Nice clashes

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

Nice clashes

Post by Warhawks97 »

4.8.5. Road to Cherbourgh

Allied:

Sukin.Kot (inf)
VFA-97 Warhawks (US armor)
Hellfire (CW Arty)

vs axis

PantherCZ (Terror)
ObersturmbannFührerWurf (SE)
divSSWiking (Def)

An interesting game. The early till mid stage was silly like always and wespe first dominating but later our Priests somwhow managed to turn the game. I like the later step of the game where booth sides defenses got destroyed or the biggest part of them. Thats why i basically like arty:P It opens the field and cleaning all the def stuff so that micro managment of units will win the day and first then Tank clashes do become really interesting.

But i have some questions:

1.) 76 bounces from KT´s rear armor oO. I observed it also against JT´s, Elephant. Which sense makes flanking then if the 76 do bounce so frequently from very heavy tanks rear?.... anyway
2.) The Jacks A has no flank speed after ambush shot even when engine is upgraded. I think its stupid because most enemie tanks the jacksA is facing or the Jacks is supposed to counter knocks the tank out in single shot often. So such as m18 and M10´s do quickly drive out of Tigers, Tank IV´s and Panthers gun range or trying to circle arround them when the first shot wasnt successfull to avoid being killed by those. The expensive Jacks A should also be able to escape fast enough from Elephants and KT´s etc. For a normal ambush with escape the Jacks requires 100 ammo for HVAP upgrade and activation and 50 ammo for engine upgrade and then after shot extra micro managment and further 35 ammo for flank speed. It´s weird that Jacks A that is supposed to be used like m10´s and M18´s cant flank enemie tanks or escape from them such as the other allied tankbuster can do.
3.) Why do i need supply yard for smoke upgrade? Tank depot would make more sense.
4.) smoke screens for tanks seem to be a kinda waste: Buff the effect of smoke screens. Smoke fired from mortars and arty seems to be a lot more effective.
5.) Why is always one zook a miss even against a big target like Tiger while schrecks sniping through smoke screens etc?
6.) Why deals US tread breaker ability only engine damaged when penetrating?

I hope you guys can enjoy it.
Attachments
6p_road to cherbourg.2015-02-21.23-39-40.rec
(7 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Armacalic

Re: Nice clashes

Post by Armacalic »

Doesn't the flank speed activate automatically when ordering the Jackson to move out of camo?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Armacalic wrote:Doesn't the flank speed activate automatically when ordering the Jackson to move out of camo?

no... its stupid as the tank is then usually killed by the opponent tank. Esspecially when facing the KT´s, JP´s, elephants etc the Jacks seldomly succeeds to knock it out or destroying enemies main gun in a single shot. The engine upgrade already costs 50 ammo for the Jacks A so it cost 75 ammo for engine and AP round upgrade and then 75 for AP round activation (which players usually do against Tigers, KT´s etc) and then you quickly have to pick the tank and activate for further 35 ammo top speed to escape quickly from the enemie Tank.

But there is more strange stuff. The Jacks camo shot bonus is less than those of all other TD´s except Nashorn which as 0 camo bonus for unkown reasons (but it oneshots most tanks anyway). So since US players use usually AP rounds when facing Tigers and bigger tanks The jacks makes no sense as long as enemie has only Tigers and Panthers. From my experience a Hellcat with AP rounds from ambush kills a Panther (and Tiger) just as good as a Jacks with HVAP rounds from ambush. And against Super heavies the Jacks might make sense but as it is fragile and without flank speed its often a victim of the opponents 88/L71 which makes the SP usually preferable or sending simply mates Airborne ranger with sticky or using rifles to get somehow a sticky on them. When i face elephant and JT with armor doc i rather spend the 700 mp into rifles to be honest for sticky bombs. If CW arty is there the JT´s are killed by cw arty usually.

So the only advantage of the Jacks A compared to Hellcat is that you spare HVAP with jacks when fighting Tank IV´s and that you need less shots to kill a Tiger as the 90 mm deals more damage. But for the cost i rather build the hellcats with good speed, flank speed etc. The Hellcat and achilles are the only that are sometimes able in late game to flank enemie tanks effectively without being a too big cost risk to run into schrecks. The Jacks... i would seldomly dare a flank attack with them as it would be also too expensive.

crimax

Post by crimax »

The most noticeable thing I've seen is, how RA arty destroyed KT, Tiger, etc., almost alone ..... wow.
4.8.6.0 is on, and US should be able to build more units, cause less fuel upkeep.
If arty didn't change, I suspect some balancing issue for axis, especially in late game. Obviously, I could be wrong, maybe ....
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

crimax wrote:The most noticeable thing I've seen is, how RA arty destroyed KT, Tiger, etc., almost alone ..... wow.
4.8.6.0 is on, and US should be able to build more units, cause less fuel upkeep.
If arty didn't change, I suspect some balancing issue for axis, especially in late game. Obviously, I could be wrong, maybe ....

i will see how many tanks more i can build effectively. havent played pvp yet. And KT got killed by my arty, then by CW arty but yeah.... Thing is when units like KT´s are on the field protected by schrecks its really damn hard to get close enough to KT or flanking kT with tanks. Most effective is an veted airborne blobb and simply CW arty. I mean you saw the KT and we had 3 e8, jacks and firefly attacking from all sides but that unit just didnt want to die so the only really effective way is to get the SP or simply arty. But a KT supported by some inf squads with couple of schrecks cant be really beaten by numbers. I mean i had another game at reversed and played with BK doc almost alone against AB and commandos. My leader squad and an assault squad had each 100 kills and got always supported by a Tank IV and i smashed all the commandos, sas and AB´s alone for like one hour in a defensive fight. When AB player then tried to kill my Tank IV J with..idk.... let it be 6-8 shermans and 2 M10 wolverine my single Tank IV J, assault squad vet 5 with schreck and one AT squad killed all 8-10 tanks and my Tank IV was alive and only heavily damaged. I had some luck for sure but just saying that KT with inf support is not really killable with an overwhelming attack of a couple of shermans. Someone wrote that the M10 with this heat round is effective against it but i havent tested it yet and range is short.

Most axis super heavies and elite tanks get killed by airplanes or arty.... any other method is actually never cost effective. Maybe with reduction of the allied war machinery in US armor doc an attack with numbers of shermans and TH´s can be effective and cost effective. But allied war machinery can be only effectively used at Road to cherbough and Reversed defense. All other maps do simply not provide enough ammo for effective use of it. Even when i dont upgrade my shermans with special AP rounds its not really easy to use it more than once in a game. But i dont really have a prob that most axis super heavies get killed by arty and airplanes. Its simply their weakness and maybe even only weakness (at least KT). And JT´s and elephants get also usually only immoblized by inf and then killed by arty and airplanes.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Game was very boring, half of match i fought against AI on my side.