[5.1.5] Hero Stug - 1v1

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

[5.1.5] Hero Stug - 1v1

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Me vs Figree (mofetagalactica)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRXma6s7GWc
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

if I were the host, I wouldn't have picked such a small map though.

Anyway, enjoy! ;)

Warhawks97

Re: [5.1.5] Hero Stug - 1v1

Post by Warhawks97 »

Ah, nice, pls everyone check out min 56:10 to 56:17. Thats the absurdity of AP shots 25% damage boost for axis and CW. They boost shermans armor so that i can battle axis medium tanks better and boost their HP from 636 to 700. As a result of armor boost the axis now use the AP shots more often. The side effect is that the damage boost kicks in and the axis max 600 damage gun (that wouldnt oneshot a sherman without 5% lucky shot) suddenly becomes a 750 damage monster that can oneshot the best shermans without triggering the lucky shot. At the other hand a sherman would never be able to oneshot a tank IV unless triggering that lucky shot as its max damage is 600 while tank IV has 636 damage.

So the armor and HP buff of shermans turns out as a disadvantage at the end as axis will use more often AP and thus accidentially triggering also a damage boost.

Same goes the other way arround. Shanks complained about Achilles almost oneshoting Elephants using AP shots. The achilles can reach 1015 damage max with 25% ambush boost and 25% damage boost of AP shot. Elephant has 1200 HP (uses same armor as KT so far). The US 90 mm can reach with AP and ambush max 850 damage (just to get a feeling).

So once again i would vote for a damage boost removal from ALL ap shots. It turns even smaller guns into real damage monsters.

@Figree: If your opponent puts his defense in his base and place units in ambush there then basebomb is actually allowed (if possible at the ambush location). Thats my understanding of fair basebomb.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

@Figree: If your opponent puts his defense in his base and place units in ambush there then basebomb is actually allowed (if possible at the ambush location). Thats my understanding of fair basebomb.

True, that's why I lost against Tiger in same conditions, after he did comeback from his base, not knowing that I can bomb to ashes his ambushed Stug, ha-ha!

Krieger Blitzer

Well, I think WH has like 10% chance to win early game on such a small map against US infantry doctrine on high resources...
Thus I think bombing the base in this case would have actually been so unfair.. since that there is no other choice but to camp in base.

However, if this was a big 2v2 map and standard res then I guess locking the WH player in base early game would be nearly impossible then.

Also, it seems that the 75mm Sherman cannon has very good chances penetrating Stugs frontally!

Though, i support removing damage boost of AP shells from all sides, both Axis and CW.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

There are AA emplacements, infantry, could be snipers, stugs - basically impossible to defeat stronghold, which counters only by off-map support, so I see the reason why you can bomb it then, additionally WH can just call-in tanks without any fuel, as well as US and PE, yeah. I don't think that big, game changing excuse should be there

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Warhawks97 wrote:
Same goes the other way arround. Shanks complained about Achilles almost oneshoting Elephants using AP shots. The achilles can reach 1015 damage max with 25% ambush boost and 25% damage boost of AP shot. Elephant has 1200 HP (uses same armor as KT so far). The US 90 mm can reach with AP and ambush max 850 damage (just to get a feeling).

I did not complain, I was just comparing it with the hetzer, do not lie

@tiger..I think that in small maps, bk and def have a great opportunity vs inf doc, especially def doc
Last edited by Shanks on 29 Aug 2018, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:There are AA emplacements, infantry, could be snipers, stugs - basically impossible to defeat stronghold, which counters only by off-map support, so I see the reason why you can bomb it then, additionally WH can just call-in tanks without any fuel, as well as US and PE, yeah. I don't think that big, game changing excuse should be there

CW can also call-in tanks without fuel btw :p So, basically all factions.
Figree played very well so far, and my Stug was already targeted several times with arty.. right at the borders of my base, and I was fine with that.
Next times I would only do 1v1 on big maps though.

Shanks wrote:@tiger..I think that in small maps, bk and def have a great opportunity vs inf doc, especially def doc

Ya, but not on high resources I think.. probably true on low res.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Shanks wrote:
I did not complain, I was just comparing it with the hetzer, do not lie

Well, Hetzer can reach also 937,5 damage with AP and ambush and decent pen vs jumbo and Pershings.

The bottom line is the same though.
Build more AA Walderschmidt