. This may be why so many players call this map unbalanced towards axis, while in reality, it's really just whoever starts at the top.

This is just my theory, though. Feel free to prove me wrong or right.

Warhawks97

Re: Road to Cherbourg - Unbalanced?

Post by Warhawks97 »

Ive been playing it with booth factions from booth sides and i had it usually easier with axis there. Its bottlekneck and thus a combo of inf, scout cars and pak with HE rounds will quickly gain controle of the mid point. But if you play as team as allied and each produces different units then the early 60 mm can push the axis back if the other players provide cover with paks etc. Just the 60 mm has a very long build time (56 secs iirc) which makes it hard as solo player to get the 60 mm early enough by having enough nits to protect it but with good team you can take controle then with allied.
Build more AA Walderschmidt