4.8.5.0 - Beating superior Arty

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

4.8.5.0 - Beating superior Arty

Post by Warhawks97 »

4.8.5. Road to Cherbourgh

Allied:

DivSSWiking (US Armor)
MG42slo (CW Arty)
Erich (Inf doc)

vs axis

VFA-97 Warhawks (Luftwaffe)
HerrObersturmbannführerWurf (BK doc)
Volksgrenadiers (Def doc)

I know we actually lost the game but enemie Armor doc player failed to use his res more effectively and wasted an SP. Still our gameplay was far from being perfect as well as we first camped a lot and later wasting heavy tanks by staying arround.

Many luft players do fail to change their playstyle in late game. They keep using only their luft inf like in early game although they get outnumbered more and more. But luft provides so much more as you will see in this game. For example i used advanced repairs with luft pios (although in this game it didnt worked so well due to heavy arty) but its very usefull in late game as support for tanks of teammates. Also 88 VT can be very usefull.

However this game shows how highly superior arty isnt everything you need to win. They had howitzers, 107 mm mortars, two high vet priests, arty shermans while we had nothing in late game except 2-3 88´s used with VT. Still we won with combo of Tank,inf and Henschel Attack.

Hope you enjoy and maybe player will realize what Luft doc can provide as alternatives and support to their infantry. I did not build Panthers as our Bk player got more than enough Heavy tanks.

There is one interesting moment in game: I did rush with my Pgrens towards Jumbo and CW AA tank and ive been able to move forward with my grens and throwing AT nade to AA tank. These AA Tanks really need som anti inf buff. Every other unit like Wirbelwind, Ostwind, M16, M15A1 and Möbelwagen show a much better performence. And whats the sense of AA Tanks if not fighting inf? Shooting airplanes but to do that successfully they would need an AA mode.

Enjoy.
Attachments
6p_road to cherbourg.2015-02-20.19-36-09.rec
(7.49 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt