Kurland Pocket 1v1

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Mr. FeministDonut

Kurland Pocket 1v1

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Interesting and long game airborn doctrine against terror!
Enjoy!

p.s: this game clearly shows how BS are US units are, making it working only by few units
Attachments
temp.rec
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 78 times

Shanks

Re: Kurland Pocket 1v1

Post by Shanks »

is seriously? you won this game... why it is a shit USA exactly? ... with a hellcat you killed a tiger, you had superiority even having less territory ... what is wrong with USA exactly?

Mr. FeministDonut

Shanks wrote:is seriously? you won this game... why it is a shit USA exactly? ... with a hellcat you killed a tiger, you had superiority even having less territory ... what is wrong with USA exactly?

This was attrition battle and I won this, only because of skill and getting my opponent pissed off loosing a Tiger. Otherwise if he countined spamming his units, upgraded his grenadiers with cheap STG, I would have lost that.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

If he had done that, I'm sure you'll have an M4 Sherman with HE ... right?

Mr. FeministDonut

I couldn't be anywhere with sherman, you know

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Shanks wrote:If he had done that, I'm sure you'll have an M4 Sherman with HE ... right?

The golden WH rule: Dont build anything costing more than 400-450 MP except Panthers and Jagdpanzer with Panther guns. Just spam multirole max 400-450 MP units like grens, Stug III/IV, Panzer IV J and you can beat pretty much everything on the field.

You think you cant spam them? you can bc 400 MP is relatively cheap and WH has very low upkeep for these units so you can spam them.

I mean your guns take out any tank but the very heaviest but for those you got many schrecks.
The WH 400 MP units are the most cost effective units and all of them are real multirole units. Versatile<more versatile< WH ~400 MP units.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

@hawks...you're right, but that does not make the airborne weak, i mean it is still a good doctrine ...everything has its good and bad face

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Shanks wrote:@hawks...you're right, but that does not make the airborne weak, i mean it is still a good doctrine ...everything has its good and bad face

I think the main complain with AB is that you either go air raids and tanks but then their inf is piss poor and bad.

If you want to have your inf good you need to spend all CP´s for inf unlocks and drop many units with many upgrades and the HQ squad. But then you lack many other things for a long part of the game.

Luft unlocks inf and its good. It unlocks TD´s and its good, it unlocks Tanks and they are good, they unlock air raids and they are good, they unlock 88 guns and they are good just as they are.

As AB thats not the case. Like you unlock 101st, then shermans and then strafe and you got only crap bc non of these units is really usuable without spending more CP´s into them or tons of ammo. Sherman sucks when you got no ammo, air raids cant be used without ammo and inf sucks also without ammo and tons of more CP spending and tons of more MP spending into many many squads. So you end up basically with just one third of the army usuable, depending where you spend your ammo (and CP) into. I think people just want that the 82nd behaves like a 4 CP 450 MP unit and not like a standard t1 inf squad which you get for half the cost. Same goes for the 101st.

If a gren squad would perform so poor (even vs the most basic infantry units) for their 410 MP.... you know.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

I only use the 101 and then I enable the airplanes, I have hellcat-m10 I use them if I need them, the 82 and the last 101 I use it only at the end of the game, I think that is the best way to unlock the doctrine tree, even unlocking supplies before the 82, because they give you hmg and mortars for free and I use them with the engineers (almost nobody does this, and I say it because I see people playing with airb and they does not use this advantage), apart you have ammunition and fuel .. This is not bad at all, on the contrary, it makes the airbone a fearsome doctrine ... I have confronted the fj with the airbone without problems, many times ... the 82nd and 101 (the last one), I use them to finish the game having a combination of long distance infantry + short distance infantry that is = a brutal, supported by planes and hellcat (which has HE and is fast on the battlefield)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Shanks wrote:I only use the 101 and then I enable the airplanes, I have hellcat-m10 I use them if I need them, the 82 and the last 101 I use it only at the end of the game, I think that is the best way to unlock the doctrine tree, even unlocking supplies before the 82, because they give you hmg and mortars for free and I use them with the engineers (almost nobody does this, and I say it because I see people playing with airb and they does not use this advantage), apart you have ammunition and fuel .. This is not bad at all, on the contrary, it makes the airbone a fearsome doctrine ... I have confronted the fj with the airbone without problems, many times ... the 82nd and 101 (the last one), I use them to finish the game having a combination of long distance infantry + short distance infantry that is = a brutal, supported by planes and hellcat (which has HE and is fast on the battlefield)

And here you got the meta. Its pretty much the same i do. Untill late game i use 101st only for some secondary duties and the off map mortar barrage call in.

But you dont get anything powerfull/usefull just by unlocking the 101st. And thats the complain most players have i think. Its like you need to spend 6-8 CP just to get a usefull 101st.

I am not playing airborne that much but the infantry in general is the last thing i go for bc going for it first makes it too predictable and he will just smash you with HE tanks. So i am ending up unlocking off map mortar strike for my observers which i place early on arround presumed enemie AT gun locations, unlocking M10 and using it in conjunction with vehicles, recon planes also early to use them at the most effective moment when enemie defensive line still has their gaps and ultimately i go for the infantry tree.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

only for 2 CP, you have the best 101 (I say the best one, because you have a cheap long distance weapon "if you upgrade the support armament center", only for 20 munitions and you can do it en masse), you do not need to spend 6 or 8 CP, that's what I meant, and the mortar is from the supply that you have for free and it's really very useful, although you do not believe it ... on the other hand if you say that a panzer with HE crushes the airbone, it's there where the hellcat or the M10 goes into action

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Shanks wrote:only for 2 CP, you have the best 101 (I say the best one, because you have a cheap long distance weapon "if you upgrade the support armament center", only for 20 munitions and you can do it en masse), you do not need to spend 6 or 8 CP, that's what I meant, and the mortar is from the supply that you have for free and it's really very useful, although you do not believe it ... on the other hand if you say that a panzer with HE crushes the airbone, it's there where the hellcat or the M10 goes into action

And thats the point. I dont say AB is weak. The main complain players bring up is that you spend CP and 385 MP to get a unit not better than rifles. It needs upgrades and the supply yard upgrade to make them cheaper also costs something.
And even then a single squad is meh.

2-3 and upgraded are needed to be effective. The 82nd... well we dont need to speak about it.
Thus while others unlock a unit, deploy them and get good used of it AB needs to deploy them, deploy more of them and several upgrades just to achieve what others do at default.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

that's not a problem ... do you want an OP unit? ... the basic troop of the USA is strong, so, I think airb doc is fine as it is in all aspects .. maybe, if I suggest a change that the M10 and hellcat are unblocked only by 1 CP, and nothing else